Dancing Madly Backwards…Dancing on a Sea

It seemed that all we talked about this week centered around a central theme – from Abby’s ShowStopper competition last week (we received the professional video this week and have all the pictures that we promised last week) to prepping for next week’s tap competition to Ann working on After-Prom stuff to all the March Madness of the Big Dance this weekend, it’s all about the dance it seems. The kids had the week off from school. Matt was home so the family was complete and all was right with the world again. Matt and Abby both worked most of the week. Luke tried to stay out of trouble…but it is Luke we’re talking about, so… Ann finally got some good news, regarding her allergies even as her knees continued to plague her. And I continued to walk and ice the ankle – same ol’ same ol’. Hello again and welcome back to the Scheu Family Blog.
The kids enjoyed their first day of Spring Break on Monday but Ann & I had to work (how’s that fair?). We were both still pretty tired from the time change and it was a long day. I did manage to get out and walk about 3 miles after work – despite it being cold and snowing profusely. Winter Storm Stella was a bust as nothing stuck to the ground, thankfully. Matt was up early for work. Abby & Luke did a few chores at home and then the three kids went to the Y to play basketball. Abby was so tired after staying up late last night that she slept through dinner, which was cheeseburgers (and they were great). …Turns out Abs got pulled over on her way to take Trevin home last night due to supposedly swerving…but I doubt that was the true nature of the stop. They were quickly released because they were doing nothing wrong and she made it home safely. Ann and I laughed at how old we were getting as we stayed in that night and kept warm with blankets and dogs on our laps as we watched our DVR’ed shows and iced our aching joints. Here are our pictures of Abby’s routine at ShowStopper last weekend.

assi17.14 assi17.01 assi17.02 assi17.03 assi17.04 assi17.05 assi17.06 assi17.07 assi17.08 assi17.09 assi17.10 assi17.11 assi17.12 assi17.13 assi17.14 assi17.15 assi17.16 assi17.17 assi17.18 assi17.19 assi17.20 assi17.21 assi17.22 assi17.23 assi17.24 assi17.25 assi17.26 assi17.27 assi17.28 assi17.29 assi17.30 assi17.31 assi17.32 assi17.33 assi17.34 assi17.35 assi17.36 assi17.37 assi17.38 assi17.39 assi17.40 assi17.41 assi17.42 assi17.43 assi17.44 assi17.45 assi17.46 assi17.47 assi17.48 assi17.49 assi17.50 assi17.51 assi17.52 assi17.53 assi17.54 assi17.55 assi17.56 assi17.57 assi17.58 assi17.59 assi17.60 assi17.61 assi17.62 assi17.63 assi17.64 assi17.65 assi17.66 assi17.67 assi17.68 assi17.69 assi17.70 assi17.71 assi17.72 assi17.73 assi17.74 assi17.75 assi17.76 assi17.77 assi17.78 assi17.79 assi17.80 assi17.81 assi17.82 assi17.83 assi17.84 assi17.85 assi17.86 assi17.87 assi17.88 assi17.89 assi17.90 assi17.91 assi17.92 assi17.93 assi17.94 assi17.95 assi17.96 assi17.97 assi17.98 assi17.99 assi17.100 assi17.101 assi17.102 assi17.103 assi17.104 assi17.105 assi17.106 assi17.107 assi17.108 assi17.109 assi17.110 assi17.111 assi17.112 assi17.113 assi17.114 assi17.115 assi17.116 assi17.117 assi17.118 assi17.119 assi17.120 assi17.121 assi17.122 assi17.123 assi17.124 assi17.125 assi17.126 assi17.127 assi17.128 assi17.129 assi17.130 assi17.131 assi17.132 assi17.133 assi17.134 assi17.135 assi17.136 assi17.137 assi17.138 assi17.139 assi17.140 assi17.141 assi17.142 assi17.143 assi17.144 assi17.145 assi17.146 assi17.147 assi17.148 assi17.149 assi17.150 assi17.151 assi17.152 assi17.153 assi17.154 assi17.155 assi17.156 assi17.157 assi16.158 assi17.159 assi17.160 assi17.161 assi17.162 assi17.163 assi17.164 assi17.165 assi17.166 assi17.167 assi17.168 assi17.169 assi17.170 assi17.171 assi17.172 assi17.173 assi17.174 assi17.175 assi17.176 assi17.177 assi17.178 assi17.179 assi17.180

