All Day Long You been Wantin’ to Dance…

It was nice to have the house opened up for the first part of the week but as they say in Indiana, if you don’t like the weather just wait a little while…and sure enough by the end of the week, we had the house closed up and Ann even turned the heat back on in the living room. Luke was again a 3-sport athlete as he prepped for baseball, worked on his basketball game and attended track practice. Abby was all about the dance, spending nearly every evening at the dance studio despite feeling like crap all week. Matt came home from U Indy to work this weekend, so the family was whole and all was right in the world again, even it was only for a brief moment. Ann did great with her knees but she and Abby keep passing some sort of upper respiratory ailment back and forth, so she was miserable in a different way this week. Even the dogs had health issues a couple times this week (is doggy flu a thing?). And I managed to somehow continue advancing my workout regimen with 16 miles this week (one of my best ever) plus we worked out in the yard this weekend as well as did my monthly EOC & PM rounds at work. Yet with all this activity, I still struggled to battle the bulge. Hello again and welcome to the latest installment of the Scheu Family Blog.
It was back to work and school for us on Monday morning. Abby visited Trevin, who was admitted to the hospital overnight when he couldn’t stop vomiting. She left there and went on to her technique class at Dixon. Luke had track practice after school. He still wants to quit but we want him to stick with it for now. I walked 3 miles after work on a pretty evening but poor Ann was feeling really cruddy, even running a fever at times. Despite that though, her knees felt like a million bucks. As promised last week, here are Abby’s dance pictures from last weekend as well as the video at the bottom of this entry.

assc17.68 assc17.01 assc17.02 assc17.03 assc17.04 assc17.05 assc17.06 assc17.07 assc17.08 assc17.09 assc17.10 assc17.11 assc17.12 assc17.13 assc17.14 assc17.15 assc17.16 assc17.17 assc17.18 assc17.19 assc17.20 assc17.21 assc17.22 assc17.23 assc17.24 assc17.25 assc17.26 assc17.27 assc17.28 assc17.29 assc17.30 assc17.31 assc17.32 assc17.33 assc17.34 assc17.35 assc17.36 assc17.37 assc17.38 assc17.39 assc17.40 assc17.41 assc17.42 assc17.43 assc17.44 assc17.45 assc17.46 assc17.47 assc17.48 assc17.49 assc17.50 assc17.51 assc17.52 assc17.53 assc17.54 assc17.55 assc17.56 assc17.57 assc17.58 assc17.59 assc17.60 assc17.61 assc17.62 assc17.63 assc17.64 assc17.65 assc17.66 assc17.67 assc17.68 assc17.69 assc17.70 assc17.71 assc17.72 assc17.73 assc17.74 assc17.75 assc17.76 assc17.77 assc17.78 assc17.79 assc17.80 assc17.81 assc17.82 assc17.83 assc17.84 assc17.85 assc17.86 assc17.87 assc17.88 assc17.89 assc17.90 assc17.91 assc17.92 assc17.93 assc17.94 assc17.95 assc17.96 assc17.97 assc17.98 assc17.99 assc17.100 assc17.101 assc17.102 assc17.103 assc17.104 assc17.105 assc17.106 assc17.107 assc17.108 assc17.109 assc17.110 assc17.111 assc17.112 assc17.113 assc17.114 assc17.115 assc17.116 assc17.117 assc17.118 assc17.119 assc17.120 assc17.121 assc17.122

Bu-Bu was in early for Student Council on Tuesday morning then made her way to work at Wings & Rings until late. Luke had track after school then went on to the Y for a couple hours that night to practice his basketball game. Annie was still feeling sick but managed to make it through work. I walked 3 more miles on an overcast, humid afternoon around 60. Joining Ann on the sick list that night was little Lola, who was not feeling well. In fact she screamed whenever she moved. Granted, she’s a big sissy anyhow, but it really concerned us and so she got babied all night.
Wednesday brought with it a big controversy over the annual GCHS lip dub video that was posted that morning. Within only an hour, there was talk of inappropriate content that was simply unfounded and frankly reckless to bring up on social media. It was supposedly taken down but thankfully I was able to get a copy of it before it was taken down and reposted it (see below). A day later they would end up re-posting it, so someone obviously came to their senses – probably from all the pushback that these comments spurred. I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion but a knee-jerk reaction isn’t good for anyone. Abs hung out with her friends after school and even took the truck out for a spin before heading to jazz class at the dance studio. Ann worked in the G’burg office then facilitated an After Prom meeting before meeting Abby at jazz class. I walked 4 miles after work on a picture-perfect afternoon. Luke went to track practice after school then went back to the YMCA for another basketball workout. Thankfully, Princess Lola was better but oddly that night, it was Molly who wasn’t feeling herself. She’s a tough dog and has a very high threshold to pain but she was moving very slowly with her tail between her legs all day and acted…depressed, I guess is the best way to describe her behavior. So it was Molls that got all the loving that night. Here are some random pictures from this week.

