Come Inside, the Show’s about to Start…

We enjoyed a great week of late summer fun here at the Scheu house. We made three trips up to Indy for shows. Luke had one of his only weeks off from sports this year and enjoyed spending time with friends. Same could be said of Abby, who ran with her friends like it was summer vacation or something. Matt had a fun week too, as his summer vacation also winds down. It was brutally hot and humid most of the week but thankfully the rain held off until the last day of the week.
The overnight showers from Sunday lessened the humidity on Monday. It was back to work for me after five days off. Because our census is still low at work, I plan to take another couple days off this week. Matt was back to work for another sweaty day of working at the tent place and later worked out with his friends. Abby & Luke slept in and then did a good job of cleaning up the house. Ann got the kids registered for school after we got home from work while I jumped on the treadmill.
Tuesday was a fast one at work for us. We had the Pacifica back in the shop for yet another A/C repair. In its place, we got to drive the Hot Rod Lincoln! Abby battled through some overnight Pirateers drama and made it back to practice with the girls that evening. I mowed the front yard after finally repairing the throttle cable that kept shutting the motor off to the Snapper (Luke’s machine). Afterwards Luke & I pitched in the back lot. Ann picked up the Pacifica and had Shawna over for porch time and made homemade strawberry margaritas with Patron ~ yum! We have several new social media pictures to share this week. We lead off with Luke and the Titans from last week’s tourney – their final of the year; Abby in the Duck uniform at the fair; Barn, Lynz & spouses; Tammy with fruit; Nate & Steph’s oldest at camp; Paul won another baseball championship with his boys; a thank you from the Reds; new Hot Wheels playset; Bu at the fair with friends; Bu with the Pirateers; Emily & daughter; Seth on his honeymoon; Haley landed a new job; Aunt Sharon looking great; Nat’s daughter is growing up; more Bu; an oldie of Ally and her boys; another oldie – this time of Lindsay; Jeff’s last Brickyard; lots of Calvin & Hobbes panels; Barney’s wife & boys; and our little West Highland, Lola.

mxr15.4 smp15.07.128 smp15.07.129 smp15.07.130 smp15.07.131 smp15.07.132 smp15.07.133 smp15.07.134 smp15.07.135 smp15.07.136 smp15.07.137 smp15.07.138 smp15.07.139 smp15.07.140 smp15.07.141 smp15.07.142 smp15.07.143 smp15.07.144 smp15.07.145 smp15.07.146 smp15.07.147 smp15.07.148 smp15.07.149 smp15.07.150 smp15.07.151 smp15.07.152 smp15.07.153 smp15.07.154 smp15.07.155 smp15.07.156 smp15.07.157 smp15.07.158 smp15.07.159 smp15.07.160 smp15.07.161 smp15.07.162 smp15.07.163 smp15.07.164 smp15.07.165 smp15.07.166 smp15.07.167 smp15.07.168 smp15.07.169 smp15.07.170 smp15.07.171 smp15.07.172 smp15.07.173 smp15.07.174 smp15.07.175 smp15.07.176

I enjoyed the day off on Wednesday while Ann & Matt went on to work. Abby had a lunch date with Noah and his mom. Luke & I rode bikes to Memaw’s house and back. Luke went on to Alex’s house to play afterward while I showered and fell asleep on the couch. Megan came over to hang-out with Abby for awhile and later, Matt had his boys over to hang out for the night after they worked out. Abby went out on a date with Noah. They came home early and sat and talked with Ann & I for a couple hours. About the same time, Megan came back and ended up spending the night with us. We had a pretty busy, noisy house for awhile but I think Ann and I enjoyed it – knowing that nights like these won’t be around for long. Meanwhile, Keith, Rosie & Megan came home and stayed at Mom & Sandy’s for a couple days.
Although I was planning to take off Thursday, there was just too much going on. So I went in to move furniture and attend meetings. It was hot today bringing in the new patient furniture as the boys built it, but at least the humidity was down a bit. Still, by the time Ann picked me up I was really sweaty and stinky…but the day flew by. Abby did not have Pirateers practice for some reason so she met with teammates at El Reparo for a late lunch/early dinner. After work, we all met up at Gma’s house for dinner and to see Keith and family. We ended up ordering Pizza King and hung out for a few hours – even Danny came over for a little while. Matt had Devin over to to the house to hang-out for the night or as I call them, Earl & Randy (Matt is currently binge-watching My Name is Earl). After we got home, Luke got all his stuff packed up for his big camping trip with Drew this weekend. As promised, we have a few photos from the big Scheu family wedding up in Indy last weekend of Seth & Hannah. I don’t see any of Dad & Barb; I wonder if they were able to make it? I am still holding out for more pictures and will share them here when available…

