…’Cause it’s Back ​to School for You

We’ve enjoyed another fast week, here in southcentral Indiana. The weather was generally pretty nice. We did have some bouts of rain but we never got as much as they had forecast…and we even got our first thunderstorm. Matt continued to teach in Zionsville. He had a couple of doctor appointments, looking to fix his aching knee and groin. Abby completed her mid-terms at Franklin. She decided to come home for Spring Break to spend time with Ms. Molly. Luke returned to school this week but not baseball practice. After being out for nearly a month, Luke did pretty well this week. He attended football workouts and spent time with his friends. He went out on his first real date and worked a couple different jobs. Ann spent a little time with friends this week and had a good week at work. Bryan & I finally had our first workout in about three weeks. It was a busy week for Bryan, so it was the only workout we were able to get in. We didn’t have Poker Night again this week but I did manage to walk over ten miles this week. Although it fell short of my goal, it was the more than I had been getting…and I got in my first couple rounds of frisbee golf. I add a couple new pieces to my music and Hot Wheels collections this week and finally got things caught up at work for the first time in since the pandemic began. Dad B had another intervention done for his A-Fib condition. Thankfully, he pulled through it and was released only a few hours after the procedure. Although I didn’t see Mom & Sandy this week, Luke went over to help them with a couple projects. In all likelihood, I’ll see them next week as the grass is getting greener and longer with each passing day. Spring has sprung! Hello again and welcome to the latest edition of the Scheu Family Blog.

It was back to work and school for us on Monday morning. It was a little chilly but it warmed nicely to seventy degrees that day. Poor Luke struggled to get up. After staying up a little too late last night to talk with a friend. Plus, you add in the fact that he hasn’t been to school in about a month and he was really dragging ass that morning. Ann & I had fast days at work. When I picked her up to go get our hair cut, she said she had been in meetings all day and hadn’t had a chance to even stop for lunch. I, on the other hand, had enjoyed a few pieces of fish that the girls in dietary made me. I spent my morning finally getting around to finishing up my 2020 books, putting them in storage for Joint Commission (due in less than a year!) and getting out my 2021 books. I couldn’t believe how much stuff I already had in just the first quarter! I took it all down to get 3-hole punched for the binders and wound up having to grab a mail tote to carry it all in. After Ms. Jami finished with our appointments, it was after 3 so we decided to go to Dairy Queen for Blizzards (I had a Oreo mint one – yum!) and call it a day. Luke had football workouts after school (he SHOULD be at baseball practice, but I digress….). It was such a lovely day, I dropped off Annie and went out to the park to play a couple rounds of frisbee golf. I was a little rusty and there was a helluva head wind on the first 4 holes. I wound up with a 3-over 30 on the front nine and a 2-over on the back. I was able to log about two miles of walking that night. Luke & Alex stopped by on their way home from working out. He got cleaned-up and drove he and Ann up to the funeral home to pay respects to Braydon’s family. His grandpa passed away recently, so Luke wanted to support him which I thought was really cool. That night, Ann made a really good Cajun rice meal with cauliflower rice, smoked sausage and leftover chicken and alfredo sauce from yesterday. There wasn’t nearly enough of it! We opened up the house for a bit until the sun went down and it got cool very fast. We had blankets and dogs to keep us warm as we watched a couple episodes of American Idol. I might have fallen asleep a couple times and since I didn’t go on to bed, I was wired and wound up staying up past midnight, working on pictures and videos for this week’s blog while watching college basketball and listening to a new band I’ve really been getting into lately called Desert of Talking Shadows. Here are pictures from Matt’s birthday party last weekend. Here are pictures from 25th birthday party last weekend.

lp21.03.04 mbd21.01 mbd21.02 mbd21.03 mbd21.04 mbd21.05 mbd21.06 mbd21.07 mbd21.08 mbd21.09 mbd21.10 mbd21.11 mbd21.12 mbd21.13 mbd21.14 mbd21.15 mbd21.16 mbd21.17 mbd21.18 mbd21.19 mbd21.20 mbd21.21 mbd21.22 mbd21.23 mbd21.24 mbd21.25