sis17.04.01 sis17.04.02 sis17.04.03 sis17.04.04 sis17.04.05 sis17.04.06 sis17.04.07 sis17.04.08 sis17.04.09 sis17.04.10 sis17.04.11 sis17.04.12 sis17.04.13 sis17.04.14 sis17.04.15 sis17.04.16 sis17.04.17 sis17.04.19 sis17.04.20 sis17.04.21 sis17.04.22 sis17.04.23 sis17.04.24 sis17.04.25 sis17.04.26 sis17.04.27 sis17.04.28 sis17.04.29 sis17.04.30 sis17.04.31 sis17.04.32 sis17.04.33 sis17.04.34 sis17.04.35 sis17.04.36 sis17.04.37 sis17.04.38 sis17.04.39 sis17.04.40 sis17.04.41 sis17.04.42

Thursday was a stormy day. I walked thru the rain for about 10 minutes during my evening walk of 3 miles after work. It was a cold rain that really cooled things off for the rest of our week, unfortunately. Bu went running with her friends after school then had tap class at Dixon. Luke had track practice at the high school then joined Ann & I back at the junior high for a parents meeting. Ann went out with Shawna for dinner to discuss A Creative Life – yes, they finally ha a name. Meanwhile I took Luke, (and was joined by Abby, Mary & Julia) to ElRep for dinner and a margarita (hey; it was on special, what can I say?). After dinner, Ann and Abby were back at DDS for tap class to discuss last weekend’s competition and prep for next weekend’s competition. Luke & I went home and watched Bye-Bye Man on the big screen.
It was a cold, rainy Friday. It was Dad B’s birthday and although I called him, I couldn’t get him to pick up so I sang the birthday song to him and called Robby instead. We had a good talk on my way in to work. We need to get together soon. Luke had track practice. Abby went out with Megan & Brit after school then went on to technique class at Dixon Dance. Afterwards she went out with some Pirateers friends to dinner at BWR. They ended coming back here for a while before deciding to go out to see the new Baby Boss movie. Matt stayed up at school to go out to the bar with his buddies. I walked 3 more miles in the damp weather but thankfully Ann made a huge pot of chili that really hit the spot as the overnight temps fell all the way down to the 30s.
It was a chilly start to our Saturday morning with temps in the 30s…brrr! So Luke & I watched Star Wars Rogue One and waited for it to warm up a little before we went outside to work for the day. Even though it was barely in the 40s, it was good enough for us. We did our spring cleaning-type of outside work such as clean out the gutters, pick up sticks in the yard (we filled a garbage can!), un-box the new mower and get it all set up as well as get the old mower up and going. We mowed the lawn together then we grabbed lunch at Taco Bell. We weren’t quite ready to get back to work after lunch so we went out to North Decatur where Luke practiced driving Barney for about 20 minutes. We came home and got the trimmer and blower up and running and finished up the yard with them. Afterwards we fertilized the yard before calling it a day and getting showers. Meanwhile Ann went to a scrapbook flea market. Abby slept in then joined Ann and Amy for lunch before heading to work at BWR until late. Matt worked 2nd shift at Aspen Place then came home that night for the first time since Spring Break. Ann made cheesy Fireworks popcorn for dinner and we watched a couple movies, the Grimm series finale and the Final 4 games while trying to keep warm with blankets and snuggling up with the dogs. We have a ton of social media pictures to share this week: Bu alone and with friends; lots of cousin pictures; the Messers out west; the Drakes on vacation; the Bewley’s in Hawaii; Kuyhlia trying out for Colts Cheerleaders; Sib Hashian (drummer for Boston) passed away; miscellaneous stuff; more Scheu cousins (and Aunt Sue); more Drakes; the Bewley’s again; the Guards in FLA; Rush will have a release on Record Store Day and some final Purdue men’s bball stuff.

smp17.04.01 smp17.04.02 smp17.04.03 smp17.04.04 smp17.04.05 smp17.04.06 smp17.04.07 smp17.04.08 smp17.04.09 smp17.04.10 smp17.04.11 smp17.04.12 smp17.04.13 smp17.04.14 smp17.04.15 smp17.04.16 smp17.04.17 smp17.04.18 smp17.04.19 smp17.04.20 smp17.04.21 smp17.04.22 smp17.04.23 smp17.04.24 smp17.04.25 smp17.04.26 smp17.04.27 smp17.04.28 smp17.04.29 smp17.04.30 smp17.04.31 smp17.04.32 smp17.04.33 smp17.04.34 smp17.04.35 smp17.04.36 smp17.04.37 smp17.04.38 smp17.04.39 smp17.04.40 smp17.04.41 smp17.04.42 smp17.04.43 smp17.04.44 smp17.04.45 smp17.04.46 smp17.04.47 smp17.04.48 smp17.04.49 smp17.04.50 smp17.04.51 smp17.04.52 smp17.04.53 smp17.04.54 smp17.04.55 smp17.04.56 smp17.04.57 smp17.04.58 smp17.04.59 smp17.04.60 smp17.04.61 smp17.04.62 smp17.04.63 smp17.04.64 smp17.04.65 smp17.04.66 smp17.04.67 smp17.04.68 smp17.04.69 smp17.04.70 smp17.04.71 smp17.04.72 smp17.04.73 smp17.04.74 smp17.04.75 smp17.04.76 smp17.04.77 smp17.04.78 smp17.04.79 smp17.04.80 smp17.04.81 smp17.04.82 smp17.04.83 smp17.04.84 smp17.04.85 smp17.04.86 smp17.04.87 smp17.04.88 smp17.04.89 smp17.04.90 smp17.04.91 smp17.04.92 smp17.04.93 smp17.04.94 smp17.04.95 smp17.04.96 smp17.04.97 smp17.04.98 smp17.04.99 smp17.04.100 smp17.04.101 smp17.04.102

