Throw me a Line, if I Reach it in Time

It was another typical spring week, here in southern Indiana – we had rain and wind, cold and frost and even a little dose of sun and warmth. It was another busy one. Luke had a couple track meets and a couple baseball practices as his junior high life begins to wind down. Abby focused her time on school, dance and work while continuing to enjoy the final few weeks of her high school career. Matt stayed up at school, continuing to work hard as he prepares for finals week. Ann continued to struggle with her knees and spent her time getting everything ready for After Prom. I was decent with my diet – even with a cheat meal I somehow managed to lose two pounds and I met my weekly walking goal by getting in 16 ½ miles despite our busy schedule. We have one more week before baseball games start and then our lives will get a little more complicated. Hello again and welcome back to the Scheu Family Blog.

It was a wet start to the week on Monday morning as we headed back to work and school. Abby drove the truck again, taking it to school, to job-shadowing at Stradley’s Smile then on to Dixon Dance Studio to teach class and dance with Ms. Kuyhlia. Ann had a hair appointment then brought me the car so that I could drive to the mall and walk after work due to the heavy rain. By the time I was ready to walk, the rain had stopped so I went ahead and walked on the airport grounds. But as luck would have it, it started to rain about a half mile into my walk and at the furthest point away from the car! So, I trudged forward and got in about a 5K through a steady rain. The weather cancelled Luke’s track meet vs. Shelbyville so I took him to baseball practice instead. Bryan was gracious enough to host the workout at Mesco. Ms. Phyllis had surgery that day to remove infection in her chest – hope ya heal fast, lady! As promised, here are the first batch of pictures from last weekend’s Show Stopper dance competition. We will have the final group of pictures next week, as well as videos.

lp18.04.05 adcs18.01 adcs18.02 adcs18.03 adcs18.04 adcs18.05 adcs18.06 adcs18.07 adcs18.08 adcs18.09 adcs18.10 adcs18.11 adcs18.12 adcs18.13 adcs18.14 adcs18.15 adcs18.16 adcs18.17 adcs18.18 adcs18.19 adcs18.20 adcs18.21 adcs18.22 adcs18.23 adcs18.24 adcs18.25 adcs18.26 adcs18.27 adcs18.28 adcs18.29 adcs18.30 adcs18.31 adcs18.32 adcs18.33 adcs18.34 adcs18.35 adcs18.36 adcs18.37 adcs18.38 adcs18.39 adcs18.40 adcs18.41 adcs18.42 adcs18.43 adcs18.44 adcs18.45 adcs18.46 adcs18.47 adcs18.48 adcs18.49 adcs18.50 adcs18.51 adcs18.52 adcs18.53 adcs18.54

It was yet another cool, wet day on Tuesday. Abby took Betty White to school again and worked at Wings & Rings afterward until late. Luke had track practice on a damp afternoon while I walked three miles in the rain after work. Ann worked on After Prom stuff all night. Our coaches meeting was cancelled by Old Man Messer, who was too tired to hang with his young coaching staff. We learned that Abby made the Prom Court – way to go, Bu!

Ann & I had the day off while the kids went to school. However, Abs’ psych class got cancelled so she went to Shelbyville to get Starbucks before heading in to job shadow at Stradley’s Smile. Later that morning, Ann & I drove to IUPUI for her annual checkup with her thyroid doctor. I am pleased to say that everything went great and she doesn’t have to come back for a whole year! We celebrated the great news with lunch at Shallo’s, where we enjoyed their homemade chips & dip as well as a couple draft blonde beers. Luke had track practice after school. Abby took Ann to Columbus to go shopping before they went to dance classes at Dixon. With the excellent performance at Regionals by Abby & Kirsten last weekend, they qualified for this year’s Nationals in Sandusky, OH this June! Way to go, Bu!! When Luke got home, we went to baseball practice at the ball diamonds. It was only our second one of the year. We had a great turnout as all 12 of our boys made it (13th is still playing varsity ball) that night. It was a good practice as well. Afterward, Bryan & I had a mini coaches meeting over dinner at BWR. That night, the Pacers lost a heartbreaker to the Cavs on a controversial goaltend by King James that wasn’t called and now face elimination in the next game. As promised, here are pictures of Luke’s track meets from last week vs. East Central and North Decatur.

