You’re Living for an Image…So You got Five Hundred…

Welcome back to the Scheu Family Blog. It is our 500th entry. …Hard to believe we’ve been doing this for over ten years now! We also have 1336 videos uploaded to these pages. It’s been quite a ride. It was a very wet week. When the snow finally got out of here last weekend, it all turned to rain. I think we ended up with about four inches of more precipitation…and they are calling for more snow tonight, as I write this! Matt had another long week of school, continuing to student teach at a local elementary. He made his way home this week and spent the weekend with us. All was right in the world as the family was together again. Abby worked and danced all week. Heck, it feels like she’s already gone to school since we hardly see her anymore. When she’s not dancing, working or at school, she’s at Trevin’s house! Luke got back to football workouts, lifting and getting stronger each week. After hem-hawing around all winter, he has decided to try track again this year. Being one of the fastest boys in school, he’s going to try sprints again this year and see if his Achilles heel will stay healthy long enough for him to compete in races and high jump. He also wants to throw shot put and discus as well, given his success in his first attempt last year. Ann & I both updated our resumes this week. Ann enjoyed a rare week of knee pain relief. I got in 20 miles of walking, which is my best for this year…but slipped a bit on staying compliant with my keto diet. It all evens out in the end, right?

It was back to work & school on Monday morning. Abby worked at BWR after school instead of working at the dance studio and also missed her class with Kuyhlia because she was still out of town. Luke had football workouts at the Fieldhouse that afternoon and was pretty sore that night. Ann worked on her resume that evening, just keeping her options open – good luck, babe! I walked a 5K after work on a pretty day in the 60s. We watched our DVR’ed shows that evening when it began to rain. It rained all night…

It rained all day and night on Tuesday. Although it was wet, it did manage to stay warm – near 60 again. Abs was in early for Student Council then met wet up with Kuyhlia after school and they drove up to IUPUI for the next Colts Cheerleaders workshop. She showed up a few times on their website the next day. We’ll have those photos next week. Luke again had football workouts at the Fieldhouse and then hung out with Garrett. I walked a 5K in the rain after a fast day of work. Ann continued working on her resume, as it had been quite a while since she updated it. In fact, she inspired me to update my resume as well…just keeping my options open, ya know? She made some delicious chicken fajitas for dinner that night. Later that evening, she worked for a few hours on her After-Prom stuff.

lp18.04.01 lbsp18.01 lbsp18.02 lbsp18.03 lbsp18.04 lbsp18.05 lbsp18.06 lbsp18.07

After school on Wednesday, Abby had her friends Mary & Molie over to do a photo session for her Colts Cheerleader tryouts application. Afterward they ran on to the dance studio for jazz and tap classes at Dixon. Luke had the night off and spent it playing Fortnight (still). I walked about 5K outside on a sprinkle-y, 60-degree day after a long day with my corporate overlord. It rained all day again. Ann’s knees were finally a little bit better, thanks to her recent shots. She had an After-Prom meeting after work then went over to DDS to get her Dance Mom vibe on.

On Thursday, it was still raining…and there was flooding everywhere. Luke missed both football & basketball practices so that he could work at WTRE as the Easter Bunny. Abby worked at Wings & Rings then went to Trevin’s house. I had a long day of monthly EOC rounds then walked a 5K at the mall due to it still pouring. It was packed! It was by far the most people I’d seen at the mall in over a decade as the annual Women’s Health Fair was going on inside. Abby turned in her official application for Colts Cheerleader tryouts! – Good luck, Bu!! We’re pulling for you!!! Luke spent the night at Drayden’s house. Ann & I stopped by 450 N after work for a couple libations (we liked the Farmer’s Daughter draft as well as the Gnarly Grove hard berry cider) and a pizza (we ordered our favorite, the Mexican and Luke loves the buffalo chicken, so we got a half & half pie). We decided we need to have “date night” more often! It was still raining on the way home and the roads were flooded really badly, which made driving a little tricky. Here are random pictures from our recent adventures.

