I’ve got Soul, huh, and I’m Super

We had a very fast week here at the Scheu Abode. It was much cooler and the groundhog said we should expect more of the same, but what does he know? Matt came home from school to work for the weekend. Abby had a rough week but spent a lot of time dancing to get her mind off things. Luke enjoyed a rare week of being in between sports and enjoyed his well-deserved downtime. Ann’s knees seem to be getting worse and even though she finally saw the allergist, we are no closer to understanding what happened to her at the end of last year. I felt good, hitting the exercise routine pretty good and actually eating a little better this week. We finally learned that our big survey will be next week, which we will be glad to finally get over with, once and for all. But the big news of the week was that of the final week of football for the year, culminating of course with the Super Bowl.
It was a cold Monday with some snow showers that ended about the time we left for work and school. Abby went to Pirateers class after school then went to technique class at Dixon before having Randall over to “help” with homework. Luke had Drew over after work and then later rearranged his room. I walked two miles in a cold wind. Ann made a big bowl of chili for dinner that we munched on several times this week. Sadly, John Wetton (best known as the bassist in Asia & King Crimson) passed away.
Tuesday was warmer but there was still a strong, sustained wind. Abby had Big Brothers / Big Sisters at lunch again. I don’t know think she appreciates how important she is to this young boy. I can still remember my Big Brother back in Lafayette when I was in the program. We’re very proud of her. After school she worked at Wings & Rings until late. Luke had Drew over again after school then went to play basketball at the YMCA. Here are some random pictures from this week.

aplb17.119 sis17.02.01 sis17.02.02 sis17.02.03 sis17.02.04 sis17.02.05 sis17.02.06 sis17.02.07 sis17.02.08 sis17.02.09

We had a decent day in the mid-forties on Wednesday. Ann finally got in to the allergist to see what went wrong during her failed surgery attempt. Unfortunately he didn’t have everything he needed to do all the testing she needs so she had to schedule follow-ups. Perhaps we’ll know something more definitive in another month. That night she went out with friends for dinner. After work, I walked three miles. Luke enjoyed a rare night off. Abby worked at DDS then stayed to attend jazz class and had Mary over for awhile afterwards.
We had an even colder day on Groundhog Day. It stayed right around the freezing mark. Phil saw his shadow so he says we are in for another six weeks of winter. I walked about a mile before Ann picked me early while I was out walking. She had to meet up with captains Abby & Mary to help oversee Pirateers that night due to their coach being unavailable. Randall came over and went to game with Luke & I. Luke and his junior high team were introduced at halftime of the JV game. Abby and the Pirateers performed their pre-game routine before the varsity game, presented the colors during the National Anthem and then performed two routines at halftime. It was a busy night. Mom & Sandy joined us as well. I want to give a shout out to Gigi and Randall for help with pictures and videos that night. It was good to see the girls finally get back out there. For whatever reason, they only have two dances this entire month, so I think this was their second-to-last dance of the year. It’s hard to believe, but Abby only has one more dance remaining of her junior year! Randall came over for dinner afterwards and hung out until late, telling us about his adventures in Indy yesterday where he signed up for the Navy and hopes to secure with the Seals! Good luck, young man! We know you will go far…

aplb17.01 aplb17.02 aplb17.03 aplb17.04 aplb17.05 aplb17.06 aplb17.07 aplb17.08 aplb17.09 aplb17.10 aplb17.11 aplb17.12 aplb17.13 aplb17.14 aplb17.15 aplb17.16 aplb17.17 aplb17.18 aplb17.19 aplb17.20 aplb17.21 aplb17.22 aplb17.23 aplb17.24 aplb17.25 aplb17.26 aplb17.27 aplb17.28 aplb17.29 aplb17.30 aplb17.31 aplb17.32 aplb17.33 aplb17.34 aplb17.35 aplb17.36 aplb17.37 aplb17.38 aplb17.39 aplb17.40 aplb17.41 aplb17.42 aplb17.43 aplb17.44 aplb17.45 aplb17.46 aplb17.47 aplb17.48 aplb17.49 aplb17.50 aplb17.51 aplb17.52 aplb17.53 aplb17.54 aplb17.55 aplb17.56 aplb17.57 aplb17.58 aplb17.59 aplb17.60 aplb17.61 aplb17.62 aplb17.63 aplb17.64 aplb17.65 aplb17.66 aplb17.67 aplb17.68 aplb17.69 aplb17.70 aplb17.71 aplb17.72 aplb17.73 aplb17.74 aplb17.75 aplb17.76 aplb17.77 aplb17.78 aplb17.79 aplb17.80 aplb17.81 aplb17.82 aplb17.83 aplb17.84 aplb17.85 aplb17.86 aplb17.87 aplb17.88 aplb17.89 aplb17.90 aplb17.91 aplb17.92 aplb17.93 aplb17.94 aplb17.95 aplb17.96 aplb17.97 aplb17.98 aplb17.99 aplb17.100 aplb17.101 aplb17.102 aplb17.103 aplb17.104 aplb17.105 aplb17.106 aplb17.107 aplb17.108 aplb17.109 aplb17.110 aplb17.111 aplb17.112 aplb17.113 aplb17.114 aplb17.115 aplb17.116 aplb17.117 aplb17.118 aplb17.119 aplb17.120 aplb17.121 aplb17.122 aplb17.123 aplb17.124 aplb17.125 aplb17.126 aplb17.127 aplb17.128 aplb17.129 aplb17.130 aplb17.131 aplb17.132 aplb17.133 aplb17.134 aplb17.135 aplb17.136 aplb17.137 aplb17.138 aplb17.139 aplb17.140 aplb17.141 aplb17.142 aplb17.143 aplb17.144 aplb17.145 aplb17.146 aplb17.147 aplb17.148 aplb17.149 aplb17.150 aplb17.151 aplb17.152 aplb17.153 aplb17.154 aplb17.155 aplb17.156 aplb17.157