ltec18.01 ltec18.02 ltec18.03 ltec18.04 ltec18.05 ltec18.06 ltec18.07 ltec18.08 ltec18.09 ltec18.10 ltec18.11 ltec18.12 ltec18.13 ltec18.14 ltec18.15 ltec18.16 ltec18.17 ltec18.18 ltec18.19 ltec18.20 ltec18.21 ltec18.22 ltec18.23 ltec18.24 ltec18.25 ltec18.26 ltec18.27 ltec18.28 ltec18.29 ltec18.30 ltec18.31 ltec18.32 ltec18.33 ltec18.34 ltec18.35 ltec18.36 ltec18.37 ltec18.38 ltec18.39 ltec18.40 ltec18.41 ltec18.42 ltec18.43 ltec18.44 ltec18.45 ltec18.46 ltec18.47 ltec18.48 ltec18.49 ltec18.50 ltec18.51 ltec18.52 ltec18.53 ltec18.54 ltec18.55 ltec18.56 ltec18.57 ltec18.58 ltec18.59 ltec18.60 ltec18.61 ltec18.62 ltec18.63 ltec18.64 ltec18.65 ltec18.66 ltec18.67 ltec18.68 ltec18.69 ltec18.70 ltec18.71 ltec18.72 ltec18.73 ltec18.74 ltec18.75 ltec18.76 ltec18.77 ltec18.78 ltec18.79 ltec18.80 ltec18.81 ltec18.82 ltec18.83 ltec18.84 ltec18.85 ltnd18.01 ltnd18.02 ltnd18.03 ltnd18.04 ltnd18.05 ltnd18.06 ltnd18.07 ltnd18.08 ltnd18.09 ltnd18.10 ltnd18.11 ltnd18.12 ltnd18.13 ltnd18.14 ltnd18.15 ltnd18.16 ltnd18.17 ltnd18.18 ltnd18.19 ltnd18.20 ltnd18.21 ltnd18.22 ltnd18.23 ltnd18.24 ltnd18.25 ltnd18.26 ltnd18.27 ltnd18.28 ltnd18.29 ltnd18.30 ltnd18.31 ltnd18.32 ltnd18.33 ltnd18.34 ltnd18.35 ltnd18.36 ltnd18.37 ltnd18.38 ltnd18.39 ltnd18.40 ltnd18.41 ltnd18.42 ltnd18.43 ltnd18.44 ltnd18.45

I had a good dentist appointment checkup on Thursday…no cavities! I walked three miles after a fast day at work. Ann & I left Columbus early to attend Luke’s track meet. Abby had a rare night off – we were shocked to see her at home that evening! Luke had is second home meet vs. rival Batesville. It was a pretty evening. Mom & Sandy joined us that night for the first time at a meet. Luke participated in the same four events as previously: discuss – 3rd (97’ 8” and a PB), high jump – tied 1st (4’ 10” tied his PB), shot – 2nd (42’ 8” and another PB), 4 x 100 relay – 1st (52 sec) – great job, Dukey! We grabbed drive thru and came home. The coaches meeting with Bryan & Matt got cancelled again so I stayed home and watched the NFL draft. The Cowboys 1st round draft pick was a linebacker named Leighton Vander Esch out of Boise St.