sis18.04.01 sis18.04.02 sis18.04.03 sis18.04.04 sis18.04.05 sis18.04.06 sis18.04.07 sis18.04.08 sis18.04.09 sis18.04.10 sis18.04.11 sis18.04.12 sis18.04.13 sis18.04.14 sis18.04.15 sis18.04.16 sis18.04.17 sis18.04.18 sis18.04.19 sis18.04.20 sis18.04.21 sis18.04.22 sis18.04.23 sis18.04.24 sis18.04.25 sis18.04.26 sis18.04.27 sis18.04.28 sis18.04.29 sis18.04.30 sis18.04.31 sis18.04.32 sis18.04.33 sis18.04.34 sis18.04.35 sis18.04.36 sis18.04.37 sis18.04.38 sis18.04.39 sis18.04.40 sis18.04.41 sis18.04.42 sis18.04.43 sis18.04.44 sis18.04.45 sis18.04.46 sis18.04.47 sis18.04.48 sis18.04.49 sis18.04.50 sis18.04.51 sis18.04.52 sis18.04.53 sis18.04.54 sis18.04.55 sis18.04.56 sis18.04.57 sis18.04.58 sis18.04.59 sis18.04.60 sis18.04.61 sis18.04.62 sis18.04.63 sis18.04.64 sis18.04.65 sis18.04.66 sis18.04.67 sis18.04.68 sis18.04.69 sis18.04.70 sis18.04.71 sis18.04.72 sis18.04.73 sis18.04.74 sis18.04.75 sis18.04.76 sis18.04.77 sis18.04.78 sis18.04.79 sis18.04.80 sis18.04.81 sis18.04.82 sis18.04.83 sis18.04.84 sis18.04.85 sis18.04.86 sis18.04.87 sis18.04.88 sis18.04.89 sis18.04.90 sis18.04.91 sis18.04.92 sis18.04.93

The kids had the day off for Good Friday. Abby worked at BWR. I walked about 6 miles after another day of EOC rounds. I noticed that I was only a quarter mile short of 20 miles this week, so I stopped at the park and did a quick lap around diamond 1 to put me over the twenty-mile threshold for the week! Luke came back from Dray’s and when Matt came home from college, they went out over to visit Gma & Gigi. Keith & Rosie were home from New York for Easter. Ann & I joined the boys at Mom & Sandy’s house, along with Dee, Jamie & Grace for a surprise birthday party for Ms. Megan. She looked really surprised! 😊 Jamie & I watched the Red’s opening game (lost 0-2) while we had dinner and then a big game of Cards Against Humanity broke out for a couple hours. I detoured a bit from my diet as Mom made her amazing homemade mac & cheese and pasta salad…and I had to try a couple helpings of each. Afterward, Matt went out with a friend for the evening and Abby went to Trevin’s after work.

We were up early on Saturday morning to get started with weekly household chores. Abby worked a double at Buffalo Wings & Rings. It was Dad B’s 70th birthday, so before she left for work, we called him and sang Happy Birthday to him. The kids talked to he & Lynn for like half an hour. I got old Betty White fired up and running with some fresh fuel and some injector cleaner, letting her run for about an hour. I was proud to see that she fired right up on the first turn after the winter’s hibernation! Luke & I ran some errands then he took us on a country cruise for like an hour. We stopped by to see Abby at work and say hi. Later, I ran over to see Mom & Sandy while Abby was over visiting during her lunch break. She & Memaw were coloring her table cloth. It was a pretty day – the rain stopped long enough for us to enjoy a little sunshine before it started raining again. Ann cooked for hours, prepping for tomorrow’s big meal as well as making Matt’s birthday meal of choice – chicken fettuccine alfredo – for dinner. Matt talked to Ms. Jessi, who’s in Paris, via Facetime while he & Luke played PS4. They played video games for a while then came in and watched the Final Four games with me. Michigan will face Villanova in the championship game on Monday night… We have lots of social media pictures to share this week.

smp18.04.00 smp18.04.01 smp18.04.02 smp18.04.03 smp18.04.04 smp18.04.05 smp18.04.06 smp18.04.07 smp18.04.08 smp18.04.09 smp18.04.10 smp18.04.11 smp18.04.12 smp18.04.13 smp18.04.14 smp18.04.15 smp18.04.16 smp18.04.17 smp18.04.18 smp18.04.19 smp18.04.20 smp18.04.21 smp18.04.22 smp18.04.23 smp18.04.24 smp18.04.25 smp18.04.26 smp18.04.27 smp18.04.28 smp18.04.29 smp18.04.30 smp18.04.31 smp18.04.32 smp18.04.33 smp18.04.34 smp18.04.35 smp18.04.36 smp18.04.37 smp18.04.38 smp18.04.39 smp18.04.40 smp18.04.41 smp18.04.42 smp18.04.43 smp18.04.44 smp18.04.45 smp18.04.46 smp18.04.47 smp18.04.48

