Hit, Hit, Hit…Till the Truth is Spoken

Chalk up another fast week to for us, here at the Scheu abode. It felt much more like summer than it did spring as temps reached 90 every day. Despite that, I still got in about 15 miles of walking. Matt stayed home and worked most of the week. Abby had a big election in the midst of her normal balance of school, dance and work. Luke had three straight nights of baseball and tried to stay out of trouble at school. And Ann I both had long weeks at work and continued to struggle with our aging, aching bodies. Hello again and welcome back to the Scheu Family Blog.
We had a slow start to Monday morning as we returned to work & school. Matt went back to U Indy only to return because his roomies had left for the summer. He got his hair cut with Jami in Columbus. That evening, Abby, Matt & Ann had dinner at DQ then came out to support Luke & the Marlins at the ball diamonds that night. Meanwhile I walked 2.5 miles on a gorgeous afternoon. I picked up Luke and we went to the diamond 1 to play the Greensburg Cubs again. Luke played 1st base and centerfield. He was 1-3 with a single and a pair of groundouts. He also stole a base and scored a run. He recorded four putouts at 1st. We won 8-7 to improve our record to 1-0-1. After the game, Ann & Bu made signs for her campaign to be class president again next year and even brought poor Trevin over to help. That night, Abby told us that her friend and mentor, Kuyhlia made the Cincinnati Bengals (Ben-GALS) cheerleading squad!

lbtwf17.115 lbgc17.01 lbgc17.02 lbgc17.03 lbgc17.04 lbgc17.05 lbgc17.06 lbgc17.07 lbgc17.08 lbgc17.09 lbgc17.10 lbgc17.11 lbgc17.12 lbgc17.13 lbgc17.14 lbgc17.15 lbgc17.16 lbgc17.17 lbgc17.18 lbgc17.19 lbgc17.20 lbgc17.21 lbgc17.22 lbgc17.23

Tuesday was another warm day. Abby worked at BWR and Matt worked at Aspen. Luke got into a little mischief at school. I walked 3 miles with my work buddy Justin. Luke missed his track awards banquet that night to play baseball as a fill-in with the Cubs. Bryan & I volunteered Luke & Drew to help them out. We got home about 6 that night and were getting ready for the game when we found out it was not a home game but was actually in Brookville at 6:30! Angie dropped off Drew and the boys and I headed to Brookville in Black Betty. She sounded terrible as the A/C went out and now was making a horrible, grinding noise. It only got worse as we kept driving. By the time we got to the game, we were late and the car was echoing throughout the valley of the park. They faced the FC Remaxx team. He played RF, LF & SS. He was 2-4 from the plate with a pair of singles, a pair of groundouts, 6 stolen bases and 2 runs scored. I ended up coaching first base for them like I do for our team. The game was close until last inning but the Cubs ended up losing by 4, 10-14. We wanted to grab a quick bite to eat in Brookville after the game, but there was a track meet with a few teams in town that evening and all the restaurants were packed or closed. We spent like an hour in Arby’s with a girls’ track team, which the boys absolutely loved. We got home pretty late and got to bed way too late. The car actually sounded a little better when we got home, but not good enough. I’m glad we called Acra’s for an appointment earlier in the day because we just had this fixed last summer and there’s no way it should be acting up already. Here are some random pictures from this week.

sis17.05.52 sis17.05.53 sis17.05.54 sis17.05.55 sis17.05.56 sis17.05.57 sis17.05.58 sis17.05.59 sis17.05.60 sis17.05.61 sis17.05.62 sis17.05.63 sis17.05.64 sis17.05.65 sis17.05.66 sis17.05.67 sis17.05.68 sis17.05.69 sis17.05.70 sis17.05.71 sis17.05.72 sis17.05.73 sis17.05.74 sis17.05.75 sis17.05.76 sis17.05.77 sis17.05.78 sis17.05.79 sis17.05.80 sis17.05.81 sis17.05.82 sis17.05.83 sis17.05.84 sis17.05.85 sis17.05.86 sis17.05.87 sis17.05.88 sis17.05.89 sis17.05.90 sis17.05.91 sis17.05.92 sis17.05.93 sis17.05.94 sis17.05.95 sis17.05.96