We slowly got out of bed on Tuesday. I should’ve gone to bed when I had a chance. I was yawning all day long. Ann helped up front and I had another orientation class which allowed us both to have fast mornings. The guys dragged me back to Snappy Tomato where Justin bought me a big lunch of pizza buffet. I again did not eat the crust edges (all the doughy parts). The afternoon went pretty fast for me and I got out pretty late. Still, I managed to walk about a mile and a half on a gorgeous afternoon. It was a little overcast, but the weather was great. We weren’t able to get the guys together to workout that night, so I focused on editing pictures that evening and go through about 300 of them for this week’s blog. Luke got his report card that day and he got straight A’s!! Way to go, buddy! Ann made Fireworks popcorn and cheese for dinner that night as we watched a couple shows, including a Netflix documentary called American Murder. I put on Dark afterward and Ann went to bed. Again, I should’ve gone on to bed but wound up staying up till midnight again and then forced myself to go to bed.

I had a little trouble getting out of bed on Wednesday. On a whim, I decided to check the fluids in Barney. It had a little trouble when we were in the drive thru line at DQ a couple days ago, so I wanted to make sure things were still kosher under the hood. I’m glad I did because I found the radiator and reservoir bone dry. So, we commandeered Luke’s car and had him drive Betty White to school and back. He wasn’t happy, but we had to get to work so it was an easy decision. I called Jerry and got Barney in to see him. He got Black Betty up and running that day, replacing the ignition switch and changing the oil. The guys wanted to go out for lunch again and asked me where I wanted to go. I said Culvers, jokingly. Justin said it sounded good and so we headed across town and enjoyed a cheat meal. It was yummy! When we got back, we swapped a couple copiers and did a couple IT things before calling it a day. I walked about three miles on another gorgeous, Spring afternoon. It was easily 70 degrees and sunny. Luke beat us home and he swears it’s the last time he will do that! In all the commotion this morning, we forgot to put up the gate and the dogs came into the living room. Lola peed in three spots and despite Molly having on a diaper, she had leaked shit all over the couch and floor. We thanked Luke for getting everything cleaned up and for letting us drive the Hot Rod Lincoln with dinner at El Rep. He and Ann went while I swapped cars at J&R Auto and then went on to the Sunken Boat Gym to workout with Bryan and Alan. We had a rough go of it as Bryan tried to kill us on our first day back! When I got home, Luke had just dropped Ann off and gone out to see Kam. I ate my dinner they brought home for me (3 Mexican style shrimp tacos) and called Dad B. He is having trouble with A-Fib again and will be going in for treatment tomorrow. We took it easy that evening, sleeping in the living room while watching a few DVR’d shows. Here are pictures from Bryan’s 50th birthday party last weekend.

bbdp21.01 bbdp21.02 bbdp21.03 bbdp21.04 bbdp21.05 bbdp21.06 bbdp21.07 bbdp21.08 bbdp21.09 bbdp21.10 bbdp21.11 bbdp21.12 bbdp21.13 bbdp21.14 bbdp21.15 bbdp21.16 bbdp21.17 bbdp21.18 bbdp21.19 bbdp21.20 bbdp21.21 bbdp21.22 bbdp21.23 bbdp21.24 bbdp21.25 bbdp21.26 bbdp21.27 bbdp21.28 bbdp21.29 bbdp21.30 bbdp21.31 bbdp21.32 bbdp21.33 bbdp21.34 bbdp21.35 bbdp21.36 bbdp21.37 bbdp21.38 bbdp21.39 bbdp21.40 bbdp21.41 bbdp21.42 bbdp21.43 bbdp21.44 bbdp21.45 bbdp21.46 bbdp21.47 bbdp21.48 bbdp21.49 bbep21.50 bbdp21.51 bbdp21.52 bbdp21.53 bbdp21.54 bbdp21.55 bbdp21.56 bbdp21.57 bbdp21.58 bbdp21.59 bbdp21.60 bbdp21.61 bbdp21.62 bbdp21.63 bbdp21.64 bbdp21.65 bbdp21.66 bbdp21.67 bbdp21.68