Abby was up early for her Senior Trip to Chicago on Friday morning. Luke had track practice after school. Ann went scrapbooking that evening with her friends in Burney. I walked about five miles after a long day at work then picked up Luke and went to YMCA to put in some time at the batting cages. We tried to take Drew and Skylar too, but they didn’t want to go so we went by ourselves. I walked another mile and a half while Luke batted. I surpassed my weekly goal after missing it last week. We went out for a quick bite at Wendy’s then Luke drove Barney home where we watched the Pacers in the NBA playoffs at home. They blew out the Cavs by 30+ points to force a game 7 on Sunday! Later, Ancient Aliens’ season 13 debuted. 😊 Here are random pictures from this week.

sfp18.04.01 sfp18.04.02 sfp18.04.03 sfp18.04.04 sfp18.04.05 sfp18.04.06 sfp18.04.07 sfp18.04.08 sfp18.04.09 sfp18.04.10 sfp18.04.11 sfp18.04.12 sis18.04.269 sis18.04.270 sis18.04.271 sis18.04.272 sis18.04.273 sis18.04.274 sis18.04.275 sis18.04.276 sis18.04.277 sis18.04.278 sis18.04.279 sis18.04.280 sis18.04.281 sis18.04.282 sis18.04.283 sis18.04.284 sis18.04.285 sis18.04.286 sis18.04.287 sis18.04.288 sis18.04.289 sis18.04.290 sis18.04.291 sis18.04.292 sis18.04.293 sis18.04.294 sis18.04.295 sis18.04.296 sis18.04.297 sis18.04.298 sis18.04.299 sis18.04.300 sis18.04.301 sis18.04.302 sis18.04.303 sis18.04.304 sis18.04.305 sis18.04.306 sis18.04.307 sis18.04.308 sis18.04.309 sis18.04.310 sis18.04.311 sis18.04.312 sis18.04.313 sis18.04.314 sis18.04.315 sis18.04.316 sis18.04.317 sis18.04.318 sis18.04.319 sis18.04.320 sis18.04.321 sis18.04.322 sis18.04.323 sis18.04.324 sis18.04.325 sis18.04.326 sis18.04.327 sis18.04.328 sis18.04.329 sis18.04.330 sis18.04.331

We were up early for Luke’s track meet. It was the annual Pirate Invitational. It was rained out last year, so we were pleased to hear that there was no precipitation in the forecast that day. However, it was quite chilly. In fact, it was downright cold. We eventually found a little shelter and the sun made a couple guest appearances but we never did get warm. Luke participated in three events: high jump – 5th (4’ 10”), shot put – 2nd (40’ 9”), 4×100 -3rd (not sure of time yet). Ann left to go back to scrapbooking again in Burney while I stayed behind with Coach Nobbe to watch the Awards Ceremony – at least that’s how it was listed in the program. Boy were we disappointed when the “ceremony” was the coach picking up a box of ribbons from the press box. The girls’ team captured 1st place while the boys’ team took 2nd. Overall, the Greensburg combined team won the Invitational. Abby went to Columbus to get her hair done (Jamie did it like three times before she was OK with it) then went to work at Buffalo Wings & Rings until late. Luke & I ran Coach Nobbe home. They’ve got 421 all torn up and even have a few temporary stop lights installed. Then Luke took us through drive through in the minivan and drove us home. After a short nap, we got up and mowed/trimmed at Mom & Sandy’s house. When we got done there, Luke drove the truck home so we could mow and trim. After getting cleaned up, Luke went to spend the night at Skyler’s house while Ann & I took naps and watched TV, enjoying a quiet night in.

We finally enjoyed sleeping in on Sunday morning. Abby got up finally showed us her “surprise” that she got us while in Chicago. The presentation didn’t go as she planned and went to work a double shift at BWR a little disappointed. I’ll try to have pictures of her little surprise next week. Luke came home about midmorning from Skylar’s house. We got up and did our weekly household chores. It was a cold day that started with a frost warning. We took a couple naps and watched our DVR’ed shows, taking it easy and trying to keep warm with blankets and the dogs throughout the afternoon. Ann made salmon patties, tater tots and cheesy broccoli for dinner. Afterward, Mom, Sandy & Pixie came over to visit. Gigi, Luke & I walked to the station and got the Crossfire fired up after a long winter’s nap. Luke & I jumped it with our charger and then took it uptown for spin with the top down. We aired up the tires, vacuumed the car out and let it run so the battery would charge back up. Luke even took it for spin around town and a couple trips around the neighborhood. Luke rearranged the playroom and his workstation and played Fortnight. Ann & I watched Fear the Walking Dead / Talking Dead before calling it a night. We have lots of social media pictures to share this week.

