I’m Free to do What I Want any Old Time

Because March has come in like a lamb, I hate to see what the end of the month is gonna bring us… We enjoyed generally warmer weather this week which brought about the farmers starting to work in the fields. With all the sunshine and all the rain, the grass starting to green-up – even ours…except that mud bog around the back porch. Luke was released from quarantine and it was just in time for Spring Break. So, with the taste of freedom fresh on his lips, he ran around with his buddies all week – we hardly saw him! Abby focused hard on school, doing a full week of classes as well as spending time with her sorority sisters. Her accounting professor pulled her aside and asked her why she wasn’t an accounting major because she is so good at it with her lovely, analytical mind. She enjoyed some down time by going home with Gary for the weekend but came back to campus early for some girl time. Matt had another long week of teaching school, made longer due to the wrestling season being over now. Sure, he has more free time in the evenings but there was something therapeutic for him being around his athletes that helped balance all the behaviors he deals with in his Special Ed classroom. Ann spent a little time with her friends and family outside of her normal work week. As for me, I only made it to the gym once with Bryan out of town this week. As for my walking, I fell short of my exercise goal, logging 11 miles this week – better; but I still need to do more as I’ve been so tired this week…most likely due to my consistently high BG numbers. Still, it was a good week balancing quiet time inside with the dogs as well as some outdoor time as well. The state lowered the age minimum for the COVID shot to 50 this week, so things are progressing nicely here in Indiana. Ann and I can testify that it worked for us – we were definitely exposed to it by Luke and made it through unscathed, thankfully… so there is light at the end of this pandemic tunnel finally! Hello again and welcome back to the Scheu Family Blog.

It was back to work for Ann & I while Luke began Spring Break on Monday. He was released from quarantine that day, for which he was eternally grateful. He spent the day out and about. He and Brayden got a new tire on the Hot Rod Lincoln to start the day. Afterward, they came over to Columbus. They were a little late to join the guys and I for lunch at Snappy Tomato but wound up there just the same. That afternoon, they built and installed a new gaming desk in his room. As we got home that evening, he was just leaving to go detail his car. He had it washed at Crew while he was in Columbus earlier. He spent a couple hours on it, over at the car wash, working on the inside of that car. That night, he waited for everyone to get off work then a group of them went to the YMCA to workout until late. Meanwhile, Abby had her first accounting test. She felt pretty good about it but couldn’t talk long with me as she had a long sorority meeting that night. Matt returned to school to teach at Z-West. He will miss wrestling season. I wonder if he’ll try to do any freestyle wrestling with his kids… I had a fast morning, catching up from the long weekend. After lunch, I worked on reports. Late that afternoon, the management team met with our boss’ new boss, who came for his first visit to our facility. I got out of that meeting a little late but still managed to walk about two and a half miles outside, around the airport property that afternoon. It was sunny and warm. In fact, it was the first time I walked all year without my sweatshirt. I picked up Annie and headed home. She said her day went really fast, attending meetings and helping up front in addition to her normal duties. We picked up meds at the CVS and came home to relax with the dogs. She made us Fireworks popcorn and cheese that evening for dinner as we watched several DVR’d shows like Last Week Tonight, 911, 911 Lone Star as well as the new show called Debris. I worked on collecting pictures and editing videos for this week’s blog. We put together a flash drive to give to Matt next weekend that contains about 8gb of hundreds of pictures as well as a few videos that we took this past weekend of his team at their year-end tourney. We thought he might like to share it with his boys. The dogs were worn out from their day. We think Luke may have let them stay out several hours that day. I’m sure they loved it. They need to enjoy it the next couple days as I hear bad weather is returning at the end of the week… Here are pictures from Matt’s wrestling tourney last weekend.