It was a little strange driving Black Betty into work on Thursday morning. We hadn’t done that since the fall of 2020. Ann and I had fast days at work. She worked up front and I finally got caught up on a few projects that have been put off ever since the cyberattack. It’s nice to finally get caught up on things, for sure. The guys didn’t like what they were serving for lunch, so we went to Chipotle. I was happy to see they had a keto option and it was really good. I did a few projects that afternoon and actually finished most of my to-do list. I have a couple things that I can do from home on Friday. It rained most of the day but I was lucky enough to get a short break that allowed me to walk about three miles around the airport and campus. They’re doing some major construction on the Ivy Tech building and they’ve just broke ground on a new building next door to the BMV. On our way out of town, Annie and I stopped by the UPS store to send back a package and then drove home. While we were getting gas, Luke & Alex stopped by to say hello after their long day of school and football workout (lifting). With the threat of severe weather that night and a high wind warning, we cancelled poker and secured stuff outside. In the front, I pulled the truck up to block the cans from moving and set the basketball goal down. In the back, we put the cushions away and moved all the patio furniture up against the house. Poor Molly didn’t know what to think since she no longer has a comfy place to sit! We didn’t work out that evening because Bryan had to work late and Alan had something going on at the high school. Luke came home to clean up briefly then went out to get his hair cut and run around with his friends for a few. He wasn’t happy that we had him come home early due to the bad weather blowing in. Molly had made quite the mess again that day. It took Ann & I about 20 minutes to get the kitchen cleaned up. I had cleaned up the living room that morning and man, we love that girl but this is getting really old… Ann made us Fireworks popcorn and cheese for dinner and we watched a few DVR’d shows, trying to enjoy the calm before the storm. Here are random pictures from our recent adventures.

sis21.03.186 sis21.03.187 sis21.03.188 sis21.03.189 sis21.03.190 sis21.03.191 sis21.03.192 sis21.03.193 sis21.03.194 sis21.03.195 sis21.03.196 sis21.03.197 sis21.03.198 sis21.03.199 sis21.03.200 sis21.03.201 sis21.03.202 sis21.03.203 sis21.03.204 sis21.03.205 sis21.03.206 sis21.03.207 sis21.03.208 sis21.03.209 sis21.03.210 sis21.03.211 sis21.03.212 sis21.03.213 sis21.03.214 sis21.03.215 sis21.03.216 sis21.03.217 sis21.03.218 sis21.03.219 sis21.03.220 sis21.03.221 sis21.03.222 sis21.03.223 sis21.03.224 sis21.03.225 sis21.03.226 sis21.03.227 sis21.03.228 sis21.03.229 sis21.03.230 sis21.03.231 sis21.03.232 sis21.03.233 sis21.03.234 sis21.03.235

We pushed snooze a few times on Friday morning in an attempt to try and catch up on as much sleep as we could. When I got out of the shower, I could smell poor Molly. She had obviously filled her diaper again. It was a little better than that, but I still spent twenty minutes getting everything cleaned up. It has become a constant thing. She is completely incontinent. The diaper she wears at all times in the house does good with the urine but does nothing for her feces. With Abby coming home for Spring Break this week, I think we need to have THE talk. ☹ Ann & I went through Dunkin on our way to drop her off at the downtown office. I made the weekly trip to Walmart afterwards then came back to the house to work from home that day. It’s truly amazing how much I get done when I don’t have the constant interruptions and distractions! I picked up Ann around noon and touched base with Abby to see what her timeline looked like. She had to finish one class before midterms were official and then had to be out of the dorms no later than 5. Ann caught a quick nap then we loaded up her scrapbook stuff into Black Betty and headed out to Burney where she met up with her friends for their monthly get together. They ordered dinner from the St. Paul Tavern. Meanwhile, I came back and finished up working about the time that Abby got home – about 6. She had to drive up to Indy to get her ID from Bri before she left for Colorado! When she got home, the dogs were sure glad to see her. We got Molly cleaned up and put her out then went to El Reparo for dinner and drinks. We sat at the bar for the first time in all these years and enjoyed a pitcher of margaritas. We saw Dee, Jamie and Gracie as they were heading out and they stopped and talked for a while. I got a call from work and when I got off, they were gone. We ran a couple errands then came home and watched a movie called Tenet with a cocktail called the Peninsular War. It went down easy and we both wound up falling asleep. Meanwhile, Luke went to school then came home to get cleaned-up and before taking his friend out to dinner in Columbus. Initially, he was hoping to take her up to the Burger Haus in Carmel (where Matt used to work), but she’s Catholic and isn’t eating meat on Fridays during Lent. He wound up taking her to Chipotle and Starbucks instead. He picked up Ann from scrapbooking that night and then went to spend the night at Kam’s house. Ann and I watched a couple DVR’d shows before she turned in and put on a “new” Dr. Who show. It is actually a story from the 1960s with the second doctor. The BBC recorded over the video but somehow the audio track and storyboards were preserved. As they have done with several episodes from this ear (It was a regular practice of the BBC at that time), they had artists set the soundtrack to animation that matches the storyboards to recreate the lost episodes. It was a three hour show and I didn’t get to bed till after 2 am… We have lots of social media pictures to share this week.