ldbr15.1 karv15.1 karv15.2 karv15.3 karv15.4 karv15.5 karv15.6 shwd15.1 shwd15.2 shwd15.3 shwd15.4 shwd15.5 shwd15.6 shwd15.7 shwd15.8 shwd15.9 shwd15.10 shwd15.11 shwd15.12 shwd15.13 shwd15.14 shwd15.15 shwd15.16 shwd15.17 shwd15.18 shwd15.19 shwd15.20 shwd15.21

Friday saw another day off for me but Ann & Matt returned to work on a sweltering hot day. Abby helped with freshman orientation at the high school as a part of Student Council. Luke & I mowed the backyard before he went camping with Drew and his grandma somewhere near Connersville for the weekend. He was so excited. We had a dinner party for Gigi’s birthday at Mom & Sandy’s with Keith, Rosie & Megan; Dee, Jamie & Grace; Amy & Bailey; Ann, Matt, Bu & I. It was a houseful! Maryann made a great spaghetti & meatballs meal as well as all kinds of other food. We later sang a death-march version of the birthday song for Sandy, had cake, opened presents and watched Terminator on Gigi’s big screen. It was amazing and looked completely different – like a soap opera or the quality of a Doctor Who episode.

gb15.1 gb15.2 gb15.3 gb15.4 gb15.5 gb15.6 gb15.7 gb15.8 gb15.9 gb15.10 gb15.11 gb15.12 gb15.13 gb15.14 gb15.15 gb15.16 gb15.17 gb15.18 gb15.19 gb15.20 gb15.21 gb15.22 gb15.23 gb15.24 gb15.25 gb15.26 gb15.27 gb15.28 gb15.29 gb15.30 gb15.31 gb15.32 gb15.33 gb15.34 lcc15.1

Ann & Bu were up early and out the door to Columbus for work. I was also up early, dealing with a power outage at work at 5 am that Duke finally resolved after 2 pm. Thankfully our Cummins generator worked like a champ and my guys Phil & Scott were awesome today – thanks boys! Later Bu went with Kama to the Luke Bryan concert at Deer Creek. She had a great time and now has the concert bug. I’m glad to see she enjoys live music as much as I do. Meanwhile Lukey was still enjoying his camping trip with Drew, out of town. He has apparently met a young lady named (oddly enough) Abby that he really likes. Matt & I road-tripped up to Indy for the Xfinity Series NASCAR race at IMS. It was his first time to the track since he was little – a trip he has no memory of. I can’t wait until I come across those pictures in our photo album. We parked in the infield and started at the Fan Zone, hitting a bunch of booths and “merch” trucks. After spending an hour or more in that area, we next headed down to Pit Road to see all the drivers, cars and pit crews. After that, we needed some cool down time, so we grabbed a couple of beverages and found a cool place under the pagoda to chill. Then we went under the track to to the other side of the track to sit under by the start/finish line, in the shadow of the pagoda. We had great seats that were high enough to catch a breeze and were also shaded. From there, we watched the Cup boys qualify for the Brickyard 400 on Sunday. We were glad to be out of the blazing sun for a while. We enjoyed another couple of beverages up there and when Carl Edwards had edged out Tony Stewart for the pole (Jeff will roll off 19), we headed downstairs for a quick bite to eat. Eventually we headed back out to turn 3, where we parked, to watch Kyle Busch dominate the Xfinity race (titled the Lilly Diabetes 250). We had an awesome view of the cars entering turn 3, moving through the short shoot and exiting turn 4. But it was so unbelievably hot that we started melting in to our lawn chairs and eventually ended up leaving early with like 50 laps to go. Turns out we didn’t miss anything and Busch ended up winning. But I think Matt caught the race bug; he really seemed to enjoy the experience…or maybe he just got the Brickyard bug. That IMS is a special place and I love going there every chance I get and have ever since I was a kid.