lp21.03.02 mct21.00 mct21.01 mct21.02 mct21.03 mct21.04 mct21.05 mct21.06 mct21.07 mct21.08 mct21.09 mct21.10 mct21.11 mct21.12 mct21.13 mct21.14 mct21.15 mct21.16 mct21.17 mct21.18 mct21.19 mct21.20 mct21.21 mct21.22 mct21.23 mct21.24 mct21.25 mct21.26 mct21.27 mct21.28 mct21.29 mct21.30 mct21.31 mct21.32 mct21.33 mct21.34 mct21.35 mct21.36 mct21.37 mct21.38 mct21.39 mct21.40 mct21.41 mct21.42 mct21.43 mct21.44 mct21.45 mct21.46 mct21.47 mct21.48 mct21.49 mct21.50 mct21.51 mct21.52 mct21.53 mct21.54 mct21.55 mct21.56 mct21.57 mct21.58 mct21.59 mct21.60 mct21.61 mct21.62 mct21.63 mct21.64 mct21.65 mct21.66 mct21.67 mct21.68 mct21.69 mct21.70

It was noticeably warmer when I started the van on Tuesday morning. Luke enjoyed sleeping in for day two of Spring Break. He enjoyed being out of quarantine by going to Greenwood with Brayden to do some clothes shopping. Ann and I had long, tiring days at work. I walked three miles around campus that night. It was gorgeous outdoors with lots of sun but a cool, steady breeze. We stopped by the store on our way home and Ann made us quiche for dinner. Bryan came over to pick up something for Angie and he looked really tan! He should since he just got back from Mexico. The dogs enjoyed spending the day outside…but it showed with Delilah’s paws FULL of mudballs again. She went straight to the shower when she came inside that evening. I got her cleaned-up and then Lukey cleaned the tub for us. We watched Name that Tune while we waited for the dinner to bake. I skipped lunch today to try and do a little fasting after a big breakfast. By the time dinner was ready, my stomach was growling and I demolished that quiche! Matt was excited to get his first COVID shot that day.

Wednesday was a gorgeous day. It was the warmest day we’d seen in several months with lots of sunshine. After a fast morning, the boys and I decided to go out for lunch and as we did Ann & Luke had the same idea so we all met up at Camilla’s. I had the Mexican style tacos with shrimp – yum! Luke was in town to get his bandage removed from his ear by the plastic surgeon. It turned out really good and he swears he’s learned his lesson. After an equally fast afternoon, I walked a 5K on a lovely afternoon that topped out right around 70°! I picked up Ann and we headed home afterward. I picked up Luke as Ann changed and we dropped her off at BWR where she had a night out with her girlfriends. Meanwhile, Luke & I went out to the Sunken Boat Gym to workout. While there, I benched 205 – the highest I’d ever done…even in high school! To celebrate, Luke & I went to ElRep for dinner where I had the same meal I had at lunch (tacos with corn tortillas, grilled shrimp, onion and cilantro – yum!) and it was equally delicious! Luke drove us home after I had a big margarita (thanks buddy!). I had plans to work on editing pix for the blog but instead, I watched a show with Ann (she promptly fell asleep) and I followed suit after putting on the new South Park episode. What I saw of it was great… LOL… Here are random pictures from our recent adventures.

sis21.03.64 sis21.03.65 sis21.03.66 sis21.03.67 sis21.03.68 sis21.03.69 sis21.03.70 sis21.03.71 sis21.03.72 sis21.03.73 sis21.03.74 sis21.03.75 sis21.03.76 sis21.03.77 sis21.03.78 sis21.03.79 sis21.03.80 sis21.03.81 sis21.03.82 sis21.03.83 sis21.03.84 sis21.03.85 sis21.03.86 sis21.03.87 sis21.03.88 sis21.03.89 sis21.03.90 sis21.03.91 sis21.03.92 sis21.03.93 sis21.03.94 sis21.03.95 sis21.03.96 sis21.03.97 sis21.03.98 sis21.03.99 sis21.03.100 sis21.03.101 sis21.03.102 sis21.03.103 sis21.03.104 sis21.03.105 sis21.03.106 sis21.03.107 sis21.03.108 sis21.03.109 sis21.03.110 sis21.03.111 sis21.03.112 sis21.03.113 sis21.03.114 sis21.03.115 sis21.03.116 sis21.03.117 sis21.03.118 sis21.03.119 sis21.03.120 sis21.03.121 sis21.03.122 sis21.03.123 sis21.03.124 sis21.03.125 sis21.03.126 sis21.03.127 sis21.03.128 sis21.03.129 sis21.03.130 sis21.03.131 sis21.03.132 sis21.03.133 sis21.03.134 sis21.03.135 sis21.03.136 sis21.03.137 sis21.03.138 sis21.03.139 sis21.03.140 sis21.03.141 sis21.03.142 sis21.03.143 sis21.03.144 sis21.03.145

