Can’t Make up My Mind what to Do…

We enjoyed another slower week, here at the Scheu abode. The week wasn’t without it’s challenges, but that’s what keeps life interesting, right? There was a Matt sighting in Columbus. He had a rollercoaster week, having to deal with a car issue but also getting to work with the NFL! Abby continued to race towards graduation, getting stuff squared away with her prom outfit, making plans for senior Spring Break and getting her cap, gown & graduation announcements in this week. Luke dealt with ISTEP this week while fighting with the sniffles that caused issues with his throat and stomach. He continued with two sports this week by attending workouts for football and baseball workouts. Ann dealt with her aching knees again this week, with no relief in sight. I got in 18 miles of walking and was mostly compliant with my keto diet this week. And it’s official…Abs finally made up her mind…we’ve got another Grizzly in the family!! Hello again and welcome back to the Scheu Family Blog.

It was another cold start to the week with a hard freeze on the ground and windshields on Monday morning. Thankfully, it warmed nicely to the mid-fifties when I walked about 3 ½ miles after work. Matt was back at school, teaching classes in Indy. Abby worked at Dixon Dance Studio then had dance class with Kuyhlia. Luke had football workouts at the Fieldhouse then went over to Garrett’s house for a couple hours. Ann made one of my favorites for dinner – tuna salad – yum… Matt had an intramural basketball game last evening – his team was one game away from the finals. Unfortunately, they were eliminated but he did wear his knee brace and didn’t do any further damage to his repaired joint! Although we enjoyed the Olympics last week, Ann & I were glad to have our regular TV shows back this week.

lp18.03.01 kify18.01 kify18.02 kify18.03 kify18.04 kify18.05 kify18.06 kify18.07 kify18.08 kify18.09

Ann made breakfast for the kids on Tuesday morning, in preparation of ISTEP testing. It was another chilly start – below freezing – but gradually climbed in to the mid-sixties. Matt called me with a flat tire on Bébé and wanted some guidance on what he should do about it. The good news is that it happened while he was parked at school and not on the road somewhere in Indy. We discussed possible options as he was headed up to teach at a local grade school with a friend. He was going to try and tackle it when he got done with school. Abby job shadowed at Stradley’s then worked at BWR after school. Luke felt he did pretty well on the ISTEP at school then had fun working out at the Fieldhouse for football. I walked a 5K after doing my monthly EOC rounds, netting me nearly 11K steps today! Ann made Monterey chicken for dinner – it was damn good! Luke & I did a little weight lifting on his bench after dinner – I was impressed with how strong he is already getting. Abby brought home her cap & gown after work – I guess it’s official; our little girl is graduating in a couple months… ?

Ann made breakfast for the kids again on Wednesday. It was a blah, wet, overcast day, but I still walked another 5K after work. Luke enjoyed ISTEP testing at school then had a rare night off – and he promptly spent it playing PS4. Bu had Big Brothers / Big Sisters with her little buddy at lunch. That evening, Abby & Ann went to dance classes at DDS. Bu was excited to learn clogging that night! Matt got his tire fixed but also got a ticket at school for parking in the wrong lot with his tire flat (can’t win for losing!). The girls went shopping after dance then Bu went to Trevin’s until late. We officially paid Abby’s deposit that night…as she decided to follow in the steps of momma and poppa and will attend FC in the fall!

lbwo18.01 lbwo18.02 lbwo18.03 lbwo18.04 lbwo18.05 lbwo18.06 lbwo18.07 lbwo18.08

Thursday was another cold, wet day and was noticeably colder. I was out the door early for our Annual Competency Fair at work. It was dark when I got to work, and I’ll be damned if it wasn’t dark when I got home too. After a very long day, I managed to get in another 3+ miles of walking into a brisk, 35 mph wind. Ann made breakfast for the kids then met up with Matt for lunch after he had a Dr. appt in Columbus. Abs job-shadowed with Stradley’s office then drove to Ann’s work after school to go Prom shoe shopping until late. Apparently, you have to have the shoes before you can get your dress properly altered and fitted…so many things I don’t know or understand! Luke had ISTEP testing again but then got ill at school and came home afterwards, missing the rest of school – as well as football workouts and baseball workouts. I honestly can’t remember the last day of school that boy missed.