smp21.03.185 smp21.03.186 smp21.03.187 smp21.03.188 smp21.03.189 smp21.03.190 smp21.03.191 smp21.03.192 smp21.03.193 smp21.03.194 smp21.03.195 smp21.03.196 smp21.03.197 smp21.03.198 smp21.03.199 smp21.03.200 smp21.03.201 smp21.03.202 smp21.03.203 smp21.03.204 smp21.03.205 smp21.03.206 smp21.03.207 smp21.03.208 smp21.03.209 smp21.03.210 smp21.03.211 smp21.03.212 smp21.03.213 smp21.03.214 smp21.03.215 smp21.03.216 smp21.03.217 smp21.03.218 smp21.03.219 smp21.03.220 smp21.03.221 smp21.03.222 smp21.03.223 smp21.03.224 smp21.03.225 smp21.03.226 smp21.03.227 smp21.03.228 smp21.03.229 smp21.03.230 smp21.03.231 smp21.03.232

The girls were up early on a chilly but sunny Saturday morning with the dogs. We put items on the couches to keep the dogs off them (well, Molly) and it worked. She wound up sleeping in the kitchen so her messes were limited to one area and was a little easier to clean up. It still smelled like a zoo but she didn’t ruin anything. That poor thing just oozes dookie. They put the dogs outside, allowing me to sleep in, and went to St. Paul for another round of goodies from Wild Flour Bakery. Abby dropped Annie off in Burney for day two of scrapping with her gals, ran through Dunkin and then came home. Luke got home about the same time as she did and after breakfast, we all went our separate ways. Luke took the Betty White to recycle some scrap metal and work with Coach Harris. Abby hopped in Tonya and went to Milroy to see Megan. I got under a blanket and slowly woke up with some Music Choice classic rock as I wrote out html code for this week’s blog with the dogs. The big, farty dog sat with me on the couch while the little ones slept on blankets on the floor. Her smell of her flatulence is only matched by Molly’s messes at this point – she is quite foul. Although, she is great to have by you to take the blame if you cut one. 😊 I eventually got up and picked up the house before moving outdoors. We were hoping to enjoy a little patio time that evening. So, I hosed off and scrubbed the patio again (you couldn’t tell I had just done it a week ago). Once I finished, I started gathering wood for a fire and noticed I couldn’t walk two feet without stepping on a landmine. Although the lawn didn’t quite need mowed, it will most likely will need it next week, so I decided to pickup all that poop. It took me about 45 minutes and I filled one of those plastic Rural King bags (I knew a Walmart bag wouldn’t hold it!) about ¾ full. It weighed about five pounds when I was done! I checked fluids in Black Betty and went out to pickup Ann from Burney and bring all her supplies back in the house. Abby went to the store and got all the stuff for kebobs and cut/prepped everything out at Megan’s house. When Ann & I got home, we decided against grilling and the fire because not only were we tired but the wind had really picked up. Abby & Brittney came over later to drop off the meat and Brittney’s dog played in the backyard with Molly. Delilah was not happy that she couldn’t go make a new friend. She was so whiney! Luke went up to Franklin with Brayden until late. My new CD came in the mail from a new band called Desert of Talking Shadows, out of California. The guys signed it for me before they shipped it, which was really cool. Ann & I watched March Madness on the big screen while she read and I checked in my new Hot Wheels. Bryan & Angie dropped by that evening. They were in their Honda UTV with another couple. We talked for a while I invited them in but they had to go. We came inside and ate our Fireworks popcorn for dinner while watching basketball until I fell asleep and Ann took over the remote – LOL…