mxr15.0 mxr15.1 mxr15.2 mxr15.3 mxr15.4 mxr15.5 mxr15.6 mxr15.7 mxr15.8 mxr15.9 mxr15.10 mxr15.11 mxr15.12 mxr15.13 mxr15.14 mxr15.15 mxr15.16 mxr15.17 mxr15.18 mxr15.19 mxr15.19a mxr15.19b mxr15.20 mxr15.21 mxr15.22 mxr15.23 mxr15.24 mxr15.25 mxr15.26 mxr15.27 mxr15.28 mxr15.29 mxr15.30 mxr15.31 mxr15.32 mxr15.33 mxr15.34 mxr15.35 mxr15.36 mxr15.37 mxr15.38 mxr15.39 mxr15.40 mxr15.41 mxr15.42 mxr15.43 mxr15.44 mxr15.45 mxr15.46 mxr15.47 mxr15.48 mxr15.49 mxr15.50 mxr15.51 mxr15.52 albc15.1 albc15.2 albc15.3 albc15.4 albc15.5 albc15.6 albc15.7 albc15.8 albc15.9 albc15.10 albc15.11 albc15.12

We finally got a chance to sleep in on Sunday…only to find that I had missed 10 calls that morning (phone was on silent). After all the power issues yesterday, we woke up to find our phone system down. What next?! Thankfully, our team rose to the occasion and got us back up and running later that morning. It was another sweltering armpit of a day but I managed to stay inside. We spent the day doing our weekly household chores, enjoying a huge lunch and dinner from Ann and watching the Brickyard 400. Abby went out to brunch with her friend Shelby to the new restaurant in town, Blueberry Hill. Luke enjoyed his last day of camping with Drew. That evening it was Matt’s turn to attend a concert up at Deer Creek. He saw J. Cole (headliner), Big Sean and YG & Jeremih. I am not familiar with those bands nor do I know any of the songs they sing. We just told him he was not allowed to get shot or stabbed. He promised it was not that kind of music. :0) It was a quiet, rainy afternoon as Ann & I watched the race on the couch – Luke was gone camping, Matt had left for the concert and Abby was out running around with Noah for much of the day. Even the dogs were crashed out on the couches with us…a foreshadowing of our days to come six years from now perhaps? There was no storybook ending for Jeff as he was wrecked early and in the garage before they were even halfway through the race. It continued to rain and eventually storm and as I write this, poor Matt is seeking shelter from the severe weather and the concert is delayed. I hope for his sake that they get it in tonight…he was really excited to go…
Next up is our Waybac section, which continues to feature our early family photo albums. We lead off with Matt first few days of life in Columbus with his Uncle Robby & Mommy in March of ’96; then Matt at 6 months old in our townhouse in October ’96; then to Grandma & Gigi’s house for Easter in April ’97 with Gigi & Aunt Dee; next Matt at our 1st Greensburg house in November ’97; Matt & I mowing the yard on Main St. in April ’98 around Easter; and finally Matt and Maddie in their first kiss at the Drew’s in Brown County in October ’98.

Waybac.1996.03.mch11 Waybac.1996.03.mch12 Waybac.1996.03.mch13 Waybac.1996.03.mch14 Waybac.1996.10.mfh10 Waybac.1996.10.mfh11 Waybac.1996.10.mfh8 Waybac.1996.10.mfh9 Waybac.1997.04.mse1 Waybac.1997.04.mse2 Waybac.1997.04.mse3 Waybac.1997.04.mse4 Waybac.1997.11.moms1 Waybac.1997.11.moms2 Waybac.1997.11.moms3 Waybac.1997.11.moms4 Waybac.1998.04.mte1 Waybac.1998.04.mte2 Waybac.1998.04.mte3 Waybac.1998.04.mte4 Waybac.1998.10.mbhc5 Waybac.1998.10.mbhc6 Waybac.1998.10.mbhc7 Waybac.1998.10.mbhc8

For the Shit that Luke Says, there were many this week…but my favorite one was late on Saturday night in a text to Ann. It simply read, “I had my first kiss. Drew was my coach. Tell Daddy!” She responded that Dad was proud. He replied, “So am I!” :0)
And we end this installment as always with our video segment, which features one new family movie and several from around the internet this week.

And that does it for this week’s episode of the Scheu Family Blog. Thanks again for keeping up with us this time out and we’ll catch up with you again next time. Until then, have a good one. We miss ya, Mom.
Later, Scheu

Leave a Reply