We finally enjoyed sleeping in on Sunday morning. We got up and did our weekly household chores and I got back outside to PM the vehicles. Matt & Bu both went in to work for the day and Luke had a well-deserved break from his physically-demanding schedule. It was Opening Day for MLB today but somehow the Reds didn’t play? I thought they always played on the first day of the season. Abby said she probably wouldn’t get us tickets for a Reds game this summer (straight A’s) because of the type of classes she has this semester, but I told her we’d still have to go just to keep the tradition alive… Ann ordered pizza for dinner and we watched a little baseball and the season finale of The Walking Dead. When Abby got home, we watched the series finale of Bones. It was a very calm, relaxing way to end another very fast week.
Next up is our Waybac section which continues to feature our young family at the turn of the century while in the Main St home, including some great pictures of Mom. We lead off this week at the Brickyard 400, up at IMS in August 1997; then we move on to Christmas Eve at Memaw & Gigi’s house in Ryle Addition in December 1998; next we fast-forward a few hours and move the Main St house for Christmas morning fun in December 1998; then we several pictures from our vacation to Florida in May 1999, including on the jet, at WDW and at the Sand Pebble; next we head to Tippecanoe County for a Morgan family reunion in August 1999; next we have Matt-man at the Main St home in October 1999; then we head out to the YMCA for Matt’s t-ball game in June 2000; next we head up to Rossville at Bret & Tammie’s house for a Brown family reunion in August 2000; then back to the Main St home for Abby’s first birthday in September 2000; next we head out to the outskirts of Batesville for a harvest festival to get pumpkins, ride in a horse-drawn carriage and pony rides in October 2000; and we end on Christmas morning on Main St in December 2000.

Waybac.1997.08.byf44 Waybac.1997.08.byf45 Waybac.1997.08.byf46 Waybac.1998.12.ceord01 Waybac.1998.12.ceord02 Waybac.1998.12.ceord03 Waybac.1998.12.ceord04 Waybac.1998.12.coms47 Waybac.1998.12.coms48 Waybac.1998.12.coms49 Waybac.1998.12.coms50 Waybac.1999.05.wdwv44 Waybac.1999.05.wdwv45 Waybac.1999.05.wdwv46 Waybac.1999.05.wdwv47 Waybac.1999.05.wdwv48 Waybac.1999.05.wdwv49 Waybac.1999.05.wdwv50 Waybac.1999.05.wdwv51 Waybac.1999.05.wdwv52 Waybac.1999.05.wdwv53 Waybac.1999.05.wdwv55 Waybac.1999.05.wdwv56 Waybac.1999.05.wdwv57 Waybac.1999.05.wdwv58 Waybac.1999.05.wdwv54 Waybac.1999.08.mfr22 Waybac.1999.08.mfr23 Waybac.1999.10.mibm01 Waybac.2000.06.mtbg22 Waybac.2000.06.mtbg23 Waybac.2000.06.mtbg24 Waybac.2000.06.mtbg25 Waybac.2000.08.bfr46 Waybac.2000.08.bfr47 Waybac.2000.08.mfr50 Waybac.2000.08.mfr51 Waybac.2000.09.afbdoms15 Waybac.2000.09.afbdoms16 Waybac.2000.09.afbdoms17 Waybac.2000.09.afbdoms18 Waybac.2000.10.mapr05 Waybac.2000.10.mapr06 Waybac.2000.10.mapr07 Waybac.2000.10.mapr08 Waybac.2000.10.mapr09 Waybac.2000.12.coms47 Waybac.2000.12.coms48 Waybac.2000.12.coms49 Waybac.2000.12.coms50

Next up is our video segment, which includes a couple new family home movies as well as several from around the internet.

Well that does it for this episode of the Scheu Family Blog. Thanks for keeping up with us this time out and we’ll catch up with you again next time. Until then, have a good one. We miss ya Mom.
Later, Scheu

Leave a Reply