Wednesday was another pretty day. Poor Black Betty sounded awful as we drove her to & from work. Matt worked at Aspen again. Abby had a long day – school, work at Dixon, jazz class after that, then dinner with girlfriends, and finally some alone time with the BF where she ended up falling asleep at his place until really late the next morning. I walked 3 miles with Justin again after work. Luke’s baseball game got cancelled because the other team only had six players. So we ended up having practice instead – and it was a good one. I pitched batting practice and Advil was my friend that night. Ann made a delicious dinner of baked chicken and risotto that night that really hit the spot.
Thursday was another slow start to the day. I’m not sure why, but Ann & I have had a lot of trouble getting up and getting ready this week. Again that morning, Ann & I enjoyed waking up slowly before forcing ourselves to get up for work. It was a rainy start to the day with strong storms. Mom & Sandy let us borrow the Grocery Getter so Black Betty could rest until she goes in the shop (thx guys!). Matt worked at Aspen. Abby was pretty anxious before school as voting began for the senior class president. That evening, she drove Ann to tap class at DDS. Abs’ new soccer head gear came in the mail, which will help her avoid another concussion next year. I walked 2.5 miles in the 90-degree heat again after work. Luke enjoyed school so much that he stayed after for a couple hours. That night we broke down and fired up the A/C because the humidity was starting to really kick. And earlier that morning we heard the awful news that Chris Cornell (singer for Soundgarden) had died overnight. Here are some social media pictures from this week.

smp17.05.72 smp17.05.73 smp17.05.74 smp17.05.75 smp17.05.76 smp17.05.77 smp17.05.78 smp17.05.79 smp17.05.80 smp17.05.81 smp17.05.82 smp17.05.83 smp17.05.84 smp17.05.85 smp17.05.86 smp17.05.87 smp17.05.88 smp17.05.89 smp17.05.90 smp17.05.91 smp17.05.92 smp17.05.93 smp17.05.94 smp17.05.95 smp17.05.96 smp17.05.97 smp17.05.98 smp17.05.99 smp17.05.100 smp17.05.101 smp17.05.102 smp17.05.103 smp17.05.104 smp17.05.105 smp17.05.106 smp17.05.107 smp17.05.108 smp17.05.109 smp17.05.110 smp17.05.111 smp17.05.112 smp17.05.113 smp17.05.114 smp17.05.115 smp17.05.116

Friday was another stormy, humid day. It was a long, long day at work for me – a real shit day. I don’t know if it was a full moon or Mars was too close to the Earth or what the hell was going on, but the kids were off the chain. It was the first time in a quarter century that I’ve experienced the trifecta – puke, pee & poop – all in one day! On top of that, there was non-stop damage all day long. It was just awful. After work, Ann went scrapbooking in Burney with her buddies. Abby was elected senior class president! Way to go, Bu! Later, she worked at Wings & Rings until late. Matt worked at Aspen. Meanwhile, Luke & I installed a new A/C in the family room and the boys’ room. When Matt got home, the boys & I had dinner & drinks at El Rep. And while Matt went out with buddies afterwards, Luke & I fell asleep.
Ann was up early on Saturday morning to go scrapbooking in Burney again. It was a MUCH cooler day – in fact it was almost cold. We opened up the house and it was great. Bu saw Jami for a hair appointment in Columbus then spent time with Trevin on their two-month anniversary (is that even a thing?). Later she worked at BWR until late. Matt had the day off, so he went up to U Indy to see his buddies and get some more stuff from the apartment. Luke & I had a busy day. We got the oil changed in Betty White, including new filters and cleaners for the engine. She had been running really rough lately and even died a couple times. Come to find out, the PCV and air filter were both 13 years old! After running her for about an hour, she FINALLY came out of her funk and ran great. Thanks to the Greg and the guys at Davis & Daughters for bringing her back to life for us! Luke & I grabbed some lunch at the Bell then Lukey practiced driving around the neighborhood for about 15 – 20 minutes. Later, Luke went out to the woods and I ended up closing up the house and turning the air back on. Matt came home and the boys went out and played basketball at the park. Annie came home early and made us Fireworks popcorn for dinner as we watched a couple scary movies called “Get Out” and “Rings.”
We finally enjoyed sleeping in on Sunday morning. We eventually got up and got to our weekly household chores. Matt & Abby both worked the early shift. Ann cooked all day and had Mom & Sandy over for dinner for Mother’s Day. All the kids were able to attend, so it made it extra special for Gma. She made Mom’s favorite – spaghetti, bread and seven-layer salad. It smelled and tasted amazing. Her two desserts put over the top. …but my goodness, does she make a lot of dishes?!! She & Luke cleaned out the hall closet all day in order to store most of Ann’s scrapbooking stuff. It looks really good and the living room looks nicer too. It was good to sit and visit with Memaw and Gigi and after they left we took it easy the rest of the evening, watching TV and napping. Scott Dixon won the pole for next weekend’s Indy 500. It was a nice, relaxing way to wrap up another crazy week around here… As promised last week, here are pictures from last weekend’s AAU basketball tourney in Westfield.