smp18.04.203 smp18.04.204 smp18.04.205 smp18.04.206 smp18.04.207 smp18.04.208 smp18.04.209 smp18.04.210 smp18.04.211 smp18.04.212 smp18.04.213 smp18.04.214 smp18.04.215 smp18.04.216 smp18.04.217 smp18.04.218 smp18.04.219 smp18.04.220 smp18.04.221 smp18.04.222 smp18.04.223 smp18.04.224 smp18.04.225 smp18.04.226 smp18.04.227 smp18.04.228 smp18.04.229 smp18.04.230 smp18.04.231 smp18.04.232 smp18.04.233 smp18.04.234 smp18.04.235 smp18.04.236 smp18.04.237 smp18.04.238 smp18.04.239 smp18.04.240 smp18.04.241 smp18.04.242 smp18.04.243 smp18.04.244 smp18.04.245 smp18.04.246 smp18.04.247 smp18.04.248 smp18.04.249 smp18.04.250 smp18.04.251 smp18.04.252 smp18.04.253 smp18.04.254

Next up is our Waybac section, which features four new pictures of Mom. I will say I’m reaching the end of this batch of pictures from our photo albums. I have about enough to make it to the end of the school year and then I’ll have to scan the next couple albums. We lead off this week again in May, 2002: Easter at Mom and Dad’s house on the hill in Rossville, Walt Disney World in Orlando, and the Sand Pebble in Treasure Island; then on to more from December 2002: Bryan Family Christmas in Indy, Christmas Day – waking up to presents in our house and then a big lunch at Mom & Sandy’s, Christmas Eve at Gma & Gigi’s and the Christmas Parade on the square; and we wrap up in January 2003: Matt & Abby trying to stay up, early on New Year’s Day and another visit up to Rossville at Mom & Dad B’s house.

Waybac.2002.05.eamad1 Waybac.2002.05.eamad2 Waybac.2002.05.eamad3 Waybac.2002.05.eamad4 Waybac.2002.05.fvwdw65a Waybac.2002.05.fvwdw66a Waybac.2002.05.fvwdw67a Waybac.2002.05.fvwdw68a Waybac.2002.05.fvwdw69a Waybac.2002.05.fvwdw70a Waybac.2002.05.fvwdw71a Waybac.2002.05.fvwdw72a Waybac.2002.05.fvwdwwp11 Waybac.2002.05.fvwdwwp12 Waybac.2002.05.fvwdwwp13 Waybac.2002.05.fvwdwwwp14 Waybac.2002.12.bfc17 Waybac.2002.12.bfc18 Waybac.2002.12.bfc19 Waybac.2002.12.bfc20 Waybac.2002.12.cd39 Waybac.2002.12.cd40 Waybac.2002.12.cd41 Waybac.2002.12.cd42 Waybac.2002.12.ce53 Waybac.2002.12.ce54 Waybac.2002.12.ce55 Waybac.2002.12.ce56 Waybac.2002.12.wtrecp03 Waybac.2002.12.wtrecp04 Waybac.2002.12.wtrecp05 Waybac.2002.12.wtrecp06 Waybac.2003.01.nyd31 Waybac.2003.01.nyd32 Waybac.2003.01.vtmad05 Waybac.2003.01.vtmad06

We wrap this entry as always with our video segment. This week we have two new home movies as well as several from around the internet.

And that does it for this week’s episode of the Scheu Family Blog. Thanks for keeping up with us this time out and we’ll catch up with you again next time. Until then, have a good one. We miss ya, Mom.
Later, Scheu

Leave a Reply