People Getting Ready for the News…Some are Happy…

With all the kids home this week, the family was complete and all was right in the world. Matt worked and got to spend time with his friends. He got all A’s and only one B on his report card – way to go, buddy! Abby also worked and spent time with her friends as well as having Gracie over to the house quite a bit this week. She hasn’t gotten the final results of her first semester, but she felt pretty good about them. Luke wrapped up school with his Finals Week. He thinks he did pretty well in his classes, but we’ve yet to see his report card – so we’ll see. He played in his last basketball game of the calendar year and won’t be back in action until after he returns to school in 2019. Ann and I had fast weeks at work. She continued to struggle with her knees and headaches but pushed through it all like a trooper. I came in to the week having gained over ten pounds from my long weekend but managed to lose twelve pounds as I met my weekly walking goal with fifteen miles. Poor Lola had to wear a collar to keep her from licking her hind end, which was fur-less and raw. But by week’s end, it looked much better. We got our family pictures back from Farren and will share them in the coming weeks. I may try to create a website with them next week like I did with our last photo session, back in 2007. The week went really fast as we anticipated the coming Christmas holiday and all the traditions that go along with it… We touched base with my side of the family. Dad & Lynn won’t be able to make it this year, which we fully support. They’re in Missouri with her grandkids – which will be tough for them. We aren’t having a big Scheu Family Christmas this year. Instead, we are meeting up with Dad & Barb next week. We also made plans to get together with my Scheu cousins, which promises to be a good time for sure! Hello again and welcome to the newest edition of the Scheu Family Blog.

It was back to work on Monday morning for Ann and Matt. Luke had school but Abby got to sleep in. I got up but took the day off to recover from my day out with Bryan and the boys yesterday. I worked on the blog but didn’t venture too far from the couch. Abby went out running around in the Hot Rod Lincoln and picked up Gracie and brought her back to the house. Matt came home and took a nap after work. Ann came home and we loaded up Black Betty with all five of us and headed over to Brookville to watch Luke and the freshman boys’ basketball team face the Franklin County Wildcats. Luke got the start at power forward again and played the majority of the game. He picked up a couple cheap fouls early, which limited his time a little in the first half and he eventually ended up fouling out of the game on a questionable call, late in the contest. All the players got to play in the game but we came up a little short, losing 25-27. Luke’s stats: 6 points on 2-5 shooting from the floor and 2-2 from stripe. He was more aggressive on the offensive side of things which also led to him turning the ball over 4 times. Defensively, he had 4 rebounds, a steal and 5 fouls. Luke caught a ride home with Grayson & Cody while we stopped off at the ElRep in Brookville for dinner. When we came home, I made the game tape to upload to YouTube and shared it on Facebook for the players and parents. That night, Matt went out with his buddy Blake who was home from the service. Here are pictures from last week’s Colts / Cowboys game.

lp18.12.03a ccg18.01 ccg18.02 ccg18.03 ccg18.04 ccg18.05 ccg18.06 ccg18.07 ccg18.08 ccg18.09 ccg18.10 ccg18.11 ccg18.12 ccg18.13 ccg18.14 ccg18.15 ccg18.16 ccg18.17 ccg18.18 ccg18.19 ccg18.20 ccg18.21 ccg18.22 ccg18.23

We had a frosty start to Tuesday morning. Matt was the first one up as he worked at Aspen Place again. Luke was the next one out the door as he went in to school early for football practice. At school, he had his big algebra final. Afterwards, he went to basketball practice. Abby had the day off but ended up in Columbus, going shopping. I returned to work after the long weekend. Ann & I both had fast days at work. I started my year-end rounds then walked a 5K outdoors. Ann’s day was full of more meetings. That evening, we went to the outlet mall to pick-up one of the last Christmas presents of the season. I also talked with Jerry about Tonya…and unfortunately, Abby has broken her transmission. He is still looking at different options for us, but we have a difficult decision to make…

We enjoyed a warmer start to the day on Wednesday. Matt & Abby had the day off and enjoyed sleeping in while Luke went to school. Gma picked up Luke from school – which let out a couple hours early, after his final. He didn’t have basketball practice. Back at the house, he & Matt played video games in the family room for a few hours. Garrett came down to hang out with Abby and ended up spending the night. Ann had a long day, full of meetings again, and I had another fast day of EOC rounds then walked about a 5K around the campus and airport grounds. Ann & I ran errands that evening and then Ann & Abby made burgers, potatoes & corn for dinner. Here are pictures from Luke’s basketball game last week vs. South Dearborn.