lbtwf17.01 lbtwf17.02 lbtwf17.03 lbtwf17.04 lbtwf17.05 lbtwf17.06 lbtwf17.07 lbtwf17.08 lbtwf17.09 lbtwf17.10 lbtwf17.11 lbtwf17.12 lbtwf17.13 lbtwf17.14 lbtwf17.15 lbtwf17.16 lbtwf17.17 lbtwf17.18 lbtwf17.19 lbtwf17.20 lbtwf17.21 lbtwf17.22 lbtwf17.23 lbtwf17.24 lbtwf17.25 lbtwf17.26 lbtwf17.27 lbtwf17.28 lbtwf17.29 lbtwf17.30 lbtwf17.31 lbtwf17.32 lbtwf17.33 lbtwf17.34 lbtwf17.35 lbtwf17.36 lbtwf17.37 lbtwf17.38 lbtwf17.39 lbtwf17.40 lbtwf17.41 lbtwf17.42 lbtwf17.43 lbtwf17.44 lbtwf17.45 lbtwf17.46 lbtwf17.47 lbtwf17.48 lbtwf17.49 lbtwf17.50 lbtwf17.51 lbtwf17.52 lbtwf17.53 lbtwf17.54 lbtwf17.55 lbtwf17.56 lbtwf17.57 lbtwf17.58 lbtwf17.59 lbtwf17.60 lbtwf17.61 lbtwf17.62 lbtwf17.63 lbtwf17.64 lbtwf17.65 lbtwf17.66 lbtwf17.67 lbtwf17.68 lbtwf17.69 lbtwf17.70 lbtwf17.71 lbtwf17.72 lbtwf17.73 lbtwf17.74 lbtwf17.75 lbtwf17.76 lbtwf17.77 lbtwf17.78 lbtwf17.79 lbtwf17.80 lbtwf17.81 lbtwf17.82 lbtwf17.83 lbtwf17.84 lbtwf17.85 lbtwf17.86 lbtwf17.87 lbtwf17.88 lbtwf17.89 lbtwf17.90 lbtwf17.91 lbtwf17.92 lbtwf17.93 lbtwf17.94 lbtwf17.95 lbtwf17.96 lbtwf17.97 lbtwf17.98 lbtwf17.99 lbtwf17.100 lbtwf17.101 lbtwf17.102 lbtwf17.103 lbtwf17.104 lbtwf17.105 lbtwf17.107 lbtwf17.108 lbtwf17.109 lbtwf17.110 lbtwf17.111 lbtwf17.112 lbtwf17.113 lbtwf17.114 lbtwf17.115 lbtwf17.116 lbtwf17.117 lbtwf17.118 lbtwf17.119 lbtwf17.120 lbtwf17.121 lbtwf17.122 lbtwf17.123 lbtwf17.124 lbtwf17.125 lbtwf17.126 lbtwf17.127 lbtwf17.128 lbtwf17.129 lbtwf17.130 lbtwf17.131 lbtwf17.132 lbtwf17.133 lbtwf17.134 lbtwf17.135 lbtwf17.136 lbtwf17.137 lbtwf17.138 lbtwf17.139 lbtwf17.140 lbtwf17.141 lbtwf17.142 lbtwf17.143 lbtwf17.144 lbtwf17.145 lbtwf17.146 lbtwf17.147 lbtwf17.148 lbtwf17.149 lbtwf17.150 lbtwf17.151 lbtwf17.152 lbtwf17.153 lbtwf17.154 lbtwf17.155 lbtwf17.156 lbtwf17.157 lbtwf17.158 lbtwf17.159 lbtwf17.160 lbtwf17.161 lbtwf17.162 lbtwf17.163 lbtwf17.164 lbtwf17.165 lbtwf17.166 lbtwf17.167

