But the Seasons Changed too Fast

Just when we thought Spring had sprung, Mother Nature reminded us that it is still February. Weather aside; it was a pretty calm this week. Matt stayed at school up at U Indy. Abby was crazy busy – does she know any other way? Luke continued to rest his toe and finally got released to return to action, which will include track next week. Ann continued to struggle with her knees as After Prom draws ever closer. And I continued to nurse my aching ankle back to health as I gradually returned to my normal workout routine. Hello again and welcome back to the Scheu Family Blog.
We had a foggy start to the week; so much so that it caused the kids to have a two-hour delay from school. Ann & I had a fast day at work that culminated with me enjoying a nice walk for about two and a half miles in seventy-degree weather. Luke continued to rest his toe and not engage in sports that night so he spent his evening planning his base camp out in the woods. Abby had a doctor appointment after school in Columbus then drove back to Pirateers practice at the high school and then went on to technique class at the Dixon Dance studio. Ann made us a big tossed salad with grilled chicken that was both healthy and yummy – especially with her homemade Shallo’s-inspired dip! The kids & I watched the new SpongeBob Square Pants show. Luke got his basketball pictures but they were messed up. One of them had the team wrong (Cougars) and both had his name spelled wrong. I was able to photo-shop in the correct spelling. He is supposed to get a corrected one sometime.

sis17.02.97 lbbp17.01 lbbp17.02 lbbp17.03 lbbp17.04 lbbp17.05 lbbp17.06 lbbp17.07 lbbp17.08

After a long day at work, I walked in the rain for three miles on Tuesday afternoon. Ann had planned to have some arts & crafts fun with Shawna but she was sick and Ann had a nasty migraine (dang, you guys are old!). After school, Abby worked all night at Wings & Rings. Luke went to the girls’ basketball game at the junior high school. The #14 and Big 10-leading Purdue Boilermakers were on TV facing a very game Penn St and managed to hammer out an exciting win in OT.
Wednesday was a gorgeous day in the 70s…this is February, right? Abby had another sick headache in the AM but managed to go in late to school. I walked a couple miles after work before Ann & I left Columbus a little early so she could facilitate her After Prom meeting. Abby made it to school in time to do Big Brothers / Big Sisters at the elementary school at lunchtime. She was supposed to have soccer practice but it ended up getting cancelled. She took Luke & I to ElRep for National Margarita Day. I enjoyed a couple beverages and the kids had dinner. Abs drove us home then headed over to Dixon to meet up with Ann for jazz class. Luke & I talked during dinner and he decided to do track again this year. We came home and I enjoyed eating a big pile of Ann’s homemade mac & cheese she had leftover from her pitch-in at work today. Later that night, Bu did her homework while we all watched Bones, which is sadly in its final season. Here are some random pictures from this week’s adventures.

sis17.02.79 sis17.02.80 sis17.02.81 sis17.02.82 sis17.02.83 sis17.02.84 sis17.02.85 sis17.02.86 sis17.02.87 sis17.02.88 sis17.02.89 sis17.02.90 sis17.02.91 sis17.02.92 sis17.02.93 sis17.02.94 sis17.02.95 sis17.02.96 sis17.02.97 sis17.02.98 sis17.02.99 sis17.02.100 sis17.02.101 sis17.02.102 sis17.02.103 sis17.02.104 sis17.02.105 sis17.02.106 sis17.02.107 sis17.02.108 sis17.02.109 sis17.02.110 sis17.02.111 sis17.02.112 sis17.02.113 sis17.02.114 sis17.02.115 sis17.02.116 sis17.02.117 sis17.02.118 sis17.02.119 sis17.02.120 sis17.02.121 sis17.02.122 sis17.02.123 sis17.02.124 sis17.02.125

I was in early for a long day of at our Annual Competency Fair at work on Thursday morning. I then walked 3 miles afterward until it was dark. Abby brought Luke to Columbus to have his stitches taken out then came back to have dinner with Molly before Pirateers practice. Afterwards, she was back at DDS for tap class. Ann had dinner with Amy then did her Dance Mom thing at Dixon. After getting his stitches out, Luke went to the girls’ basketball game at the junior high school again. I picked him up after the game on my way back in to town and we came home and enjoyed more of Ann’s homemade mac & cheese for dinner and watched some DVR’ed shows. We really like the new show called Legion.
Friday was a fast day. I took my maintenance guys out for lunch at Texas Roadhouse to celebrate our awesome survey a couple weeks back. I had to cut my walk short that evening due to thunderstorms. I tried to stay out but after the third lightning strike in the area, I figured I shouldn’t push my luck any further. I drove home to a beautiful lightning storm – what a show! Ann called, saying it was hailing at home. During my drive, the temps dropped 20 degrees! Randall came over and went with Luke, Ann & I to Senior Night at the boys’ basketball game. It was also Abby & the Pirateers’ final performance of the year. The next time we see her and the Pirateers, she will be a senior. Damn, I’m old. We were very disappointed when we heard that the visiting East Central team complained about the length of time the evening’s ceremonies were taking and so they cancelled the Pirateers’ pre-game routine. That left only the senior’s routine as Bu’s only action for the night – and it wasn’t much. As has been the recent tradition, the dance focused on the seniors with the rest of the team relegated to back-up dancers. Bu also got to participate in presenting the colors before the varsity game. Ally & Shawn sat with us at the game but Mom & Sandy couldn’t make it. I did double duty, taking video of the event on two cameras – one for a senior Dad (Derek) who had to be on the floor for with his daughter as she was introduced. I was more focused on his camera than my own and it shows on our video below. We took Abby out to dinner at BWR with Randall and three of her girlfriends. The girls went out to the movie afterwards. Randall ended up taking off. So Ann and I went home to watch TV and promptly fell asleep…damn we’re old…

