Oh, Father of the Four Winds Fill my Sails Cross the Sea of Years…

It was a wonderful week, here at the Scheu abode. It felt like the first week of the rest of our lives, now that we have a house full of adults living here! Matt continued the job hunt while working daily in Zionsville. It was great to see him this weekend, wishing that he lived closer so we could see him more often! Abby continued working in Greenwood, commuting back and forth each day. We finally got a chance to get out and play a disc golf together. She continues to stay in touch with Will for hours each night, which is difficult due to his time zone (the difference is like 6 hours). Luke worked with Steve and his buddies all week, laying flooring in Columbus each day. It was hard work, but he enjoyed the workout so much that he didn’t even need to go lift at the Y until Sunday. That’s the first time in a couple years where he didn’t go regularly. Ann had a good week of working in Columbus. It was her first full week in a while. She enjoyed spending time with her friends and scrapping this week, in addition to seeing a lot of her family as well. I had a fast work week myself, taking a 3-day weekend to get stuff done around the house. I started a new diet, beat my workout goal by a couple miles (logging a little over 17 miles) and played 13 rounds (117 holes) of frisbee golf. I enjoyed spending time with friends and family as well, which is really why the week was such a good one for me. We went to the final weekend of grad parties and the kids all came home for Father’s Day, which I especially appreciated. The weather had been hot and humid all week, but blessed us with a lovely, cooler weekend. It was a great week and I can only hope that we can have many more weekends that are at least half as good as this week has been… It was good to touch base with Tom & Ron today on Father’s Day and wish I could see more of them. I’m horrible with picking up that damn phone. I hope that I can do better this year… Hello again and welcome to the latest installment of the Scheu Family Blog.

It was back to work on Monday for everyone. Matt had summer camp at Z-West, Abby drove back up to Greenwood, Luke went to Columbus to work with Ethan’s dad and Ann & I commuted back to Columbus. It was Ann’s first day back in the office in about 10 days. She said it was a pretty smooth day. We dropped off a bunch of Abby’s clothes with her so that her co-workers could go through them all. I think there were like five trash bags stuffed full. I went down the street to the West Group to have my fingerprints and background check performed for work. We have to do it every four years for the state. The gal at the front desk was not a morning person and was a little rude. Thankfully, they got me out fairly quick and I made my way into work. I had some stock to put away and I checked the generator, which apparently ran about an hour over the weekend when the area lost power unexpectedly. I eventually got up to the office after talking with several staff, regarding events from the weekend and how it affected the EOC. I spent the entire day in the office, only coming out twice to use the restroom. It allowed me to get caught up on all my paperwork as well as follow-up with a few projects and complete nearly all of my reports. I began my new diet that day – and it sucked. I am fasting for 48 hours and look forward to eating again on Wednesday. I have to do something; I’m tired of being so heavy and hate the effect it is having on my body. The worst part is that I am constantly hungry. However, I have to admit that my blood sugar hasn’t been this low in years. I played 18 holes of frisbee golf on the airport property after work. It was so freaking hot and humid that it felt like I was trying to breathe through a wet blanket. It was nasty. The only saving grace was that it was overcast and the sun wasn’t making it unbearable outside. I sweat completely through my clothing, but still managed to shoot par for the day (54). Annie had a towel and a cold drink waiting for me when I picked her up. We came back to town and ran a couple errands before I dropped her off at home. I went out to the park and played another 18 holes, shooting pretty well and ending at 49 (5 under) – but I was pretty tired…and very sweaty (and a little smelly). I showered when I got home and felt much better afterward. Luke said his day was pretty tough and can now appreciate the long days of work that Ann & I have put in every day for three-plus decades. He’s not real sure about the whole carpentry field yet, but it is great experience. Between Abby & I, we spent nearly $200 on gas that day. She was happy about picking up a new 6-pack of beer for us to try – Bud Orange. Unfortunately, I’ll have to wait until Wednesday night to try it out. Ann made Fireworks popcorn for her & the kids that night. It smelled so good! Bryan (and Abby) were awesome that day, calling and texting me their support and encouraging me to stick with the fast – which I did. We watched a couple DVR’d shows that night and kept cool. It was weird; there was some nasty weather in the area, but we never saw any of it. But when we left Columbus, it was in the low 90s with the heat index in the triple digits. But by the time we got home, we were driving with the windows down and it had dropped 20 degrees. I went on to bed that night hungry with my stomach growling…I won’t lie, today was a little rough… Here are random pictures from our recent adventures.

