Sun, Sun, Sun, Here it Comes…

It was another long week…and another series of days where Ann & I found it increasingly difficult to get out of bed each morning. It was a beautiful week full of lots of sunshine and hot temperatures. The kiddos finished up their finals and began their summer vacation. Luke finally played two baseball games in the same week. Matt worked & enjoyed his free time with friends before his summer classes begin. Abby finally had a chance to relax and catch her breath for a little while. And Ann & I spent another week thinking that getting old sucks so we finally did something about it! Hello again and welcome back to the Scheu Family Blog.
Monday was Memorial Day. Ann & I were off work and the kids were off school. Matt ended up having to work while Abby ran with friends much of the day. We did our weekly household chores and got caught up on our DVR shows, including the replay of the Indy 500 we recorded last night. Luke went to the city pool with his friends all afternoon. We had dinner & drinks at ElRep. Megan came over to run errands with Bu and do homework with her on the back porch. As promised last week, here are the pictures from last weekend’s Dixon Dance Revue.

ddr17.137b ddr17.01 ddr17.02 ddr17.03 ddr17.04 ddr17.05 ddr17.06 ddr17.07 ddr17.08 ddr17.09 ddr17.10 ddr17.11 ddr17.12 ddr17.13 ddr17.14 ddr17.15 ddr17.16 ddr17.17 ddr17.18 ddr17.19 ddr17.20 ddr17.21 ddr17.22 ddr17.23 ddr17.24 ddr17.25 ddr17.26 ddr17.27 ddr17.28 ddr17.29 ddr17.30 ddr17.31 ddr17.32 ddr17.33 ddr17.34 ddr17.35 ddr17.36 ddr17.37 ddr17.38 ddr17.39 ddr17.40 ddr17.41 ddr17.42 ddr17.43 ddr17.44 ddr17.45 ddr17.46 ddr17.47 ddr17.48 ddr17.49 ddr17.50 ddr17.51 ddr17.52 ddr17.53 ddr17.54 ddr17.55 ddr17.56 ddr17.57 ddr17.58 ddr17.59 ddr17.60 ddr17.61 ddr17.62 ddr17.63 ddr17.64 ddr17.65 ddr17.66 ddr17.67 ddr17.68 ddr17.69 ddr17.70 ddr17.71 ddr17.72 ddr17.73 ddr17.74 ddr17.75 ddr17.76 ddr17.77 ddr17.78 ddr17.79 ddr17.80 ddr17.81 ddr17.82 ddr17.83 ddr17.84 ddr17.85 ddr17.86 ddr17.87 ddr17.88 ddr17.89 ddr17.90 ddr17.91 ddr17.92 ddr17.93 ddr17.94 ddr17.95 ddr17.96 ddr17.97 ddr17.98 ddr17.99 ddr17.100 ddr17.101 ddr17.102 ddr17.103 ddr17.104 ddr17.105 ddr17.106 ddr17.107 ddr17.109 ddr17.110 ddr17.111 ddr17.112 ddr17.113 ddr17.114 ddr17.115 ddr17.116 ddr17.117 ddr17.118 ddr17.119 ddr17.120 ddr17.121 ddr17.122 ddr17.123 ddr17.124 ddr17.125 ddr17.126 ddr17.127 ddr17.128 ddr17.129 ddr17.130 ddr17.131 ddr17.132 ddr17.133 ddr17.134 ddr17.135 ddr17.136 ddr17.137 ddr17.137a ddr17.137b ddr17.138 ddr17.139 ddr17.140 ddr17.141 ddr17.142 ddr17.143 ddr17.144 ddr17.145 ddr17.146 ddr17.147 ddr17.148 ddr17.149 ddr17.150 ddr17.151 ddr17.152 ddr17.153 ddr17.154 ddr17.155 ddr17.156 ddr17.157 ddr17.158 ddr17.159 ddr17.160 ddr17.161 ddr17.162 ddr17.163 ddr17.164 ddr17.165