It was another cool start on Friday. Luke stayed home sick from school – the first time for him in a few years. Abby worked at Wings & Rings after school then went to Trevin’s house until late. Ann went out for dinner & a cocktail with Amy after work. I walked 4+ miles on a gorgeous evening in the low 50s then Luke & I went out to ElRep for dinner & a drink. Wouldn’t you know it – we ran into Ann, Amy & Baili out there. We gave them their privacy and ate in the other dining room. Luke drove us home under the brightest full moon in the eastern sky I’d seen in a long time. I got home in time to watch Purdue in their first game of the Big Ten tourney at the historic Madison Square Garden. It should’ve been the 2nd PU/IU game of the year (such a shame they only played once this year) but when the Hoosiers lost to the Scarlet Knights yesterday, tonight’s game became the 3rd matchup of the year between these two. It’s so hard to beat any team 3 times in the same year, but the Boilers pulled it off in a squeaker to advance to the semis tomorrow! Meanwhile, the Greensburg boys’ basketball team beat Batesville in their 1st game of Sectionals (they had a bye in the opening round) to advance to the finals tomorrow night. Luke didn’t want to watch the game with me, choosing to play PS4 until like 3 or 4 in the morning… And Matt worked at the NFL combine in Indy (how cool is that?)! Here are some random pictures from our recent adventures.

sis18.03.01 sis18.03.02 sis18.03.03 sis18.03.04 sis18.03.05 sis18.03.06 sis18.03.07 sis18.03.08 sis18.03.09 sis18.03.10 sis18.03.11 sis18.03.12 sis18.03.13 sis18.03.14 sis18.03.15 sis18.03.16 sis18.03.17 sis18.03.18 sis18.03.19 sis18.03.20 sis18.03.21 sis18.03.22 sis18.03.23 sis18.03.24 sis18.03.25 sis18.03.26 sis18.03.27 sis18.03.28 sis18.03.29 sis18.03.30 sis18.03.31 sis18.03.32 sis18.03.33 sis18.03.34 sis18.03.35 sis18.03.36

Matt was up early on Saturday morning and back at Lucas Oil Stadium to work the 2nd day of the NFL Scouting Combine. It was a frosty morning but warmed nicely into the upper 50s with loads of that warm sun! Luke & I ran errands around town then went junking downtown (where we found some vintage HWs!). Next, we grabbed lunch at the Bell then Luke practiced driving for about two hours out in the country. He also got in a little in-town driving and even a little highway time. He did great and is way ahead of where the other two were at when they were his age. Abby & Ann made Spring Break plans before Abby went to work at BWR again. Ann made roast for dinner that was very good. Matt got in a quick nap after his excursion in Indy then went out to watch his roommate Aaron play in a local Battle of the Bands contest. Luke played out in the neighborhood that evening while I watched Purdue play Penn St in the Big Ten Tourney. It was a good game that the Boilers eventually pulled out in the end – and are headed to the championship game tomorrow! Greensburg defeated Franklin County to take their record-setting 7th straight Sectional title! Luke had Drew over to spend the night and they played video games until the wee hours of the morning. And Ann told me that Ms. Phyllis was battling health issues again – that poor lady can’t catch a break…

We enjoyed finally sleeping in on Sunday morning. We did our weekly household chores and I ran Luke & Drew out to baseball workouts at Top Flight in the morning. There was another poor turnout of only about a dozen kids, but it again meant that the boys got lots of reps during their workout. When I brought the boys back home, they went out with Ann for lunch and to do some afternoon shopping in Columbus. Abby participated in Bowl for Kid’s Sake then worked at BWR later that afternoon. I got in a quick nap before watching the big Purdue – Michigan game that afternoon in the Big Ten Tournament championship game. The #8 Boilers were playing on the big stage at the Garden in the Big Apple. Again, it’s so hard to beat the same team three times in the same season…especially a good team like this Wolverine team. And I have to tell you – from the announcers to the crowd to the referees…it was all in the favor of Michigan today. I thought this was supposed to be a neutral court? It sure as hell felt like everything went the way of the Wolverines. I don’t want to sound like sour grapes, but MI were constantly pushing, grabbing and fouling the Boilers; but the officials never called it. I know, I know…it’s the Big Ten…no blood, no foul. I just hate Michigan and am not a fan of Boeheim either. I would’ve liked to see Coach Painter get a little more fired up because his team was flat today. The Boilers looked tired from playing three straight days and there were clearly off their game, unfortunately. When you add it all up, you get a nearly impossible uphill climb… In the end the Boilers made a game of it had a chance to cut it to 5 with 45 seconds left…but like most of the game, the UM defense was better than the PU offense and that was the story of the game. The Boilers have had a great season so far and I am hopeful that they can go deep into the Big Dance. Afterward, we wrapped up the week by watching The Walking Dead and Talking Dead before heading to bed. We have lots of new social media pictures to share this week.