Abby had trouble getting up on Friday morning, still complaining of a sick headache. She slept in and went to half day of school so we ran Luke to school. It was a fast day for both of us but after this long week, we left early to start the weekend. It was a much colder day that stayed below the freezing mark the whole day. Luke & I played basketball at the YMCA for a couple hours. Man, I could barely walk afterwards! Matt came back from school early that morning and worked 1st shift at Aspen Place. He looks amazing. He’s lost even more weight and is not down to a lean 180 pounds. We are very proud of him and how hard Megan came over to hang out with Bu, but she had left home and went out to Randall’s house. When she got home, Ann took Bu, Matt & Megan out to process the evening’s events and grab dinner. When Luke & I went to the YMCA to play basketball, he really went out there so he could hang out with Maggie and their friends. Granted, we played a pretty intensive game for a long while, but he eventually dropped out towards the end to go play with his buddies over by the girls. I tried to have him tag me out so I could take a break, but he wasn’t having any of it. At one point, I got faked out so badly, I turned an ankle and all I could do was lie there and smile in pain while Luke & his buddies all got a good laugh at my expense. By the time I got home and crawled to the shower, I was already sore. I stayed back from dinner at El Rep with the heating pad and some Alleve, waiting on Luke. He had stayed behind at the Y and caught a ride home with Brenden so he could spend more time with Ms. Maggie. Abby and Megan played Watch Ya Mouth with Britney and Matt after dinner while I fell asleep on the couch.
I got up early on Saturday morning while the others slept in. Luke & I ran a couple errands and I did our taxes as well as Matt’s & Abby’s. It took me several hours but is so much easier to do nowadays than it was when I first started doing my own taxes 25 years ago. I’ve done my own ever since. The older kids couldn’t care less but Luke was very interested in how it all worked, which doesn’t surprise me. Matt worked at Aspen Place and then went out to dinner with his work buddies. Abby slept in then went out for breakfast with friends before going to work at BWR until late. Luke had Drew over to spend the night. They went out and played in the woods, having an airsoft “battle.” Ann made Firecracker Chicken that was really spicy. I thought the boys were going to cry at one point, but they survived. It was good to hear them laugh and laugh as they hung out that night. Ann & I enjoyed a quiet night of movies, watching both of the Horrible Bosses comedies, then the Snowden drama, The Gunman action flick, Deep Water Horizon thriller and once Ann went to bed, Matt & I stayed up until like 330 watching a pretty good horror / suspense movie called Don’t Breathe. Abby and Randall stayed out until late, trying to figure out their complicated lives. Late that night, I tried to post this blog entry a day early but noticed that the entire site was down. I tried everything I could think of but ended up having to open up a trouble ticket with Yahoo’s helpdesk. Hopefully their customer service will get us back up and running soon… We have lots of new social media pictures to share this week: Abby & Annie; Bu & friends; Molly; Cathy, Nick & Connor; Bryan & Angie; Pat & Penny; lots of Cowboys made the Pro Bowl this year; John Wetton died; Jeff Gordon & his team won their division of the 24 Hours of Daytona race; a few memes; some cool t-shirts; a Hot Wheels sign I need; Purdue faced Greensburg-alum Bryant McIntosh & Northwestern this week; Abby is attending audition training for the Colts Cheerleaders(!); more miscellaneous stuff; Dad at Disney; Rosie had a birthday this week; Linz and Walt and the Colts’ outstanding (best in the league?) punter and kicker, Pat McAfee, announced his retirement this week.