lp22.06.03 sis22.06.174 sis22.06.175 sis22.06.176 sis22.06.177 sis22.06.178 sis22.06.179 sis22.06.180 sis22.06.181 sis22.06.182 sis22.06.183 sis22.06.184 sis22.06.185 sis22.06.186 sis22.06.187 sis22.06.188 sis22.06.189 sis22.06.190 sis22.06.191 sis22.06.192 sis22.06.193 sis22.06.194 sis22.06.195 sis22.06.196 sis22.06.197 sis22.06.198 sis22.06.199 sis22.06.200 sis22.06.201 sis22.06.202 sis22.06.203 sis22.06.204 sis22.06.205 sis22.06.206 sis22.06.207 sis22.06.208 sis22.06.209 sis22.06.210 sis22.06.211 sis22.06.212 sis22.06.213 sis22.06.214 sis22.06.215 sis22.06.216 sis22.06.217 sis22.06.218 sis22.06.219 sis22.06.220 sis22.06.221 sis22.06.222 sis22.05.223 sis22.06.224 sis22.06.225 sis22.06.226 sis22.06.227 sis22.06.228 sis22.06.229 sis22.06.230 sis22.06.231 sis22.06.232 sis22.06.233 sis22.06.234 sis22.06.236 sis22.06.237 sis22.06.238 sis22.06.239 sis22.06.240 sis22.06.241 sis22.06.242 sis22.06.243 sis22.06.244 sis22.06.245 sis22.06.246 sis22.06.247 sis22.06.248 sis22.06.249 sis22.06.250 sis22.06.251 sis22.06.252 sis22.06.253 sis22.06.254 sis22.06.255 sis22.06.256 sis22.06.257 sis22.06.258 sis22.06.259 sis22.06.260 sis22.06.261 sis22.06.262 sis22.06.263 sis22.06.264 sis22.06.265 sis22.06.266 sis22.06.267 sis22.06.268

When I let the dogs out on Tuesday morning, there was a wall of heat that smacked us in the faces. The windows on the screen door were already fogged up and when Ann & I went to start Black Betty that morning, her glasses fogged up as well. I think we set a record for heat that day when temps topped out near 100 degrees. The heat index was much higher as the humidity was stupid that day. Luke returned to work that morning in Columbus with Steve and Brayden and Abs commuted up to Greenwood again as well. Aren’t we just the little working family? 😊 I continued my 48-hour fast by not eating all day. But I’ll tell you this; it was all I could think about. I had trouble focusing on my work at times due to being so hungry. I’m not sure I’ll continue this length next week. I think I can do 24 hours OK, but the 48 was a bit of a stretch for me. I helped a few people with IT issues in the morning and was able to stay focused on my work in the afternoon. Justin & I left a little early that afternoon to go play a round of frisbee golf. The conditions were challenging due to being so freaking hot. My heart felt like it might beat out of my chest at times. We finished with a 4 and 5 above par (I narrowly defeated him – thanks to a disastrous tee shot on the 2nd hole, where I double-bogied and had to claw my way back the rest of the round). He bowed out after 9 but I pressed on and finished 18. I threw a par on the 2nd half, despite being drained, sweaty and extremely hungry! Justin would later say that he nearly passed out after he left me on his motorcycle and had to stop back at work and rest under a shade tree for a few minutes. By the time we got home that evening, I wasn’t even interested in going out to play more golf. Instead, I showered, took Ann to Beach for a meeting and flopped on the couch to edit pictures. Ann met with the gals that are taking over the After-Prom lead. They did a close-out and now she is completely out of the loop. Congratulations honey – you graduated too! LOL. When I picked her up afterward, we went over to Mom & Sandy’s house to visit with Keith & Rosie for a couple hours. I made it through my 48-hour fast and 6 minutes later (hey, the 48 hours were up man!), I enjoyed a couple pieces of cold, leftover Pizza King pizza. It was the best damn pizza I’d had in years! 😊 I did good, only having a couple carrot sticks after that and allowed my body to ease back into eating, as Bryan urged me. When we got back and got into our comfy clothes, we watched another episode of The Staircase on HBO and called it a night. Luke, who came home to shower and nap, came over to Gma & Gigi’s house as well. He said the work is really hard and he’s not sure if he could do it the rest of his life. Abs visited Keith & Rosie as well, stopping by on her way home from work. She spent her evening meal-prepping for the rest of the week, playing online video games with Matt and of course talking to Will until late in the evening.