smp18.03.01 smp18.03.02 smp18.03.03 smp18.03.04 smp18.03.05 smp18.03.06 smp18.03.07 smp18.03.08 smp18.03.09 smp18.03.10 smp18.03.11 smp18.03.12 smp18.03.13 smp18.03.14 smp18.03.15 smp18.03.16 smp18.03.17 smp18.03.18 smp18.03.19 smp18.03.20 smp18.03.21 smp18.03.22 smp18.03.23 smp18.03.24 smp18.03.25 smp18.03.26 smp18.03.27 smp18.03.28 smp18.03.29 smp18.03.30 smp18.03.31 smp18.03.32 smp18.03.33 smp18.03.34 smp18.03.35 smp18.03.36 smp18.03.37 smp18.03.38

Next up is our Waybac section, which is expanded this week due to having fewer pictures two share. We lead off this week this week with a trip up to see Mom & Dad B in LaPorte for a day out on Aquaholic in Pine Lake in August 2001; then Christmastime in Ryle in December 2001; next we head down to Orlando for some fun at Downtown Disney then on to Walt Disney World in May 2002; next we head out to Washington Fields for Matt’s soccer game in June 2002; then we have a couple of the Bryan Family Christmas, a bunch of Dee & Chad’s birthday party, the girls enjoying some couch time, snow falling on Christmas Eve, and Santa’s visit – also on Christmas Eve – all in December 2002; and then Monster Jam up at the Hoosier Dome in Indy in January 2003.

Waybac.2001.08.bopl38 Waybac.2001.08.bopl39 Waybac.2001.08.bopl40 Waybac.2001.08.bopl41 Waybac.2001.12.cord17 Waybac.2001.12.cord18 Waybac.2001.12.cord19 Waybac.2001.12.cord20 Waybac.2002.05.dtd01 Waybac.2002.05.dtd02 Waybac.2002.05.dtd03 Waybac.2002.05.dtd04 Waybac.2002.05.dtd05 Waybac.2002.05.dtd06 Waybac.2002.05.dtd07 Waybac.2002.05.dtd08 Waybac.2002.05.wdwv01 Waybac.2002.05.wdwv02 Waybac.2002.05.wdwv03 Waybac.2002.05.wdwv04 Waybac.2002.06.mswf03 Waybac.2002.06.mswf04 Waybac.2002.06.mswf05 Waybac.2002.06.mswf06 Waybac.2002.12.bfc01 Waybac.2002.12.bfc02 Waybac.2002.12.cadbd01 Waybac.2002.12.cadbd02 Waybac.2002.12.cadbd03 Waybac.2002.12.cadb04 Waybac.2002.12.cadbd05 Waybac.2002.12.cadb06 Waybac.2002.12.cadb07 Waybac.2002.12.cadb08 Waybac.2002.12.goc01 Waybac.2002.12.goc02 Waybac.2002.12.soce01 Waybac.2002.12.soce02 Waybac.2002.12.soce03 Waybac.2002.12.soce04 Waybac.2002.12.svce01 Waybac.2002.12.svce02 Waybac.2002.12.svce03 Waybac.2002.12.svce04 Waybac.2003.01.imj01 Waybac.2003.01.imj02 Waybac.2003.01.imj03 Waybac.2003.01.imj04

Next up is our video section which features one new family home movie from this week as well as a few from around the internet.

Well that does it for this week’s edition of the Scheu Family Blog. Thanks for keeping up with us this time out and we’ll catch up with you again next time. Until then, have a good one. We miss ya Mom.
Later, Scheu

Comments are closed.