lbsdk18.01 lbsdk18.02 lbsdk18.03 lbsdk18.04 lbsdk18.05 lbsdk18.06 lbsdk18.07 lbsdk18.08 lbsdk18.09 lbsdk18.10 lbsdk18.11 lbsdk18.12 lbsdk18.13 lbsdk18.14 lbsdk18.15 lbsdk18.16 lbsdk18.17 lbsdk18.18 lbsdk18.19 lbsdk18.20 lbsdk18.21 lbsdk18.22 lbsdk18.23 lbsdk18.24 lbsdk18.25 lbsdk18.26 lbsdk18.27 lbsd818.28 lbsdk18.29 lbsdk18.30 lbsdk18.31 lbsdk18.32 lbsdk18.33 lbsdk18.34 lbsdk18.35 lbsdk18.36 lbsdk18.37 lbsdk18.38 lbsdk18.39 lbsdk18.40 lbsdk18.41 lbsdk18.42 lbsdk18.43 lbsdk18.44 lbsdk18.45 lbsdk18.46 lbsdk18.47 lbsdk18.48 lbsdk18.49 lbsdk18.50 lbsdk18.51 lbsdk18.52 lbsdk18.53 lbsdk18.54 lbsdk18.55 lbsdk18.56 lbsdk18.57 lbsdk18.58 lbsdk18.59 lbsdk18.60 lbsdk18.61 lbsdk18.62 lbsdk18.63 lbsdk18.64 lbsdk18.65 lbsdk18.66 lbsdk18.67 lbsdk18.68 lbsdk18.69 lbsdk18.70 lbsdk18.71 lbsdk18.72 lbsdk18.73 lbsdk18.74 lbsdk18.75 lbsdk18.76 lbsdk18.77 lbsdk18.78 lbsdk18.79 lbsdk18.80 lbsdk18.81 lbsdk18.82 lbsdk18.83 lbsdk18.84 lbsdk18.85 lbsdk18.86 lbsdk18.87 lbsdk18.88 lbsdk18.89 lbsdk18.90 lbsdk18.91 lbsdk18.92 lbsdk18.93 lbsdk18.94 lbsdk18.95 lbsdk18.96 lbsdk18.97 lbsdk18.98 lbsdk18.99 lbsdk18.100 lbsdk18.101 lbsdk18.102 lbsdk18.103 lbsdk18.104 lbsdk18.105 lbsdk18.106 lbsdk18.107 lbsdk18.108 lbsdk18.109 lbsdk18.110 lbsdk18.111

Thursday was warmer but wet. Matt & Abby both had to work. It was Luke’s last day of school. He went to basketball practice and then stayed late to watch the girls’ basketball game. Ann & I both enjoyed fast days at work. I walked about a 5K at the mall on a rainy afternoon. It was pitch black when we drove home that evening. Abby had Gracie over for the evening.

Matt, Abby, Ann & I all had to go back to work on Friday. Only Luke enjoyed the day off – sleeping in till like noon. Matt grabbed a nap after work then went out with his old buddies Joel and Blake (who are home on leave from the service for the holidays) and several other high school friends and stayed out late. Abby worked a long day then had Grace over again. Ann had a fast day then came home with a migraine and took a nap. I had a long day, wrapping up all my work for the year then walked a little over five miles at the mall on a cold, wet evening. The boys got home at some gawd awful time and Joel ended up spending the night. Here are random pictures from our recent adventures.

sis18.12.139 sis18.12.140 sis18.12.141 sis18.12.142 sis18.12.143 sis18.12.144 sis18.12.145 sis18.12.146 sis18.12.147 sis18.12.148 sis18.12.149 sis18.12.150 sis18.12.151 sis18.12.152 sis18.12.153 sis18.12.154 sis18.12.155 sis18.12.156 sis18.12.157 sis18.12.158 sis18.12.159 sis18.12.160 sis18.12.161 sis18.12.162 sis18.12.163 sis18.12.164 sis18.12.165 sis18.12.166 sis18.12.167 sis18.12.168 sis18.12.169