Wednesday was another scorcher. I’m not sure if we set a record for that day in history again, but it had to be close. It was more of the same, as far as work goes. Luke returned to Columbus to do flooring with Steve at Columbus East high school. Abs drove back up to Greenwood to work at Sly Fox that day. And Annie and I commuted back to Columbus for another Humpday in the healthcare field. Julie came over that day to clean the house and it looked great when we got home. I had a fast morning, teaching a new hire orientation class that morning. Vic & I went out to lunch at Marco’s pizza. We were the only ones in there the whole time, but the manager said that it’s usually pretty busy – especially during school. I came back and only had time to do a couple things before I picked up Annie and we went to see Jami and get our monthly haircuts. I grabbed a couple things at Best Buy while Ann was finishing up and then had time to talk with our HVAC contractor (who I had to call in due to losing a pair of cooling units that fed the Nursing Station, the Med Room and most importantly – the Penthouse (where Justin & I have our office!) before making progress on a couple projects the rest of my day. After work, I went across the street to play a couple rounds of disc golf. It was another hot / humid afternoon with air quality warnings, excessive heat warnings, etc. You get the picture – it was freakin’ hot. The main difference, though, was that there was a decent breeze, which made it MUCH more bearable than yesterday. And my scores showed it, as I threw a 1-over and a 1-under to end with a 54 (par) for 18 holes that afternoon. I dropped Annie at home and then went out to the park to get in a second 18 holes of frisbee golf. I threw a pair of 23s to end with a 46 (6 under par), putting a cap on a long day with 4 ½ miles of exercise and over 15K steps. I showered and grabbed a couple oranges for dinner. Unfortunately, it only made me hungry and I wound up having a few pieces of pizza later. Abs came home and pretty much stayed in her room that evening. Luke was in a good mood and said he liked carpentry a little more that evening. He sat and talked with us for an hour or two and even watched a show with us. Later, Ann watered her trees out back, I finished editing pictures for this week’s blog entry and we watched another episode of The Staircase on HBO Max before falling asleep with the dogs. It was a nice, quiet evening. The house stayed pretty cool despite the obscene temps that night (I think the low was 80 overnight!). We have lots of social media pictures to share this week.

smp22.06.165 smp22.06.166 smp22.06.167 smp22.06.168 smp22.06.169 smp22.06.170 smp22.06.171 smp22.06.172 smp22.06.173 smp22.06.174 smp22.06.175 smp22.06.176 smp22.06.177 smp22.06.178 smp22.06.179 smp22.06.180 smp22.06.181 smp22.06.182 smp22.06.183 smp22.06.184 smp22.06.185 smp22.06.186 smp22.06.187 smp22.06.188 smp22.06.189 smp22.06.190 smp22.06.191 smp22.06.192 smp22.06.193 smp22.06.194 smp22.06.195 smp22.06.196 smp22.06.197 smp22.06.198 smp22.06.199 smp22.06.200 smp22.06.201 smp22.06.202 smp22.06.203 smp22.06.204 smp22.06.205 smp22.06.206 smp22.06.207 smp22.06.208 smp22.06.209 smp22.06.210 smp22.06.211 smp22.06.212 smp22.06.213 smp22.06.214 smp22.06.215 smp22.06.216 smp22.06.217 smp22.06.218 smp22.06.219 smp22.06.220 smp22.06.221 smp22.06.222 smp22.06.223 smp22.06.224 smp22.06.225 smp22.06.226 smp22.06.227 smp22.06.228 smp22.06.229 smp22.06.230 smp22.06.231 smp22.06.232 smp22.06.233 smp22.06.234 smp22.06.235 smp22.06.236 smp22.06.237 smp22.06.238 smp22.06.239 smp22.06.240 smp22.06.241 smp22.06.242 smp22.06.243 smp22.06.244 smp22.06.245 smp22.06.246 smp22.06.247 smp22.06.248 smp22.06.249 smp22.06.250 smp22.06.251 smp22.06.252 smp22.06.253 smp22.06.254 smp22.06.255 smp22.06.256 smp22.06.257 smp22.06.258 smp22.06.259 smp22.06.260 smp22.06.261 smp22.06.262 smp22.06.263

