And if You Go Chasing Rabbits…

Happy Easter, everyone. We are so thankful that we finally get to see the lamb’s side of March, though we weren’t sure at the start of the week. Graciously, it finally warmed up here recently and made for a nice holiday weekend. The kids enjoyed the final week of Spring Break. Matt and Abby had doctor appointments that were favorable. Matt, in particular, has now started his long rehabilitation road that will last him several grueling months to get him back and ready for this fall’s football season. Abby helped out Gigi again for Easter promotions around town. Abby and her dance troop at Dixon Studios here in town, along with Ann and the other dance moms made the final preparations as they geared up towards the competitions coming up this next month. We continued to enjoy the lull in our schedule again this week with only Bu doing part time track practice and her 2 dance practices. It was nice to spend quality time at home with the family. With Matt having to sleep on the recliners in the living room, it has been nice getting to know him again (he usually hides in the playroom, molting on the sleeper couch). And Luke is so ready for baseball to start that he can taste it. We will probably get out and play catch a little bit if it will finally get and stay warm…
We woke up to a big snow storm on Monday morning that would eventually dump about 6-8” on us as it would snow all Sunday afternoon, all Sunday night, all day on Monday, all night on Monday and in to Tuesday! Abby’s track was cancelled – as were many things around the state. We had popcorn after I got done on the treadmill. There was no way I was going outside to walk in that snow! The diet and exercise is starting to work. After losing the initial 10 pounds while sick, I have since lost another 6 and hope to chip a couple pounds away each week on my way to dropping 20 before vacation and 30, total, for the year as I make my way to my end goal of losing a total of 50 pounds. The Boilermakers played again in their little tourney. They lost to finally put an end to the season. Sadly, this game was also not televised, so I listened to it on my laptop. Later in the week, IU would also end its season this week. I had to sleep on the couch as Ann had done last week due to some nasty sinus drainage. Every time I would lie flat, I would start coughing, so I slept propped up on the couch and slept like crap. I don’t know how Matt has done this for 3 straight weeks!
As I said, it was STILL snowing on Tuesday. It snowed for about 32 straight hours! I thought we were done with this stuff… We dropped the truck off at Acra’s to get new tires. Turns out it needs tie rods too, so it will be an in-town vehicle until we get that done. Matt drove the kids over to Columbus and met up with Ann. We were all going to go out to lunch, but I simply couldn’t get away. I missed out on Carino’s (bummer) for lunch. Matt took Luke back home while Ann went with Abby to have a follow-up x-ray of her sinuses (headaches) at CRH. Afterwards, Bu hung out with Ann at work until it was time to come home. It finally stopped snowing at some point in the late morning. I’d say we got about 6 inches, though by mid-afternoon it was up above 40 and most of the snow melted nearly as fast as it came. Matt and I walked to the station to pick up the Crossfire and then he took me to pick up the truck. Poor Annie was wiped out and fell asleep on the couch shortly after we got home. We have a few new Facebook pictures to share this week, including one of Abby, Emily, Brian & Angie, the State basketball trophy, Danica in her Team Hot Wheels gear, Columbian Park, Phyllis & Dick’s granddaughter and Abby’s good friend Emma with Bryant at the State championship game, Abby & Gigi with the WTRE crew, and my lovely Scheu cousins.

ed13.23 fbp13.3.100 fbp13.3.101 fbp13.3.102 fbp13.3.103 fbp13.3.104 fbp13.3.105 fbp13.3.106 fbp13.3.107 fbp13.3.108 fbp13.3.109 fbp13.3.110

Although the skies threatened to open up all afternoon, we actually managed to make it through a day with no precipitation for once. It was actually sunny in the morning and got up in to the 40s again. Heat wave!! Abby returned to track practice after taking a few days off to rest her body. That evening she had dance practice as well. Ann made a big batch of dirty rice while I exercised. I actually walked a mile and half…but didn’t get anywhere. I actually like walking on the treadmill as I can watch a movie on the laptop with my headphones on and I’m in my own little world. :0)
We had frost on the cars in the morning, but it became a gorgeous day with lots of sun and temps in the 50s…now that’s more like spring. I’m glad March is going out like a lamb. I actually rode home with the window down! Ann racked up the frequent flier miles today as she took Abby in to work and then on to the doctor in the late morning. Abby had her X-rays read and although the news was good, Dr. Stephanie still wants her to be proactive and take some meds as a preventative measure each night. She brought Bu home and then in the afternoon took Matt to his first physical therapy session. By the time I got home, she was pooped and asleep on the couch. I hopped on the treadmill and am now up to walking a mile and a half! Before long, I was alone in the house as Luke stayed the night with Alex, the girls went to dance class and Matt went out with his buddies.

