Some Dance to Remember…

It was an interesting week. We dealt with our share of health issues with friends and family. Luke was busy with two sports. Abby focused her time between school, dance and friends…enjoying the freedom that a car and license brings. Matt stayed at school all week as he nears the end of his sophomore year at U Indy. Gas prices continued to rise up after being sub-two dollars for a couple months. The weather was warmer but we had to dodge the rain. And Luke had some junior high drama as a couple of pranks went too far… Hello again and welcome back to the Scheu Family Blog.
Ann had the week off to recuperate and was the only one to sleep in on Monday morning…much to the chagrin of the rest of us. It was thankfully a fast day for me as we kicked off another big project at work. It was nice to get out and walk the People Trail after work. Luke had track practice after school. Abby attended jazz class that night at Dixon – the girls found out that they missed a platinum award last weekend by only two points!  Later, we got takeout from BW&R for dinner.
Abby was in early for Student Council on Tuesday and then was out late to her Academic meet in Batesville. Luke had ISTEP testing but then did not travel with the track team down to Sunman, which was actually good since it allowed us to attend a much-needed baseball practice. I was able to get back on the People Trail after work and then grabbed Chili’s takeout for dinner. Ann had a good day as she continues to heal-up, but it’s her knee that is giving her the most trouble right now.
Wednesday was a long day for me as we continued our new phone system install and stayed to cutover all the extensions in the facility. I got home well after dark. Abby drove the old truck to school and then on to work at DDS. Luke again had ISTEP testing and then track practice before heading on to baseball again. A big thank you goes out to Bryan & Angie for their taxi service! Luke’s new bats came in but we just aren’t for sure if they are legal for his current league, even though I specified that we didn’t want big barrel bats. I emailed the league to ask their opinion and also asked Baker (also an umpire, here in town) to check them out as well, so we’ll see how it goes… Here are the pictures of last weekend’s dance competition in Cincinnati…

adcc16.149 adcc16.01 adcc16.02 adcc16.03 adcc16.04 adcc16.05 adcc16.06 adcc16.07 adcc16.08 adcc16.09 adcc16.10 adcc16.11 adcc16.12 adcc16.13 adcc16.14 adcc16.15 adcc16.16 adcc16.17 adcc16.18 adcc16.19 adcc16.20 adcc16.21 adcc16.23 adcc16.24 adcc16.25 adcc16.26 adcc16.27 adcc16.28 adcc16.29 adcc16.30 adcc16.31 adcc16.32 adcc16.33 adcc16.34 adcc16.35 adcc16.36 adcc16.37 adcc16.38 adcc16.39 adcc16.40 adcc16.41 adcc16.42 adcc16.43 adcc16.44 adcc16.45 adcc16.46 adcc16.47 adcc16.48 adcc16.49 adcc16.50 adcc16.51 adcc16.52 adcc16.53 adcc16.54 adcc16.55 adcc16.56 adcc16.57 adcc16.58 adcc16.59 adcc16.60 adcc16.61 adcc16.62 adcc16.63 adcc16.64 adcc16.65 adcc16.66 adcc16.67 adcc16.68 adcc16.69 adcc16.70 adcc16.71 adcc16.72 adcc16.73 adcc16.74 adcc16.75 adcc16.76 adcc16.77 adcc16.78 adcc16.79 adcc16.80 adcc16.81 adcc16.82 adcc16.83 adcc16.84 adcc16.85 adcc16.86 adcc16.87 adcc16.88 adcc16.89 adcc16.90 adcc16.91 adcc16.92 adcc16.93 adcc16.94 adcc16.95 adcc16.96 adcc16.97 adcc16.98 adcc16.99 adcc16.100 adcc16.101 adcc16.102 adcc16.103 adcc16.104 adcc16.105 adcc16.106 adcc16.107 adcc16.108 adcc16.109 adcc16.110 adcc16.111 adcc16.112 adcc16.113 adcc16.114 adcc16.115 adcc16.116 adcc16.117 adcc16.118 adcc16.119 adcc16.120 adcc16.121 adcc16.122 adcc16.123 adcc16.124 adcc16.125 adcc16.126 adcc16.127 adcc16.128 adcc16.129 adcc16.130 adcc16.131 adcc16.132 adcc16.133 adcc16.134 adcc16.135 adcc16.136 adcc16.137 adcc16.138 adcc16.139 adcc16.140 adcc16.141 adcc16.142 adcc16.143 adcc16.144 adcc16.145 adcc16.146 adcc16.147 adcc16.148 adcc16.149 adcc16.150 adcc16.151 adcc16.152 adcc16.153 adcc16.154 adcc16.155 adcc16.156 adcc16.157 adcc16.158 adcc16.159 adcc16.160 adcc16.161 adcc16.162 adcc16.163 adcc16.164 adcc16.165 adcc16.166 adcc16.167 adcc16.168 adcc16.169 adcc16.170 adcc16.171 adcc16.172 adcc16.173 adcc16.174 adcc16.175 adcc16.176 adcc16.177 adcc16.178 adcc16.179 adcc16.180 adcc16.181 adcc16.182 adcc16.183