It was still snowing on Tuesday. The kids enjoyed another day off from school. Matt and Abby both had to work that day. Luke went to the YMCA again to play basketball and hang out with his buddies. I walked two miles in the bitter cold weather. I had to call it quits early due to my face feeling like it was on fire from the nasty nor’easter winds. Ann made us Fireworks popcorn for dinner.
Wednesday was another cold day of Spring Break for the kids. I walked two and a half miles in a strong wind, ending up at Ann’s work. Matt had the day off from work, as did Abby. Luke went out to the Y again. Luke & Bu did a few chores around the house for us. The kids & I played Mario Kart till late, out in the family room. Luke slept in his fort out in the play room again. Ann made a huge pot of potato soup for dinner on a frigid night that warmed us right up. It was perfect! We have lots of new social media pictures to share this week: Abby with friends; Barney & Haley; Lindsay & Jack; Bu & jazz squad; Conner & friends; John & June w/ babies; Aunt Sharon w/ grand-kiddos; Bethany & beau on the beach; Linda; more Abs at 1st dance competition of the year; Demarcus Ware retired this week; Messers in AZ; and all the recent Boiler accolades.

smp17.03.104 smp17.03.105 smp17.03.106 smp17.03.107 smp17.03.108 smp17.03.109 smp17.03.110 smp17.03.111 smp17.03.112 smp17.03.113 smp17.03.114 smp17.03.115 smp17.03.116 smp17.03.117 smp17.03.118 smp17.03.119 smp17.03.120 smp17.03.121 smp17.03.122 smp17.03.123 smp17.03.124 smp17.03.125 smp17.03.126 smp17.03.127 smp17.03.128 smp17.03.129 smp17.03.130 smp17.03.131 smp17.03.133 smp17.03.134 smp17.03.135 smp17.03.136 smp17.03.137 smp17.03.138 smp17.03.139 smp17.03.140 smp17.03.141 smp17.03.142 smp17.03.143 smp17.03.144 smp17.03.145 smp17.03.146 smp17.03.147 smp17.03.148 smp17.03.149 smp17.03.150 smp17.03.151 smp17.03.152 smp17.03.153 smp17.03.154 smp17.03.155 smp17.03.156 smp17.03.157 smp17.03.158 smp17.03.159 smp17.03.160 smp17.03.161 smp17.03.162 smp17.03.163 smp17.03.164

We got off to a cold start on Thursday as we had to defrost the car windows before work. The kids enjoyed another day off school. Abby picked up Ann at work that afternoon and they went to Shelbyville to get her prom dress fitted…but it was ripped – so now it needs altered since it is probably too late to order a new one for her. I walked a couple miles on a gorgeous afternoon that was all the way up to 50. Ann went out to eat with Amy then they had a nice visit at Mom & Sandy’s house. Abby went out to ElRep with friends. Matt watched March Madness with me – including the Purdue game vs. a good Vermont team. The Boilers prevailed despite some questionable officiating – it almost felt like the refs were trying to make the game artificially closer than what it should’ve been! Then later, Bu had Trevin over for a while to play Mario Kart and hang out in the family room. Matt went out with buddies and Luke slept in his fort again.
Ann & I had the day off on Friday. She finally got back in to see the allergist and got some answers. They were finally able to identify what caused her to have the troubles at the end of last year – Rocuronium is what nearly killed her. The rest of us got to sleep in that morning. Abs worked second shift at Wings & Rings. Luke went out to Oakley’s house and ended up staying the night. Matt & I went to Dee & Jamie’s house to spend the better part of the day watching the Big Dance. There were some great games that had amazing finishes! We had a lot of fun with lots of food and libations. That meant Ann got to enjoy some peace and quiet back at home. Here are some random pictures from this week.

aat17.01 aat17.02 aat17.03 aat17.04 aat17.05 sis17.03.68 sis17.03.69 sis17.03.70 sis17.03.71 sis17.03.72 sis17.03.73 sis17.03.74 sis17.03.75 sis17.03.76 sis17.03.77 sis17.03.78 sis17.03.79 sis17.03.80 sis17.03.81 sis17.03.82 sis17.03.83 sis17.03.84