When we drove into work on Thursday morning, it was already raining. As it turned out, it would rain all stinkin’ day. I had a busy morning at work then Justin said he wanted to go to Best Buy to get his daughter a birthday present. We stopped at Five Guys for a quick burger then went shopping. I tried to work on my annual report that afternoon, but instead found myself working on little projects that took up my whole day. When I came out of work, it was surprisingly warm and dry. I probably should’ve gone to the mall to walk but I thought I would press my luck and walk outdoors under the ominous skies. Besides, I was late getting out so I wouldn’t have had much time to walk in the mall. I set out on my route and did fine. It sprinkled a little here and there but it was all good…until about the last half mile….when the thunder started rumbling and the skies opened up – I got absolutely drenched! My clothes and shoes were soaked. It was pouring when I picked up Ann and headed home. It was a big test for the Barneymobile’s new belt & pulley system that Dr. Jerry installed on it last month. It easily dropped an inch of precip during our commute. With all the rain, mud puddles and standing water, I was sure we would throw the belt and get stuck on the side of the road again. But it ran like a beast and we made it home safely. I was a drippy mess when I came in the house and had to wash my clothes and try to dry out my shoes with newspapers when we got home. I was hoping to go work out at the Sunken Boat Gym to see Bryan before he went south again…and then go on to card night with the boys. However, one by one, most of the guys backed out of Poker Night and I lost my motivation to go back out in that brutal rain. My feet were cold and pruney and I was ready to get under a blanket on the couch and get warm. So, we cancelled everything and I got in my comfy clothes, watched a movie called Law Abiding Citizen and enjoyed a find-your-own dinner. Luke and Oak invited me to go work out with them at the Y, but I was over it by that point and just took it easy the rest of the night… We have lots of social media pictures to share this week.

smp21.03.46 smp21.03.47 smp21.03.48 smp21.03.49 smp21.03.50 smp21.03.51 smp21.03.52 smp21.03.53 smp21.03.54 smp21.03.55 smp21.03.56 smp21.03.57 smp21.03.58 smp21.03.59 smp21.03.60 smp21.03.61 smp21.03.62 smp21.03.63 smp21.03.64 smp21.03.65 smp21.03.66 smp21.03.67 smp21.03.68 smp21.03.69 smp21.03.70 smp21.03.71 smp21.03.72 smp21.03.73 smp21.03.74 smp21.03.75 smp21.03.76 smp21.03.77 smp21.03.78 smp21.03.79 smp21.03.80 smp21.03.81 smp21.03.82 smp21.03.83 smp21.03.84 smp21.03.85 smp21.03.86 smp21.03.87 smp21.03.88 smp21.03.89 smp21.03.90 smp21.03.91 smp21.03.92 smp21.03.93 smp21.03.94 smp21.03.95 smp21.03.96 smp21.03.97 smp21.03.98 smp21.03.99 smp21.03.100 smp21.03.101 smp21.03.102 smp21.03.103 smp21.03.104 smp21.03.105 smp21.03.106 smp21.03.107 smp21.03.108 smp21.03.109 smp21.03.110 smp21.03.111 smp21.03.112 smp21.03.113 smp21.03.114 smp21.03.115 smp21.03.116 smp21.03.117 smp21.03.118 smp21.03.119 smp21.03.120 smp21.03.121 smp21.03.122 smp21.03.123 smp21.03.124 smp21.03.125 smp21.03.126 smp21.03.127 smp21.03.128 smp21.03.129