Thursday was a rainy day. Maryann took Ann to a follow-up ENT appointment in Columbus where I met up with them – and the news was positive…so far, so good! Abby hung out with friends after school then picked up Ann and went to tap class at Dixon. The girls were all glad to see her! Poor Luke…his track meet was again cancelled due to rain…so that’s four straight meets and still hasn’t competed yet. He had his final ISTEP test…possibly the last one ever for him. They are apparently phasing-out this standardized test. It worked our well that there was no track since I had to work late anyhow, as we wrapped up the phone system project. They did a great job of completing everything in less than a week. I picked up Jimmy Johns takeout for dinner (see Bryan, we really do support you, man!). I experienced a little chest pain yesterday and today so I broke down and made a cardiologist appointment finally. I was supposed to see them back in December, I think…so I’m just a few weeks late…and we were saddened to hear that Prince passed away.
Abby was in early to school for Jr. Optimist club on Friday morning and then ran with her friends all afternoon and night. Luke’s track practice was inside due to the storms that came through all day. It stopped long enough for me to get back on the People Trail after work. Memaw brought us over dinner that was delicious – roast beef, mashed potatoes and slaw…yum! Sadly, we heard that Phyllis had a heart attack and was taken up to Indy for treatment. Thankfully she is doing well and resting comfortably. Hopefully she will be home next week. We love you and wish you well, Ms. Phyllis! And Ann & I had to do some serious parenting that night…man, I hate parenting sometimes…it’s so much easier when it’s someone else’s kid, ya know…? And I began working on creating DVD for the dance studio that would take me all weekend to complete.

lsa16.01 lsa16.02 sis16.04.72 sis16.04.73 sis16.04.74 sis16.04.75 sis16.04.77 sis16.04.78 sis16.04.79 sis16.04.80 sis16.04.81 sis16.04.82

We were up early on Saturday morning. It was a beautiful day to be alive. Abby took Kama to Baker & Damon’s baseball games and we didn’t see her again until late that night. Luke & I had baseball practice then road-tripped up to Greenwood for a Hot Wheels event at Toys R Us and then went across the street to Shallo’s for lunch. I believe that was Luke’s first time back since we were asked to leave for him laughing too loud back when he was just an infant. We did a little more HW hunting on the way back home, making a few stops along the way. We then went to the YMCA for Luke to take some extra batting practice while I hit the walking track. We came home and mowed the lawn, got cleaned up and got ice cream. The pineapple whip guy is back in the Harvest parking lot again this year! Ann went out to eat with Amy and then to see Bailey and her prom date get ready for their big night and pose for pictures. She really wanted to go out to North to watch them walk in with Ames but her knees just wouldn’t let her. Meanwhile, Dee & Jamie borrowed Betty White to go pick up a new washer and came over to visit afterwards. Angie brought over lasagna which was very sweet – you know you’re special when Angie actually cooks for you! Thx Ang!! I also channeled my inner Mario Brother by clearing the two drains in the bathroom…one of the perils of having two lovely ladies with a full head of long hair. :0) We have some great social media pictures to share this week: three beauties; scenes from last weekend’s ShowStopper competition in Cincy; Matt with friends at the U Indy football game last weekend; Uncle Bob getting the pool ready; Aunt Karen & grandchild; more ShowStopper pix; Jake & kids; Rosie out and about; Angie’s oldest daughter in Cali; The Drakes w/ Patsy; Junior; some great t-shirt ideas for my wife; Shawna’s oldest got engaged in Chi-Town; Victor at Pro Lawn did a great job with our front flower beds at work; congrats again to Abby’s friend/teacher at Dixon, Kuyhlia, for reaching for her dreams and becoming a Colts Cheerleader; Metallica played a great set on Record Store Day (too bad I didn’t make it over to Karma last weekend); and the music world lost two talented artists this week as Prince and Lonnie Mack both passed away.