apfjd17.00 apfjd17.00a apfjd17.01 apfjd17.02 apfjd17.03 apfjd17.04 apfjd17.05 apfjd17.06 apfjd17.07 apfjd17.08 apfjd17.09 apfjd17.10 apfjd17.11 apfjd17.12 apfjd17.13 apfjd17.14 apfjd17.15 apfjd17.16 apfjd17.17 apfjd17.18 apfjd17.19 apfjd17.20 apfjd17.21 apfjd17.22 apfjd17.23 apfjd17.24 apfjd17.25 apfjd17.26 apfjd17.27 apfjd17.28 apfjd17.29 apfjd17.30 apfjd17.31 apfjd17.32 apfjd17.33 apfjd17.34 apfjd17.35 apfjd17.36 apfjd17.37 apfjd17.38 apfjd17.39 apfjd17.40 apfjd17.41 apfjd17.42 apfjd17.43 apfjd17.44 apfjd17.45 apfjd17.46 apfjd17.47 apfjd17.48 apfjd17.49 apfjd17.50 apfjd17.51 apfjd17.52 apfjd17.53 apfjd17.54 apfjd17.55 apfjd17.56 apfjd17.57

We woke up on Saturday morning to snow flurries. We had to close up the house and actually turned the heat back on. It was cold and breezy – in the 30s – brrr. Ann got up early and went to a scrapbook event out in Burney. As for me; I took it easy, editing pictures and videos while icing and elevating my ankle. Randall came over for a while to hang out with Bu, who finally got up around noon. After paying the bills, we decided to go junking downtown and had some success. I scored an old box of toys for $20 that ended up having about 30 Hot Wheels in it and Luke found an old army jacket. We grabbed lunch at KFC before Abby went to work for the night at BWR. Luke & I came home and played a cool game from the 60s that I hadn’t played since I was little called Wipe-Out – a Hot Wheels board game from ’68. Luke won 2 of 3, the little chump. We watched a couple of exciting Daytona races on the DVR as well as a dismal Purdue game (Swanigan had a terrible game again). Ann came home before it was dark and we ended up catching up on our DVR’ed shows, keeping warm under blankets with Ms. Ann resting her aching knees while I iced my ailing ankle – damn we’re old…
We certainly enjoyed sleeping in on Sunday morning. We slowly got up and did our weekly household chores. Abby worked at Buffalo Wings & Rings until the late afternoon. Luke played in the woods for several hours as the temps gradually got up around the upper 40s. After Ann made eggs & bacon breakfast, she got in a nap then went out to Rick & Lynn’s house with the girls to watch the Sound of Music until after dark. That allowed me to have some peace and quiet as I watched Tony Stewart’s team win the Daytona 500 while iced my ankle – enjoying the end of a nice, relaxing weekend. I wasn’t sure I would like the new format of the NASCAR races, but I have to admit that I thoroughly enjoyed all three races this weekend and thought they were more exciting than last years’ Daytona races…and I love the Monster Energy girls! :0) Later, we ended the weekend with the Walking Dead and Talking Dead. It was a good way to end a slow week. We have a ton of social media pictures to share: Abby with friends going to Winter Formal; Kimmy & fam; Hellmichs; Smiths; Bewleys; Simpkins; an oldie of Uncle John & fam; Gracie; congrats to Paul & Cayden; my teammate Louie was inducted into the wrestling HoF; the greatest walker ever on TWD; old-time wrestler The Animal Steele passed away; McIntosh & the Wildcats should make the Big Dance; Hot Wheels; memes; Ms. Maggie; Tyson; Boilers; the surviving members of the Beatles were back in the recording studio this week; more miscellaneous stuff; Aunt Sharon B; Yoakums; the sky above WTRE; Megan; Aunt Judy had a bday this week; the Mattel shop in LA; and sadly, one of my high school friends passed away this week – Todd Reinhart…I’ll have to break out my Merkury bootleg and listen to some of his licks…and it reminded me that the singer from that band and my other HS friend, Tony, had also passed away a couple years back. RIP boys…