I was up early with Lola on Friday morning. She had crapped on the floor and peed on both piddle pads, so why she was yapping is beyond me. I got ready and let Ann sleep in a little more. Eventually, we went to Dunkin and got breakfast for us and the boys (Oak had stayed the night with Luke) then I dropped Annie off at her downtown office and came home to work from the family room that day. I worked on a special project for my corporate guy. However, the spreadsheet he sent had broken functions. So, first I had to figure out why it didn’t work then figure out how to fix it. It took me about an hour, but I eventually got it working. The work itself took me several hours. I stopped briefly to pick up Ann. But when I came home and resumed working, my computer locked-up…so we decided to go to lunch when the boys got back. They had been out running around town. Turns out, they had already eaten with Coach Harris. He wants them to come help him work on a house he is renovating. Luke needs to borrow my yard tools and truck – all of which are still winterized and will need to be made ready for him. Ann & I wound up going out for lunch at Los Charros Mexican Bar & Grill. It just opened a week or two ago, so we thought we’d give it a go. Ann laughed that she felt like we were cheating on our El Reparo – LOL! It was just OK – not nearly as good as ElRep. They didn’t even have their liquor license yet, so no margarita (strike two). The topper was their homemade hot sauce wasn’t hot or very good tasting. Although the staff were great and the place was nice, Ann and I both agreed that we will likely not return. I went back to work and didn’t stop until sometime after 6 pm that night – it was already dark by the time I put my laptop away. Ann got in a good nap while I worked. Afterward, we watched the Purdue Big Ten tourney game vs. Ohio State, which had actually been played earlier that day. They came out so flat that it was miraculous that they fought all the way back to tie it and force OT. I thought for sure they would dominate in OT, but it was just the opposite…they couldn’t do much at all and would up losing (it’s so hard to beat a team three times in one year). Just like that, both Purdue and IU were out of the tourney being held in their backyard. During the day, Luke had Oakley and Grayson over to play video games in his room. Towards the end of the game, they came out and watched the last few seconds of regulation and OT with me. I was bummed afterwards and wound up falling asleep early while watching Oak Island. I slept on and off for a while then decided to just give it up and turn in early. Here are pictures of recent additions to my Hot Wheels collection.

hwc21.03.11 hwc21.03.12 hwc21.03.13 hwc21.03.14 hwc21.03.15 hwc21.03.16 hwc21.03.17 hwc21.03.18 hwc21.03.19 hwc21.03.20

I was up early with Lola again, who came scratching at our door early on Saturday morning. I put the dogs out and finished up working on pictures for this week’s blog entry. A couple hours later, Delilah and I woke up Ann by getting in bed with her so that we could go get our goodies at Wildflour Bakery in St. Paul. She eventually got up and we made our way through the country to get those delicious pastries. We stopped by to see Mom & Sandy afterwards to drop off their goodies along with a special surprise. We had fun catching up with them but had to cut it short and brought breakfast home to the boys (Oak & Gray apparently spent the night last night!). We enjoyed our food and watched a couple episodes of the weekly Law & Order marathon. I wound up taking a fat nap for an hour or so then woke up and got to work. First, I removed the rug from the back porch and scrubbed the patio clean from all of Molly’s accidents over the winter. I then got the yard tools out, cleaned them and fired them up. Once I had them running, I focused on the truck. I had to run to Walmart to get supplies, including food for Luke, stuff for Ann and some fluids for the truck. Since it is still not going to be warm enough to put water in the radiator, I had to pick up some more antifreeze for Luke to use next week. I also picked up a couple bottles of the Lucas Oil transmission stop leak (since Betty White pissed it all out onto the driveway over the winter). I also aired up the tire and took her for a test drive around town. She ran well and should be fine for Lukey next week. I got done just in time to run Ann out to the Sunken Boat Bar to meet up with her friends for a while. It was really just a ruse to get Kristy Lowe out of the house so her kids could set up a surprise party for her birthday. I came home and watched the newest episodes of Ancient Aliens and South Park – which were both great. I put on the Xfinity race and fell asleep with the dogs as I wrote out the html code for this week’s blog entry. My phone woke me up later – it was Ann saying she was ready to be picked up. I was a little discombobulated and forgot to get cleaned-up and just went out there, still dressed in my grubbies, to pick her up. I went in and had a drink and some pizza with the gang then came on home while Ann and Angie went out to the Lowe’s. I could’ve gotten cleaned-up and gone over to celebrate with our friends but I was worn out from the day and just stayed home with the pooches and napped while watching the NASCAR race. Meanwhile, the boys went home and Luke went to work at Hibbett’s that afternoon. He worked until late then came home and pretty much went straight to his room. When Ann got home, she woke me up and we talked and then we watched a couple shows before calling it a night.