On Tuesday it was back to work and school. Abby had finals most of the day. Luke had football practice after school. Abby and Matt both worked. Justin & I walked two and a half miles after work. I was really hurting during the walk. We made terrible time as I labored the whole time. I was regretting that long weekend at that point. I was limping due to my ankle and back aching so we cut it short. Ann & I finally returned old Abe the Lincoln and spent some time with Gma & Gigi after we got Black Betty back from Acra’s – good as new. They did a great job with her, actually. It finally cooled off a bit that evening and we were able to open up the house over night and watched a couple movies.
Wednesday was the last day of school for the kids. Abby went out with Megan after school while Luke played football outside with the neighborhood boys. Matt went out swimming with friends all day. I got out of work late, due to a fire alarm system issue just as Justin & I were finishing up a 3-mile walk. Megan came home with Abby and ended up spending the night with us and we ended up closing the house up again and turning on the air.

addp17.05 addp17.06 addp17.07 addp17.08 sis17.06.01 sis17.06.02 sis17.06.03 sis17.06.04 sis17.06.05 sis17.06.06 sis17.06.07 sis17.06.08 sis17.06.09 sis17.06.10 sis17.06.11 sis17.06.12 sis17.06.13 sis17.06.14 sis17.06.15 sis17.06.16 sis17.06.17 sis17.06.18 sis17.06.19 sis17.06.20 sis17.06.21 sis17.06.22 sis17.06.23 sis17.06.24 sis17.06.25 sis17.06.26 sis17.06.27 sis17.06.28 sis17.06.29 sis17.06.30 sis17.06.31

We were glad we closed up the house when we came out for work that morning. It was the first day of June and Bausback’s was heavily permeating the air. That smell is just not right…we shouldn’t have to put up with that nose pollution! Ann had a doctor appointment with Guse after work on that Thursday afternoon, getting more shots in her knees to help with the constant pain. Meanwhile Justin & I walked another 2 ½ miles in the heat. Abby enjoyed the day off – running with Megan & Trevin. That evening, Luke had a baseball game vs. Waldron. He played 1st base and recorded a pair of putouts. He went 0-2 from the plate with a walk. The boys looked really rusty out there and we struggled early but came back strong and achieved a come-from-behind win, 7-6. The hero of the game was Drew with a walk-off 2-RBI single to win the game! Our record now stands at 3-0-1. Matt worked then joined us at ElRep for dinner & a drink before going downtown to a bar with his buddies.
On Friday, Matt worked at Aspen Place then went up to Indy for the weekend. Abby & Luke went off on an adventure early in the day then Abs had to work 2nd shift at Wings & Rings. I walked 2.5 miles after work. Luke had baseball pictures that evening with Abrell’s then faced the previously undefeated FC Firestone team from Brookville. It has been such a stressful week at work. In fact, it was so bad that I actually told the parents the wrong night for pictures. They were supposed to be last night, but instead we had them that night after Bryan re-scheduled them for us. Then to top it off, we prepared for the wrong team. For whatever reason, I thought we played North Decatur but that’s not until next week. Ugh! Luke again played 1st for a couple innings before re-injuring his heel and sat the final few innings. He went 1-3 from the plate but hit the ball very well: a line drive right at the shortstop, a groundout that he nearly legged-out and a big triple to right that scored the eventual game-winning run. We took the lead early and never looked back as the boys raised their record to 4-0-1 to remain undefeated on the year with a 7-1 victory. We had some major drama that resulted in one of our boys being ejected from the game. In the nearly two decades we’ve spent out at the ball diamonds, I have never seen a player ejected from a game. I’ve seen coaches and parents removed but never a kid. There was a questionable play at the plate and our boy was called out. This umpire is just a kid himself and is still learning the game and as such has had a series of questionable calls all year. Needless to say, our player was upset and said, “That was terrible” as he walked away. But that’s all it took and he was tossed just like that. Our boy was visibly upset and was quite verbal about his situation when he returned to the dugout. When I later informed him that he would have to sit the next game as well, he got really upset and both Bryan & I had to sit him down and talk to him. His Mom finally had to come in when he started getting verbally aggressive and loud enough for all the spectators to hear. She was finally able to calm his ass down. After the game, Bryan & I became teachers instead of coaches that night for the whole team and we hope it teaches an invaluable lesson to all the boys. We understand that this is a key age where boys are learning their boundaries, frustration tolerance and social skills. After the game, we ran Luke out to the Hellmichs where he spent the night with Luke. Ann & I enjoyed some patio time with Ann’s Moscow Mules as dusk turned to dark. Oh boy, did they ever go down easy! We may have had a minor drunk out as we ended up emptying a bottle of Fuzzy’s and a pair of Gray Goose bottles before our night ended. After all of this liquid medication, our bodies FINALLY felt better that night than we had in months! I think we may have to do this more often as a form of pain management. :0) Abby & Trevin hung out with us old folks after they got off work and we played some euchre until the wee hours of the morning.