smp17.02.179 smp17.02.180 smp17.02.181 smp17.02.182 smp17.02.183 smp17.02.184 smp17.02.185 smp17.02.186 smp17.02.187 smp17.02.188 smp17.02.189 smp17.02.190 smp17.02.191 smp17.02.192 smp17.02.193 smp17.02.194 smp17.02.195 smp17.02.196 smp17.02.197 smp17.02.198 smp17.02.199 smp17.02.200 smp17.02.201 smp17.02.202 smp17.02.203 smp17.02.204 smp17.02.205 smp17.02.206 smp17.02.207 smp17.02.208 smp17.02.209 smp17.02.210 smp17.02.211 smp17.02.212 smp17.02.213 smp17.02.214 smp17.02.215 smp17.02.216 smp17.02.217 smp17.02.218 smp17.02.219 smp17.02.220 smp17.02.221 smp17.02.222 smp17.02.223 smp17.02.224 smp17.02.225 smp17.02.226 smp17.02.227 smp17.02.228 smp17.02.229 smp17.02.230 smp17.02.231 smp17.02.232 smp17.02.233 smp17.02.234 smp17.02.235 smp17.02.236 smp17.02.237 smp17.02.238 smp17.02.239 smp17.02.240 smp17.02.241 smp17.02.242 smp17.02.243 smp17.02.244 smp17.02.245 smp17.02.246 smp17.02.247 smp17.02.248 smp17.02.249 smp17.02.250 smp17.02.251 smp17.02.252 smp17.02.253 smp17.02.254 smp17.02.255 smp17.02.256 smp17.02.257 smp17.02.258 smp17.02.259 smp17.02.260 smp17.02.261 smp17.02.262 smp17.02.263 smp17.02.264 smp17.02.265 smp17.02.266 smp17.02.267 smp17.02.268 smp17.02.269 smp17.02.270 smp17.02.271

Next up is our Waybac section which continues to showcase our second round of six family photo albums from our time in the Main St home at the turn of the century. We lead off this week with Matt opening presents at Gma & Gigi’s house on Christmas Eve in December, 1998; then we have Matt opening presents on his bday on Main St in March, 1999; next we head down to FLA where we see Matt headed to the Gulf with me and then walking with Papaw – probably somewhere at Disney – in May, 1999; then we head back to the Main St home for a great group of photos of the 3 BFFs and their first-borns in August, 1999; then Christmas with Keith & Rosie at the Main St abode in December, 1999; Ann’s work cake and then Matt with me outside the Main St home putting plates on Betty White and the new addition to the family – Barney in April, 2000; Matt & Bu playing on the swing set in the side yard of the Main St home with Mom & Sandy in June, 2000; then headed out to Dee’s first house – out in the boondocks as we met Gracie in July, 2000; Matt & I canoeing in Monroe Co in August, 2000; Matt out at the YMCA playing soccer in September, 2000; Christmas morning on Main St with in December, 2000 (I think we’d had like 2 hours of sleep!); Matt & Bu thrilled to meet Santa in Columbus for Ann’s work’s Donuts with Santa event in December, 2000; and finally Matt opening presents on Main St during his 5th bday party in March, 2001.

Waybac.1998.12.oce11 Waybac.1998.12.oce12 Waybac.1998.12.oce13 Waybac.1998.12.oce14 Waybac.1999.03.mtbdpoms11 Waybac.1999.03.mtbdpoms12 Waybac.1999.03.mtbdpoms13 Waybac.1999.03.mtbdpoms14 Waybac.1999.05motiv01 Waybac.1999.05.motiv02 Waybac.1999.05.motiv03 Waybac.1999.05.motiv04 Waybac.1999.08.fwkoms01 Waybac.1999.08.fwkoms02 Waybac.1999.08.fwkoms03 Waybac.1999.08.fwkoms04 Waybac.1999.12.ocwk01 Waybac.1999.12.ocwk02 Waybac.1999.12.ocwk03 Waybac.1999.12.ocwk04 Waybac.2000.04.awp05 Waybac.2000.04.mwtv01 Waybac.2000.04.mwtv02 Waybac.2000.04.mwtv03 Waybac.2000.06.mass05 Waybac.2000.06.mass06 Waybac.2000.06.mass07 Waybac.2000.06.mass08 Waybac.2000.07.amg05 Waybac.2000.07.amg06 Waybac.2000.07.amg07 Waybac.2000.08.fsct10 Waybac.2000.09.mysg05 Waybac.2000.09.mysg06 Waybac.2000.09.mysg07 Waybac.2000.09.mysg08 Waybac.2000.12.cws01 Waybac.2000.12.sws02 Waybac.2000.12.cws03 Waybac.2000.12.cws04 Waybac.2000.12.cmoms41 Waybac.2000.12.cmoms42 Waybac.2000.12.cmoms43 Waybac.2000.12.cmoms44 Waybac.2001.03.mbdpoms41 Waybac.2001.03.mbdpoms42 Waybac.2001.03.mbdpoms43 Waybac.2001.03.mbdpoms44

We end with our video section which includes only one new family movie this week as well as several videos from around the internet.

And that does it for this week’s episode of the Scheu Family Blog. Thanks for keeping up with us this time out and we’ll catch up with you again next time. Until then, have a good one. We miss ya, Momma.
Later, Scheu

Leave a Reply