With the advent of daylight savings time overnight, we lost an hour while we slept and wound up sleeping after 9 on Sunday morning. We haven’t slept that long in several weeks. Although it never rained, it was blah and gross pretty much all day. Molly’s diapers do a great job of catching he urine but not her poo. I had to clean off the couch again that morning. We adjusted the clocks (although most of them auto adjust nowadays) and did our weekly household chores. Luke got up and went out running around with his buddies for the day. He enjoyed wrapping up the first week of Spring Break and still has another week before he returns to school. I hope his teachers remember him by the time he returns to classes! He wound up in Indy for a while and then played basketball at Oakley’s house after dark and spent the night with Ethan. Ann read and I watched what was left on the DVR that morning like The Simpsons, Family Guy and Live at Daryl’s house. Sandy came over to visit for a few minutes after she got done at the station. That afternoon, we watched the new Eddie Murphy movie ‘Coming 2 America.’ It was OK – it had its moments. I like Eddie Murphy but this was a little cheesy. I blame it on COVID… The day flew by and in the late afternoon, I put on the NASCAR race and finished up this week’s blog entry. Ann made cheesy Fireworks popcorn for dinner and we tried to watch American Idol but our cable kept screwing up and so we turned it off and watched The Walking Dead and Talking Dead to wind down the weekend. It was a relaxing day and a refreshing way to wrap up another week, here at the Scheu abode…

Next up is our Waybac section, which continues to feature a collection from Deanna’s first digital camera during 2004. We lead off in May – Abby in her first Dixon Dance Revue; June – Luke’s first birthday party; July – 4th of July parade, lunch and swimming, the Fair Parade and final night at the county fair, Grace’s birthday and Sandy’s birthday; August – we meet Minnie & Charlie; September – Abby’s birthday party and piñata injury; November – Thanksgiving Day; and December – Christmas Eve at Mom & Sandy’s house.

Waybac.2004.05.ddr33 Waybac.2004.06.lbd43 Waybac.2004.06.lbd44 Waybac.2004.07.foj167 Waybac.2004.07.foj168 Waybac.2004.07.foj169 Waybac.2004.07.foj170 Waybac.2004.07.foj171 Waybac.2004.07.foj172 Waybac.2004.07.foj173 Waybac.2004.07.foj174 Waybac.2004.07.fp77 Waybac.2004.07.fp78 Waybac.2004.07.fp79 Waybac.2004.07.gbd69 Waybac.2004.07.gbd70 Waybac.2004.07.gbd71 Waybac.2004.07.gbd72 Waybac.2004.07.gbd73 Waybac.2004.07.sbd21 Waybac.2004.08.mmc73 Waybac.2004.08.mmc74 Waybac.2004.08.mmc75 Waybac.2004.08.mmc76 Waybac.2004.08.mmc77 Waybac.2004.08.mmc78 Waybac.2004.09.abd43 Waybac.2004.09.abd44 Waybac.2004.09.abd45 Waybac.2004.11.td32 Waybac.2004.11.td33 Waybac.2004.12.ce39 Waybac.2004.12.ce40 lp21.03.02

We wrap up with our video segment, which features one new home movie this week as well as several from around the internet.

And that does it for this week’s episode of the Scheu Family Blog. Thanks for keeping up with us this time out and we’ll catch up with you again next time. Until then, have a good one and stay safe out there. We miss ya, Mom.
Later, Scheu

Leave a Reply