adco13.1 adco13.2 adco13.3 adco13.4

Abby got up early with Ann & I and went to work herself. She helped Sandy and the WTRE crew by playing the Easter Bunny for marketing purposes by making guest appearances around town while Sandy did remote broadcasts. I thought she made a cute bunny – I especially got a kick out of the picture of her in the shower. Matt went back to the doctor on a gorgeous Good Friday afternoon. He is finally out of his sling and happy to be so! He obviously has limited mobility and is still on a light duty / weight restriction for lifting things. Ann called in dinner at Wings & Rings and I picked it up on my way home. By the time I got done exercising, it was my turn to crash early on the couch. I went back to bed but couldn’t stay there all night due to coughing/ runny nose / snoring and ended up back on the playroom couch again. Matt was able to sleep in his own bed finally and it good to see him with both arms in his letter jacket.

aeb13.2 aeb13.4 aeb13.1 aeb13.3 aeb13.5 mso13.1

The girls were up fairly early and out of the house, going shopping up north all day. Abby was thrilled to be able to back the car out of the driveway and park it on the street. They had a great day of shopping, trying on clothes and helping find stuff for the Easter Bunny, including new bat bag for the two younger kiddos. That left the boys home alone all day. We did our weekly chores around the house, ran a couple errands around town and changed a headlight in the Crossfire. Matt went and picked up both lunch (Taco Bell) and dinner (Adamo’s Pizzaria). Ann picked up Easter stuff for the kids and then when they went to bed, helped the Easter Bunny to fill and hide their Easter baskets.

aest13.1 aest13.2 aest13.3 aest13.4 aest13.5

The kids actually slept in for us on Easter morning. Ann I were shocked to wake up around 9 and find the kids were still in their rooms (Luke slept in Abby’s room, as they do many times during holidays for whatever reason). I think it is the older ones making sure that Luke stays put and doesn’t get up in the middle of the night and go snooping! Luke was really surprised by his huge new bat bag with the wheels (something he asked about all last summer). Luke found everyone’s basket this year again. The Bunny did a great job of hiding his own though. It took him quite a while to find it and was getting a little teary-eyed and frustrated so we had to start giving hints before he finally found it and joined us in the living room. The kids ate their candy for breakfast and kept warm on the cool morning. I think it was cooler because we had the heat off and had opened up the house a little yesterday. We eventually got ready and met up with the rest of the family at lunch time over at Maryann & Sandy’s house. Despite it threatening to rain early in the day, by the time we got over to Mom’s house, it was gorgeous. She had the whole family over, except Keith, Rosie & Megan could not make it back from NY this year. However, our five were there, Dee/Jamie/Grace were there, Linda/Dave were there, as were Ally/Shawn/Adele/Becky (her first since Kenny’s death). We ate and ate as always. Maryann went all out and had ham, turkey, mashed potatoes, noodles, homemade mac & cheese, dressing, deviled eggs, corn casserole, broccoli salad, baked beans, pasta salad, 3-layer salad, rolls, pumpkin pie, rice krispie cake, dirt pudding, lots of sodas and of course candy, candy, candy!! Dee & Jamie had their annual egg hunt. The kids had over 30 eggs apiece this year! Afterwards we watched the basketball game to halftime until we came home and took naps during the 2nd half. After the game, Matt & Abby drove over and got leftovers and brought back to our house for dinner. Having a kid that drives has its perks! ;0) Abby & Luke loved their new bat bags and had fun getting their old ones cleaned out and getting their new ones all ready for the coming season, which should be starting any day now…

ed13.1 ed13.2 ed13.3 ed13.4 ed13.5 ed13.6 ed13.7 ed13.8 ed13.9 ed13.10 ed13.11 ed13.12 ed13.13 ed13.14 ed13.15 ed13.16 ed13.17 ed13.18 ed13.19 ed13.20 ed13.21 ed13.22 ed13.23 ed13.24 ed13.25 ed13.26 ed13.27 ed13.28 ed13.29 ed13.30 ed13.31 ed13.32 ed13.33 ed13.34 ed13.35 ed13.36 ed13.37 ed13.38 ed13.39 ed13.40 ed13.41 ed13.42 ed13.43 ed13.44 ed13.45 ed13.46 ed13.47 ed13.48 ed13.49 ed13.50 ed13.51 ed13.52 ed13.53 ed13.54 ed13.55 ed13.56 ed13.57 ed13.58 ed13.59 ed13.60 ed13.61 ed13.62 ed13.63 ed13.64 ed13.65 ed13.66 ed13.67 ed13.68 ed13.69 ed13.70 ed13.71 ed13.72 ed13.73 ed13.74 ed13.75 ed13.76 ed13.77 ed13.78 ed13.79 ed13.80 ed13.81 ed13.82 ed13.83 ed13.84 ed13.85 ed13.86 ed13.87 ed13.88 ed13.89 ed13.90 ed13.91 ed13.92 ed13.93 ed13.94 ed31.95 ed13.96 ed13.97 ed13.98 ed13.99 ed13.100 ed13.101 ed13.102 ed13.103 ed13.104 ed13.105 ed13.106 ed13.107 ed13.108 ed13.109 ed13.110 ed13.111 ed13.112 ed13.113 ed13.114 ed13.115 ed13.116 ed13.117 ed13.118 ed13.119 ed13.120 ed13.121 ed13.122 ed13.123 ed13.124

Next up is our video section. We have a couple new family videos to share plus several from around the net.