Saturday was just a blah day in the 30s that stayed overcast all day. There was some heavy fog, which made things look cool. Matt got up early to head over to get his haircut with Jami. When he got back, he went over to Memaw’s house for brunch and then went in to work. Abby had Kuyhlia over for a while then went out with Trevin until work and then worked at BWR until late. I picked up Luke & Oakley on my way over to Columbus to get a new mower & ladder at Lowe’s. We grabbed a quick lunch & did a little HW hunting and then came back to Greensburg to pick up stuff for dinner. For dinner, Ann made some homemade calzones and man were they good! Matt & I watched more of the March Madness: the #1 seed in the tourney was upset; Northwestern (and local boy Bryant McIntosh) came up a little short and the Boilers won another big game. They played a very game Iowa State team, which all the commentators were saying how they were going to stomp Purdue. The Boilers jumped out to a big lead at the start and pulled away until ISU made a huge comeback and took the lead with only a few minutes to play. But in the end, the Boilers managed to pull out the big W to advance to the Sweet 16! And finally we heard the sad news that rock guitarist Chuck Berry had passed away at age 90.
We enjoyed sleeping in on Sunday morning. We finally saw some sunshine today! I had hoped to get a few things done outside, but I felt like do-do all day and didn’t get anything extra done. Abby got up and went in to work for a double shift. Matt had the day off on his final day of Spring Break. The two younger ones still have another week for whatever reason. Luke & I did our weekly household chores while Ann & Matt went shopping. That afternoon we had Matt’s 21st birthday party with family: Mom & Sandy and Dee & Jamie were able to make it this year. We hope you’re feeling better, Ms. Phyllis – we missed you and Dick today!! We enjoyed another cake from Mary – she does such a good job. We watched basketball all day again. Once everybody left, Matt ran out to see Abby during her lunch break then came home and packed up his car before heading back up to school. Although we will all miss him, I think Luke & Lola take it especially hard when he leaves. We took it easy the rest of the night and watched The Walking Dead to end a nice, slower week.
Next up is our Waybac segment which features more of our family from the turn of the century in the old Main St home. We lead off this week in the Main St home on Christmas morning in December 1998; then we head down to Walt Disney World -first for Dinner with Pooh at the Wilderness Lodge and then having fun in the Magic Kingdom in May 1999; next we head out to the soccer field behind Rural King before the Y had their own field in September 1999; next we head back to the Main St home for Easter morning in April 2000; then out to the new YMCA where Bu & Gma are watching Matt play t-ball in June 2000; next we head to Lake Monroe for a father/son canoe and camping outing in August 2000; next we head back to the Main St home for Abby’s first birthday in September 2000; we stay on Main St for Christmas Day in December 2000; earlier that week, we had the Scheu family Christmas up in Lafayette at John & June’s Lingle Ave home; and we end back at the Main St home Matt’s 5th birthday party in March 2001.

Waybac.1998.12.cdoms20 Waybac.1998.12.cdoms21 Waybac.1998.12.cdoms22 Waybac.1998.12.cdoms23 Waybac.1998.12.cdoms24 Waybac.1998.12.cdoms25 Waybac.1998.12.cdoms26 Waybac.1998.12.cdoms27 Waybac.1999.05.dwp31 Waybac.1999.05.dwp32 Waybac.1999.05.dwp33 Waybac.1999.05.dwp34 Waybac.1999.05.mdwdw1 Waybac.1999.05.mdwdw2 Waybac.1999.05.mdwdw3 Waybac.1999.05.mdwdw4 Waybac.1999.09.mys5 Waybac.1999.09.mys6 Waybac.1999.09.mys7 Waybac.1999.09.mys8 Waybac.2000.04.edoms16 Waybac.2000.04.edoms17 Waybac.2000.04.edoms18 Waybac.2000.04.edoms19 Waybac.2000.06.mytb7 Waybac.2000.06.mytb8 Waybac.2000.06.mytb9 Waybac.2000.06.mytb10 Waybac.2000.08.fsct10a Waybac.2000.08.fsct11 Waybac.2000.08.fsct12 Waybac.2000.08.fsct13 Waybac.2000.08.fsct14 Waybac.2000.09.afbdp33 Waybac.2000.09.afbdp34 Waybac.2000.09.afbdp35 Waybac.2000.09.afbdp36 Waybac.2000.12.coms27a Waybac.2000.12.coms28a Waybac.2000.12.coms29a Waybac.2000.12.coms30a Waybac.2000.12.sfc17 Waybac.2000.12.sfc18 Waybac.2000.12.sfc19 Waybac.2000.12.sfc20 Waybac.2001.03.mbdpoms14a Waybac.2001.03.mbdpoms15a Waybac.2001.03.mbdpoms16a Waybac.2001.03.mbdpoms17a

And finally, we have our video section which features one new home movie this week and several from around the internet.

And that does it for this week’s episode of the Scheu Family Blog. Thanks for keeping up with us this time out and we’ll catch up with you again next time. Until then, have a good one. We miss ya, Mom.
Later, Scheu

Leave a Reply