lbbw17.01 lbbw17.02 lbbw17.03 lbbw17.04 lbbw17.05 lbbw17.06 lbbw17.07 lbbw17.08 lbbw17.09 lbbw17.10 lbbw17.11 lbbw17.12 lbbw17.13 lbbw17.14 lbbw17.15 lbbw17.16 lbbw17.17 lbbw17.18 lbbw17.19 lbbw17.20 lbbw17.21 lbfcf17.01 lbfcf17.02 lbfcf17.03 lbfcf17.04 lbfcf17.05 lbfcf17.06 lbfcf17.07 lbfcf17.08 lbfcf17.09 lbfcf17.10 lbfcf17.11 lbfcf17.12 lbfcf17.13 lbfcf17.14 lbfcf17.15 lbfcf17.16 lbfcf17.17 lbfcf17.18 lbfcf17.19 lbfcf17.20 lbfcf17.21 lbfcf17.22 lbfcf17.23 lbfcf17.25 lbfcf17.26 lbfcf17.27 lbfcf17.28 lbfcf17.29 lbfcf17.30 lbfcf17.31

We were up early on Saturday morning to get Luke picked up so he could work at WTRE with Gigi as the Disco Duck over in the Westport parade. Afterward he came home and helped me work out in the yard for a couple hours. We came in and got cooled down before we went out for lunch and then he got to practice driving. He drove me around in Black Betty, making laps in the neighborhood for about 15 to 20 minutes. Luke got his replacement phone in the mail (his front camera stopped working) and his replacement Otter Box case (it fell apart in to five pieces) should be here early next week, so he was real excited. I was able to grab a quick nap before he had Luke over to play basketball in the driveway, Xbox back in his room, make a fort in the family room and ended up staying the night. I took the boys to Dairy Point for ice cream (Luke hit the grass last night – a tradition we’ve had since he was in t-ball!). They loved riding in the back of Betty White there and back on a gorgeous night. Meanwhile the girls got cleaned-up and headed to Crawfordsville about noon to see Stacy & Danny at Devin’s high school graduation party. Matt stayed up at his apartment in Indy all day and went to a concert at Deer Creek to see a rap band called Future on their Nobody Safe tour. Wisely, he ended up staying up at school again that evening.
We finally enjoyed sleeping in on Sunday morning. I finished up watching Channel Zero – Candle Cove. It’s really creepy and highly recommended. It looks like they’ll have a new “chapter” this fall with a new storyline called The No-End House. Many of our favorite shows have wrapped up their season as the summer schedules are coming back – like Fear the Walking Dead, which premiers season 3 tonight. Abby worked all day at BWR. Ann made breakfast for the boys and they played inside until about noon then went out to the park to play basketball and then went swimming until it was almost dark. Matt came home in the early evening and Annie made homemade pizza for dinner. Ann & I did our weekly household chores and then took it easy the rest of the day, trying to rest up before we do it all over again next week…