Sunday was both Easter & April Fool’s Day – I wonder how often that happens? We broke from tradition today as it was the first time in 22 years that we haven’t had an Easter basket when the kids woke up. They still got candy, mind you – but we told them when the youngest one of them starts working as the Easter Bunny, the days of Easter baskets are over until they give us grandchildren…which better be several years from now! Ann finished making her food and then we all got ready and went to Mom & Sandy’s for Easter dinner. Abby & Grace were the only ones who couldn’t join us this year, as Abby had to work a double shift at Wings & Rings and Grace was with Chad. The boys, Ann & I joined Keith, Rosie & Megan as well as Dee & Jamie for the big annual meal. It was epic as always and everyone was stuffed afterwards. Maryann had ham, turkey, mashed potatoes, noodles, corn casserole, Ann’s cheesy potatoes cheesy broccoli and cheesy bacon brussels sprouts (they were a big hit), Jamie’s baked beans, rolls, deviled eggs, potato salad, as well as a veggie tray, her amazing iced sugar cookies, dirt pudding and even a sugar crème pie! YUM!! I was a good boy and didn’t eat any of the no-no’s today. Dave & Linda couldn’t make it this year, but Keith & I provided roadside pickup for Dave and later, Matt & I took lunch to Abby & Emily at Wings & Rings, where it was surprisingly packed. On our way back, we dropped off Barney at Jerry’s shop to get the window motor replaced (FINALLY – what’s it been…four years?) and look at the A/C as well. We broke from tradition again this year, as we did not have a Dee & Jamie Easter Egg hunt. We did have an Easter BINGO game, thanks to Gigi. Ann, Luke & I all won prizes, but Matt slept through it – too many carbs at lunch! After the game, we went back home so Ann could take a nap while Matt & I watched a movie called Altered Time. It was just OK. Matt went back to Gma’s house for a few minutes and then headed back up to school to get back to writing lesson plans for this coming week. Later, Luke & Ann also went back over to spend time with Keith & Rosie & Megan and Mom & Sandy. They played another epic game of Cards Against Humanity and ate leftovers from lunch. I stayed behind to take a nap, catch up on DVR’ed shows and then watch the Walking Dead / Talking Dead and write the blog. It was a nice, quiet way to end another busy week…

Next up is our Waybac section which continues to include the end of our latest batch of photos from our family albums at the turn of the century. We lead off in May 2002 – fun at the Sand Pebble pool and on the beach in the Gulf, then on to Walt Disney World; next we fast forward for a bunch of pix from December 2002 – Dee & Chad’s birthday party; Christmas Eve at Memaw & Gigi’s; setting out food & drinks for Santa and spreading reindeer dust in the front yard, in the snow; Christmas morning; Donuts with Santa in Columbus; Matt – minus his front tooth; Matt & Abby playing doctor on New Year’s Eve; and then the kids and I at the Hoosier Dome in Indy for Monster Jam.

Waybac.2002.05.fvasp01 Waybac.2002.05.fvasp02 Waybac.2002.05.fvasp03 Waybac.2002.05.fvasp04 Waybac.2002.05.fvasp05 Waybac.2002.05.fvasp06 Waybac.2002.05.fvasp07 Waybac.2002.05.fvasp08 Waybac.2002.05.fvwdw01 Waybac.2002.05.fvwdw02 Waybac.2002.05.fvwdw03 Waybac.2002.05.fvwdw04 Waybac.2002.05.fvwdw05 Waybac.2002.05.fvwdw06 Waybac.2002.05.fvwdw07 Waybac.2002.05.fvwdw08 Waybac.2002.05.fvwdw09 Waybac.2002.05.fvwdw10 Waybac.2002.05.fvwdw11 Waybac.2002.05.fvwdw12 Waybac.2002.05.fvwdw13 Waybac.2002.12.cdb22 Waybac.2002.12.cdb23 Waybac.2002.12.cdb24 Waybac.2002.12.cdb25 Waybac.2002.12.ce27 Waybac.2002.12.ce28 Waybac.2002.12.ce29 Waybac.2002.12.ce30 Waybac.2002.12.ce31 Waybac.2002.12.ce32 Waybac.2002.12.ce33 Waybac.2002.12.ce35 Waybac.2002.12.ce36 Waybac.2002.12.ce37 Waybac.2002.12.ce38 Waybac.2002.12.ce39 Waybac.2002.12.dws05 Waybac.2002.12.dws06 Waybac.2002.12.msf1 Waybac.2002.12.msf2 Waybac.2002.12.msf3 Waybac.2002.12.msf4 Waybac.2002.12.nyekd1 Waybac.2002.12.nyekd2 Waybac.2002.12.nyekd3 Waybac.2002.12.nyekd4 Waybac.2002.12.smybb11 Waybac.2002.12.smybb12 Waybac.2003.01.imj11

Next up is our video section which features one new home movie from this week as well as several from around the internet.

And that puts the kibosh on our 500th episode of the Scheu Family Blog. Thanks for keeping up with us this time out and we’ll catch up with you again next time. Until then, have a good one. We miss ya Mom.
Later, Scheu

Leave a Reply