smp17.02.01 smp17.02.02 smp17.02.03 smp17.02.04 smp17.02.05 smp17.02.06 smp17.02.07 smp17.02.08 smp17.02.09 smp17.02.10 smp17.02.11 smp17.02.12 smp17.02.13 smp17.02.14 smp17.02.15 smp17.02.16 smp17.02.17 smp17.02.18 smp17.02.19 smp17.02.20 smp17.02.21 smp17.02.22 smp17.02.23 smp17.02.24 smp17.02.25 smp17.02.26 smp17.02.27 smp17.02.28 smp17.02.29 smp17.02.30 smp17.02.31 smp17.02.32 smp17.02.33 smp17.02.34 smp17.02.35 smp17.02.36 smp17.02.37 smp17.02.38 smp17.02.39 smp17.02.40 smp17.02.41 smp17.02.42 smp17.02.43 smp17.02.44 smp17.02.45 smp17.02.46 smp17.02.47 smp17.02.48 smp17.02.49 smp17.02.50 smp17.02.51

We enjoyed sleeping in on Sunday morning. We slowly got up and got to our weekly household chores on another gorgeous day. I think it got up in to the 50s. Abby went in to work 1st shift at BWR. Matt had the day off. Mom & Sandy came over to visit for a little while before Matt headed back up to school to watch the big game with his buddies. Ann made white chocolate muffins for breakfast – yum! Later she made firecracker chicken pasta that was also delicious. Luke & Drew slept in then got suited up and went to the woods to have another air soft war. In fact they went out three times and had a blast doing it. That evening we went over to Bryan & Angie’s house to watch the big game. Super Bowl LI saw the Falcons face those evil Patriots. I think everyone wanted to see Atlanta win. I was just hoping for a good game, but would love it if Brady went down in dramatic fashion – like a broken leg (ala Joe Theismann getting hit by Lawrence Taylor)! Abby & Randall joined us after getting off work. It was a hell of a game but in the end, New England won again. We had a great time with a few friends and enjoyed the game – and the commercials – thoroughly, but were obviously disappointed in the outcome…
Next up is our Waybac section which continues to feature our second six photo albums of our young family. We lead off this week with the family at Mom & Sandy’s house on Christmas Eve in Ryle Addition in December 1998; then we go to our house on Main St for New Year’s in January 1999; next we head down to Orlando for Breakfast with Pooh at the Wilderness Lodge in May 1999; then we go to Indy for a trip to the Zoo in June 1999; Morgan family reunion outside of Lafayette in September 1999; meeting Santa at WTRE in December 1999; Ann’s office baby shower in March 2000; Matt’s birthday party at the Main St house in March 2000; Abby & Gma at the Y in June 2000; then up to Rossville to visit Mom & Dad in June 2000; fireworks at Mom & Sandy’s house on the 4th of July in 2000; Abby’s birthday party at Main St in September 2000; out to the pumpkin patch outside Westport in October 2000; Christmas morning on Main St in December 2000; and Matt & Abby playing in the Main St home in February 2001.

Waybac.1998.12.ceira01 Waybac.1998.12.ceira02 Waybac.1998.12.ceira03 Waybac.1998.12.ceira04 Waybac.1999.01.nyeoms01 Waybac.1999.01.nyeoms02 Waybac.1999.01.nyeoms03 Waybac.1999.01.nyeoms04 Waybac.1999.05.bwp.mt01 Waybac.1999.05.bwp.mt02 Waybac.1999.05.bwp.mt03 Waybac.1999.05.bwp.mt04 Waybac.1999.06.mbiz05 Waybac.1999.06.mbiz06 Waybac.1999.06.mbiz07 Waybac.1999.06.mbiz08 Waybac.1999.09.mfr25 Waybac.1999.12.cawtre01 Waybac.1999.12.cawtre02 Waybac.1999.12.cawtre03 Waybac.2000.03.awbs04 Waybac.2000.03.awbs05 Waybac.2000.03.mroms1 Waybac.2000.03mroms2 Waybac.2000.06.mytb00a Waybac.2000.06.vtr01 Waybac.2000.06.vtr02 Waybac.2000.06.vtr03 Waybac.2000.07.fojra01 Waybac.2000.07.fojra02 Waybac.2000.07.fojra03 Waybac.2000.07.fojra04 Waybac.2000.07.fojra05 Waybac.2000.09.afbdoms11 Waybac.2000.09.afbdoms12 Waybac.2000.09.afbdoms13 Waybac.2000.09.afbdoms14 Waybac.2000.10.kipp01 Waybac.2000.10.kipp02 Waybac.2000.10.kipp03 Waybac.2000.10.kipp04 Waybac.2000.12.cmoms31 Waybac.2000.12.cmoms32 Waybac.2000.12.cmoms33 Waybac.2000.12.cmoms34 Waybac.2001.02.mapoms01 Waybac.2001.02.mapoms02 Waybac.2001.02.mapoms03 Waybac.2001.02.mapoms04

We wrap up this entry with our video segment which features two new family home movies this week and several from around the internet.

And that does it for this week’s episode of the Scheu Family Blog. Thanks for keeping up with us this time out and we’ll catch up with you next time. Until then, have a good one. We miss you, Mom.
Later, Scheu

Leave a Reply