smp17.06.01 smp17.06.02 smp17.06.03 smp17.06.04 smp17.06.05 smp17.06.06 smp17.06.07 smp17.06.08 smp17.06.09 smp17.06.10 smp17.06.11 smp17.06.12 smp17.06.13 smp17.06.14 smp17.06.15 smp17.06.16 smp17.06.17 smp17.06.18 smp17.06.19 smp17.06.20 smp17.06.21 smp17.06.22 smp17.06.23 smp17.06.24 smp17.06.25 smp17.06.26 smp17.06.27 smp17.06.28 smp17.06.29 smp17.06.30 smp17.06.31 smp17.06.32 smp17.06.33 smp17.06.34 smp17.06.35 smp17.06.36 smp17.06.37 smp17.06.38 smp17.06.39 smp17.06.40 smp17.06.41 smp17.06.42 smp17.06.43 smp17.06.44 smp17.06.45 smp17.06.46 smp17.06.47 smp17.06.48 smp17.06.49 smp17.06.50 smp17.06.51 smp17.06.52 smp17.06.53 smp17.06.54 smp17.06.55 smp17.06.56 smp17.06.57 smp17.06.58 smp17.06.59 smp17.06.60 smp17.06.61 smp17.06.62 smp17.06.63 smp17.06.64 smp17.06.65 smp17.06.66

Next up is our Waybac section which includes another round of pix from our photo albums labeled 7-12 which includes classics from our young family at the turn of the century – including some great photos of Mom. We lead off this week in Columbus for the arrival of our little Bu in September 1999; then Abby’s first Christmas on Main St in December 1999; next we head down to Treasure Island for Abby’s first trip to the Sand Pebble in May 2000; Abby playing with her big brother in the yard on Main St in April 2001; and finally Matt at the Indy Zoo in April 2001.

Waybac.1999.09.amtf01 Waybac.1999.09.amtf02 Waybac.1999.09.amtf03 Waybac.1999.09.amtf04 Waybac.1999.09.amtf05 Waybac.1999.09.amtf06 Waybac.1999.09.amtf07 Waybac.1999.09.amtf08 Waybac.1999.12.afc01 Waybac.1999.12.afc02 Waybac.1999.12.afc03 Waybac.1999.12.afc04 Waybac.1999.12.afc05 Waybac.1999.12.afc06 Waybac.1999.12.afc07 Waybac.1999.12.afc08 Waybac.1999.12.afc09 Waybac.2000.05.altsp01 Waybac.2000.05.altsp02 Waybac.2000.05.altsp03 Waybac.2000.05.altsp04 Waybac.2000.05.altsp05 Waybac.2000.05.altsp06 Waybac.2000.05.altsp07 Waybac.2000.05.altsp08 Waybac.2000.05.altsp09 Waybac.2000.05.altsp10 Waybac.2000.05.altsp11 Waybac.2000.05.altsp12 Waybac.2000.05.altsp13 Waybac.2000.05.altsp14 Waybac.2000.05.altsp15 Waybac.2000.05.altsp16 Waybac.2001.04.mapiy01 Waybac.2001.04.mapiy02 Waybac.2001.04.mapiy03 Waybac.2001.04.mapiy04 Waybac.2001.04.mapiy05 Waybac.2001.04.mviz01 Waybac.2001.04.mviz02 Waybac.2001.04.mviz03 Waybac.2001.04.mviz04

Next up is our video section which includes three new home movies this week as well as several from around the internet.

And here’s a few for you, Matthew…this is what REAL rap music sounds like!

And that does it for this week’s edition of the Scheu Family Blog. Thanks for keeping up with us this time out and we’ll catch up with you again next time. Until then, have a good one. We miss ya Mom.
Later, Scheu

Leave a Reply