smp16.04.95 smp16.04.96 smp16.04.97 smp16.04.98 smp16.04.99 smp16.04.100 smp16.04.101 smp16.04.102 smp16.04.103 smp16.04.104 smp16.04.105 smp16.04.106 smp16.04.107 smp16.04.108 smp16.04.109 smp16.04.110 smp16.04.111 smp16.04.112 smp16.04.113 smp16.04.114 smp16.04.115 smp16.04.116 smp16.04.117 smp16.04.118 smp16.04.119 smp16.04.120 smp16.04.121 smp16.04.122 smp16.04.123 smp16.04.124 smp16.04.125 smp16.04.126 smp16.04.127 smp16.04.128 smp16.04.129 smp16.04.130 smp16.04.131

We finally got to sleep in on Sunday morning…what a fabulous morning to lie in bed! We slowly got up and got to our weekly household chores. Ann baked and served Angie’s lasagna w/ garlic bread and salad. It was delicious! Abby had her Pirateers co-captain (and our neighbor), Mary, over for lunch and then they worked on Pirateers dance stuff for camp all afternoon. Ann baked some yummy goodies (Three Musketeers Rice Krispie treats) and we watched the NASCAR races, caught up on our DVR’ed shows, napped and relaxed on the couch while making DVDs from all the judges’ critique videos for Laurie, the owner/operator of Dixon Dance Studios. Although it took all weekend to complete the project, it was truly a labor of love… Luke was grounded so he worked on cleaning and rearranging his room and closet. Abby took Mary home, then ran with friends the rest of the day before coming home later with Britney and Cody for Homework Club.
Next up is our Waybac section which continues to feature pictures from our early photo albums from the late nineties. Leading off this week, we go up to Rossville at Mom & Dad’s Dream House for Matt’s baby shower – pix of Ann, Aunt Sharon (Morgan), Dad, Vicky, Mom, Wendy & Bethany in May ’96; then to Lafayette for the annual Scheu Family Reunion / Xmas at Uncle John’s Lingle Ave home in December ’96 with Jason, Erica, Granny, Lindsay, Cindy, Steph, Hayley, Matt & Dad; then to our 1st Greensburg home with Matt in the dining room in July ’97; then same place but in the living room in December ’97 with Mom O, Gigi, Dee, Matt and Chad; then Ann & Matt out at the Greensburg swimming pool (notice the original configuration of the bath house) in June ’98; and a wonderful picture of simpler time – my family in December 1998 – those sure were happy times…

Waybac.1996.05.rbs6 Waybac.1996.05.rbs7 Waybac.1996.05.rbs8 Waybac.1996.05.rbs9 Waybac.1996.12.sfc11 Waybac.1996.12.sfc12 Waybac.1996.12.sfc13 Waybac.1996.12.sfc14 Waybac.1997.07.mcp2 Waybac.1997.07.mcp3 Waybac.1997.07.mcp4 Waybac.1997.07.mcp1 Waybac.1997.12.gc1 Waybac.1997.12.gc2 Waybac.1997.12.gc3 Waybac.1997.12.gc4 Waybac.1998.06.pt1 Waybac.1998.06.pt2 Waybac.1998.06.pt3 Waybac.1998.06.pt4 Waybac.1998.12.fcp1 Waybac.1998.12.fcp2

Last but not least is our video section which includes one new family home movie and a few from around the internet.

And that does it for another episode of the Scheu Family Blog. Thanks again for keeping up with us this time out and we’ll catch up with you again next time. Until then, have a good one. We miss ya Mom…
Later, Scheu

Leave a Reply