Next up is our Waybac segment which continues to feature our young family at the turn of the century during our years in the Main St home. We are getting towards the end of our batch but still have enough to get us through another month or two. We lead off this time with the family on the night before Abby was born in September 1999; then Mom & Dad visiting us on Main St in November 1999; our traditional egg hunt on Easter Day on Main St in April 2000; our Florida vacation in May 2000 – first at Downtown Disney in Orlando and then at the Sand Pebble in Treasure Island; Abby’s first birthday party on Main St in September 2000; Ringling Bros & Barnum & Bailey Circus in Indy in September 2000; Christmas lights and displays at Holiday World (I think??) in Santa Claus in December 2000; then up to Lafayette for the big Scheu family reunion / Christmas party at John & June’s in December 2000; then back to Main St for Matt’s fifth birthday party in March 2001; and finally a visit to the Indy Zoo with Mike & Laura in April 2001.

Waybac.1999.09.dbab1 Waybac.1999.09.dbab2 Waybac.1999.09.dbab3 Waybac.1999.09.dbab4 Waybac.1999.11.mwa1 Waybac.1999.11.mwa2 Waybac.1999.11.mwa3 Waybac.1999.11.mwa4 Waybac.1999.11.mwa5 Waybac.1999.11.mwa6 Waybac.1999.11.mwa7 Waybac.1999.11.mwa8 Waybac.2000.04.eehoms22 Waybac.2000.04.eehoms23 Waybac.2000.04.eehoms24 Waybac.2000.04.eehoms25 Waybac.2000.05.dtd06 Waybac.2000.05.dtd07 Waybac.2000.05.dtd08 Waybac.2000.05.dtd09 Waybac.2000.05.sptb01 Waybac.2000.05.sptb02 Waybac.2000.05.sptb03 Waybac.2000.05.sptb04 Waybac.2000.09.afbdpoms22 Waybac.2000.09.afbdpoms23 Waybac.2000.09.rbbbc22 Waybac.2000.09.rbbbc23 Waybac.2000.12.cahw01 Waybac.2000.12.cahw02 Waybac.2000.12.cahw03 Waybac.2000.12.cahw04 Waybac.2000.12.sfrcil01 Waybac.2000.12.sfrcil02 Waybac.2000.12.sfrcil03 Waybac.2000.12.sfrcil04 Waybac.2001.03.mbdpoms22 Waybac.2001.03.mbdpoms23 Waybac.2001.03.mbdpoms24 Waybac.2001.03.mbdpoms25 Waybac.2001.04.mliz22 Waybac.2001.04.mliz23 Waybac.2001.04.mliz24 Waybac.2001.04.mliz25 Waybac.2001.04.mliz26 Waybac.2001.04.mliz27 Waybac.2001.04.mliz28 Waybac.2001.04.mliz29

Next last section has our videos and features four new family movies this week as well as several from around the internet.

And that does it for this week’s episode of the Scheu Family Blog. Thanks for keeping up with us this time out and we’ll catch up with you again next time. Until then, have a good one. We miss you, Mom.
Later, Scheu

Leave a Reply