For our Shit that Luke Says, when Luke was riding home last Saturday night from the big game, he rode with Jacob and Drew with Chad & Jean, and I guess he wouldn’t shut-up, dishing out the dirt – except it was a steaming pile of you know what – he told silly stories like the tires on the truck were going to cost over a grand and that Ann drinks bottles of cough syrup every night. What a storyteller…
And finally, we have our Waybac section. Again, we have a very wide range of pictures to share. We start off with Peg & DoDo, circa 1949; Mom at home in May of ’50; Grandpaw Brown in August of 1950; and then we have our showcase picture. At first, I didn’t recognize everyone but the closer I looked the more I saw. This is easily one of my favorite finds in this huge batch of pictures – with classic pictures from December of 1950 of Grandpaw Brown (Bob), Uncle Timmie, Grandmaw Brown (Connie), Mom (Sandy), Aunt Dorothy, Peggy, Aunt Marilou and Great Grandma Brown (Mary) – wow!!! Not that anything could follow that amazing picture, but next are three more pictures from about 1950, including Mom on a tree stump (likely out at her Grandpa & Grandma Morgan’s farm), a young family picture of Aunt Dorothy and Uncle Timmie with Peggy & DoDo Debby; and a picture that I think is of Mom & Peggy. Next we have several from Grandpaw Brown’s policeman scrapbook, including a shot of his division, circa 1952; an article about a new ambulance in 1954; a picture of him in the paper (look towards the back of the room) in ’57 and two articles from ’57 that mention him. Then we take a big leap forward to my school picture out in California at James Madison Elementary in Temple City in the fall of 1980; Aunt Lou at Christmas over at Grandmaw & Grandpaw’s house; Dad getting drill bits for Christmas in December of 1980 in Cali; Homie & Trudi’s wedding picture in December of ’81; Robby at Grandmaw & Grandpaw’s house – notice the old, rotary phone on the desk behind him?; Robby opening a birthday present in October of ’81 (must be on Kenwood) in LaPorte; Rob on Easter morning (a fitting picture), finding his basket at Grandmaw & Grandpaw’s house in April of ’82; Mom with her boys out in front of the Elmwood Ave street where she grew up in Lafayette during the hot summer in July of ’82; Dad putting together Rob’s birthday present in October of ’82 (this is on Kenwood St) in LaPorte and then Rob enjoying the fruits of his labor with me looking on in our living room; then (he’s going to kill me for this one) there’s this one of Rob – I think he must’ve done and Incredible Hulk or Hulk Hogan with his pants and that look on his face at Halloween time in October of 1982 in LP; Grandpaw with Santa in LP in our living room on Rockwood St in LP in December of 1982; and then Robby’s kindergarten picture at about 6 years of age at Riley Elementary in LP in the fall of 1985. And then we fast forward one more time to the next century with Ms. Ann on Christmas morning in our living room in 2006; Week 19 at the Sand Pebble – the view from the beach – in May of 2007; Rob and Dad during a visit to Tennessee in August of 2007; and finally a couple more shots of Bu at her cheerleading performance, during halftime of a varsity football game in September of 2007. What a great batch of picture – and it will be like this for the rest of the year!! I wish Mom could’ve seen these again…

Waybac.1949.padt Waybac.1950.05.ssb1 Waybac.1950.08.gpb1 Waybac.1950.12.gmgpb1 Waybac.1950.12.gmgpb2 Waybac.1950.12.gmgpb3 Waybac.1950.12.gmgpb4 Waybac.1950.12.gmgpb5 Waybac.1950.12.gmgpb6 Waybac.1950.12.gmgpb7 Waybac.1950.12.gmgpb8 Waybac.1950.ssbots1 Waybac.1950.Timms Waybac.1950.up1 Waybac.1952.gpbpp1 Waybac.1952.gpbpp2 Waybac.1954.01.02.gpbin1 Waybac.1954.01.02.gpbin2 Waybac.1957.01.02.gpbin1 Waybac.1957.01.31.gbpin1 Waybac.1957.04.20.gbpin1 Waybac.1980.09.tspic1 Waybac.1980.12.cil Waybac.1980.12.cilp1 Waybac.1981.02.14.htww1 Waybac.1981.04.19.ragagh1 Waybac.1981.10.25.trbdp2 Waybac.1982.04.eil1 Waybac.1982.07.18.vtgagh1 Waybac.1982.10.31.trbdp1 Waybac.1982.10.31.trbdp2 Waybac.1982.10.rhilp1 Waybac.1982.12.cilp1 Waybac.1985.09.rkp6yo Waybac.2006.12.25.cdig3 Waybac.2007.05.18.wn4 Waybac.2007.08.31.madvras2 Waybac.2007.09.14.acahs3 Waybac.2007.09.14.acahs4

Sadly, that brings us to the end of this week’s episode of the Scheu Family Blog. We want to thank you for keeping up with us this time out and we’ll catch up with you next time. Until then, have a good one. We miss ya, Mom. Happy Easter, everyone!!
Later, Scheu

Leave a Reply