Ann & I were up early for no good reason on Saturday morning. She made breakfast for Joel, who wasn’t feeling well while Matt slept in. Abby & Ann went to the store to get goodies to make cookies and came back and baked all day. I did a few household chores then we ran Joel back to his car. I then took the boys to Columbus so Matt could pick out his Christmas gift at the Verizon store. He went with the iPhone X Max. We stopped at Qdoba for lunch, ran a few errands and then came home. Joel was still at the house when we got back and Amy came over to hang out for a while with the girls as they made a ton of cookies. That evening, Gracie came over to hang out with Abby again. They watched a movie in her room while the boys napped. Ann made stuffed peppers for dinner then wound up going to bed early. Matt & Abby played Gracie & I in a game of euchre, which we won. Later, Matt went out with Joel and their buddies again while Abby had her BFFs over – Megan, Brittney & Brooke! They laughed and laughed for an hour or so before heading back out. Grace ended up staying the night with Abby again. We have lots of social media pictures to share this week.

smp18.12.132 smp18.12.133 smp18.12.134 smp18.12.135 smp18.12.136 smp18.12.137 smp18.12.138 smp18.12.139 smp18.12.140 smp18.12.141 smp18.12.142 smp18.12.143 smp18.12.144 smp18.12.145 smp18.12.146 smp18.12.147 smp18.12.148 smp18.12.149 smp18.12.150 smp18.12.151 smp18.12.152 smp18.12.153 smp18.12.154 smp18.12.155 smp18.12.156 smp18.12.157 smp18.12.158 smp18.12.159 smp18.12.160 smp18.12.161 smp18.12.162 smp18.12.163 smp18.12.164 smp18.12.165 smp18.12.166 smp18.12.167 smp18.12.168 smp18.12.169 smp18.12.170 smp18.12.171

We finally enjoyed sleeping in on Sunday morning. Ann was the first one up. She enjoyed some quiet time in the glow of the Christmas tree. Grace got up and went to work. I got up and did some weekly household chores. The kids eventually got up and lounged around the house. The boys played Fortnight then went to the YMCA to play basketball and work out. The girls ran to the store for more supplies and then made cookies and Chex Mix all day. I enjoyed a long day of football on the big screen. The Colts won to stay alive in the playoff hunt. They currently have the final wildcard slot and control their own destiny next week when they play the Titans on Sunday night. I think they even have an outside shot at winning the division! Speaking of divisional champions… the Cowboys won today as well to take the NFC East title! There were several good ball games today. Ann and the kids all got in naps throughout the lazy day. Grace came over again after work and the girls did some more baking. Man, I love this time of year – there’s so many goodies in this house right now! Phyllis and Michael stopped by to give us a Christmas ornament and coffee cake. Keith & Rosie made it in from New York. Abby went over and picked up Megan and the grandkids all hung out for a while at our house. The boys played Fortnight in the Family Room while Ann & I watched National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation – what a classic! Later, Abby ran Megan back to Grandma & Gigi’s house, Gracie went home and Abby went out with her good friend Regan. We watched some more football to wind down the evening as Matt tracked his fantasy football team. The boys and I turned in early so we could get up before dawn tomorrow to begin our Christmas Eve traditions. As Ann & I discussed earlier in the week, this is a special year for us and we are relishing the time we have with the kids. As they continue to grow older, we don’t know how many more times we’ll all be together as a family at this time of year – so this week was a good one…but next week promises to be even better…

Next up is our Waybac section which features our second round of photos procured from our family photo album #17. All these pictures are from May 2004 during our vacation at Walt Disney World. We lead off with scenes from our first night at the Contemporary; then we see us having fun at a character meal in the spinning restaurant; then we head to the Magic Kingdom with Keith, Rosie & Megan; next we have fireworks from Magic Kingdom’s Main Street view; and we end with us attending a really cool show in Animal Kingdom.

Waybac.2004.05.wdw21 Waybac.2004.05.wdw22 Waybac.2004.05.wdw23 Waybac.2004.05.wdw24 Waybac.2004.05.wdw25 Waybac.2004.05.wdw26 Waybac.2004.05.wdw27 Waybac.2004.05.wdw28 Waybac.2004.05.wdw29 Waybac.2004.05.wdw30 Waybac.2004.05.wdw31 Waybac.2004.05.wdw32 Waybac.2004.05.wdw33 Waybac.2004.05.wdw34 Waybac.2004.05.wdw35 Waybac.2004.05.wdw36 Waybac.2004.05.wdw37 Waybac.2004.05.wdw38 Waybac.2004.05.wdw39 Waybac.2004.05.wdw40

And finally, we have our video segment which features two new home movies this week as well as several from around the internet.

And that does it for this week’s episode of the Scheu Family Blog. Thanks for keeping up with us this time out and we’ll catch up with you again next time. Until then, have a good one and Merry Christmas. We miss ya, Mom…
Later, Scheu

Leave a Reply