We enjoyed sleeping in on Sunday morning. We slowly got up and did our household chores. It was still very windy and overcast. The sun popped through a few times but it still looked like winter outside. We took it easy that day. Ann read while I put the finishing touches on the blog. Luke went into work at Hibbett’s that afternoon and was already saying he wanted to quit. To be fair, he was really sore and tired from working with Coach Harris yesterday then stayed out too late. LOL ~ he’ll learn… Abby enjoyed her Spring Break by spending the day in bed. She played online video games with Matthew for a while and enjoyed spending time with her dogs. She eventually got up, showered and went back out to Megan’s house. Ann & I watched some basketball and tried to watch the Bristol dirt race (NASCAR hasn’t raced on a dirt track since the 70s. However, with it being so wet, the drivers had two mud issues – one; they couldn’t see out the windshields and two; the mud clogged the air intake and the cars were overheating after just two laps with the trucks last night. With more rain in the forecast today, they moved the truck and Cup races to Monday afternoon. So, we decided to watch a new movie on HBO Max called Justice League. It is a special director’s cut that lasted over four hours! Ann didn’t make it to hour two before she was asleep. She woke up when Luke got home from work. It was too damn cold to grill outside and so she “made” Pizza King pizzas for dinner. 😊 The kids went and picked it up for us, since delivery was going to be well over an hour. Abs joined us to watch the last 90 minutes of the epic superhero movie. They totally set it up for a sequel. Afterward, I put on the end of the ‘Bama / UCLA game that went into OT on a long 3 at the end of regulation. But it was all Bruins in the bonus time and they went from a play-in game to the Elite Eight – gotta love an underdog! The previous two games were decided by 20 points or more with Gonzaga and Michigan moving on. In lieu of watching the last game of the day, I finished up the bog while watching the Walking Dead to wrap up the evening and put a cap on the weekend. Here are pictures of recent additions to my Hot Wheels collection.

hwc21.03.31 hwc21.03.32 hwc21.03.33 hwc21.03.34 hwc21.03.35 hwc21.03.36 hwc21.03.37 hwc21.03.38 hwc21.03.39 hwc21.03.40

Next up is our Waybac section, which continues to feature pictures from Deanna’s first digital camera in 2004. We have a good batch this week, leading off with May – Abby in the Dixon Dance Revue; June – Luke’s at his first birthday party; July – 4th of July with some great shots of Matt & Abby, Fair Parade and the Duke Tomato concert at the fairgrounds, Grace’s birthday with Princess Abby and the Indy Blues Fest with a young Joe Bonamassa (a month before he released his album Had to Cry Today!); August – we welcomed Minnie & Charlie to the family; September – Abby and friends at her fifth birthday party; October – going Trick or Treating in our Ryle neighborhood; November – Thanksgiving Day at the old Main St. home and December – our annual Christmas Eve party with Gma & Gigi.

Waybac.2004.05.ddr34 Waybac.2004.05.ddr35 Waybac.2004.05.ddr36 Waybac.2004.06.lbd47 Waybac.2004.06.lbd48 Waybac.2004.07.foj184 Waybac.2004.07.foj185 Waybac.2004.07.foj186 Waybac.2004.07.foj187 Waybac.2004.07.foj188 Waybac.2004.07.foj189 Waybac.2004.07.foj190 Waybac.2004.07.fp85 Waybac.2004.07.fp86 Waybac.2004.07.gbd76 Waybac.2004.07.gbd77 Waybac.2004.07.gbd78 Waybac.2004.07.ibf24 Waybac.2004.07.ibf25 Waybac.2004.07.ibf26 Waybac.2004.07.ibf27 Waybac.2004.08.mmc83 Waybac.2004.08.mmc84 Waybac.2004.08.mmc85 Waybac.2004.09.abd48 Waybac.2004.09.abd49 Waybac.2004.10.tot10 Waybac.2004.11.td36 Waybac.2004.22.td36 Waybac.2004.12.ce43 Waybac.2004.12.ce44 lp21.03.04

We wrap things up with our video segment, which features one new home movie from this week as well as several from around the internet.

And that does it for this week’s entry into the Scheu Family Blog. Thanks for keeping up with us this time out and we’ll catch up with you again next time. Until then, have a good one and stay safe out there. We miss ya, Momma.
Later, Scheu

Leave a Reply