On Thursday, it was more of the same with this blessed heat and humidity. I think it was the worst day of the week so far. Everyone worked again that day. Matt in Zionsville, Abby in Greenwood and Luke, Ann & I in Columbus. Ann spent most of her day in meetings, she said. I had a busy morning, doing my weekly rounds, then went to lunch with Vic at the Ye Olde Fish House. It was delicious. I finished my Safety Committee report that afternoon and got out late. It only allowed enough time for me to play just 9 holes of disc golf. There was another group out playing, which was cool. There was a strong breeze, which made things challenging. Although I bogied the two holes (2 & 6l that I think are the hardest. But, for the first time, I birdied 3 holes, which left me with a 1-under for 9. I picked up Ann and we headed back home. I dropped her off and went back out to the park for another round of frisbee golf. It was pretty breezy out there but managed to throw a 24 on the front 9 before heading back around to play the back nine. But my shot was going great…until the wind caught it…and blew it into the pond. I dug through the thicket and searched in the water until I finally found it. By that time, it had sunk a few inches below the water, but went back to the car and got the extending tool that Ann got me and was able to eventually dig it out. It was nasty and stinky after coming out of the cesspool and I was filthy, sweaty and out of breath. So, I called it a day and came on home. I washed up my favorite yellow Leopard disc in the sink and then we all went out back and enjoyed some porch time together with a couple beverages. We staked the backyard where Ann wants to plant the new shrubs (mini trees?) along the west side of the property. I came in and showered while Ann began cooking sloppy joe for her pitch-in at scrapbooking this weekend. She was short of a couple items, so Luke & I went to the store for her. When we got back, Abby & I went out and checked the fluids in Tonya, who was making a weird noise when starting this afternoon. We added a little antifreeze and had her start it, but it seemed OK. I asked her to keep an eye and ear open for any changes. After Julie popped the breaker out in the family room yesterday, Ann found it humming and really warm to the touch when we got home that night. We switched off the A/C out there and it helped. So, we turned on the big one in the living room for the first time in about a year and ran it for a while to help get the house back to normal. I hope none of those damn stray cats go in there that night…grr… We had a find-your-own dinner and the kids retreated to their rooms for the evening while Ann & I watched another episode of The Staircase before falling asleep with the dogs.

It was a little cooler on Friday…not much, but a little. In fact, it only touched 90 for about an hour or so. I got up and got ready like normal that morning then Ann & I went through Dunkin for our normal Friday morning routine before dropping her off downtown to work at her satellite office on the square. Abs sent us a text, saying she wanted to be like the cool kids and got her own Dunkin before leaving town that morning. She was pleasantly surprised when the person ahead of her paid for her drink…turns out it was Aunt Dee! 😊 She went on up to Sly Fox in Greenwood, where she worked all day. Matt continued the job hunt while working for Z-West again that day. I think he should go be a bartender. IMHO, he’d be great… Luke continued working at Columbus East, helping Steve replace flooring in the school while the kids are out for the summer. I went to Walmart after dropping Annie off and by the time I got done and got everything put away, it was already after 10. I know Ann had said she wouldn’t be long past 11, so instead of starting work I knocked out mowing and trimming the front yard. I also cut down a limb that got damaged during the last big storm on the old climbing tree out front. After I got Ann home, I was completely over the idea of working that day, so I returned to the yard and mowed/trimmed the backyard. I finished blowing off the paved areas just as Shawna pulled up to take Ms. Ann out to Burney to go scrapbooking until late that evening. I loaded up Betty White and headed over to Mom & Sandy’s to mow their lawn. I went inside to visit afterward and thanked Deanna for her kind actions that morning. I helped Mom move a few things into the garage while enjoying a couple glasses of tea and cooled down while catching up with the gals. I said my goodbyes and went out to Rural King to get some compost. I opted away from the manure blend – don’t get me wrong, I liked the price, but I just couldn’t do the smell. Instead, I got a mix with mushrooms (and food), which was about double the price but a lot gentler on the olfactory senses! I stopped at Wendy’s for a quick $5 fill-up lunch before coming home and carried everything around to the backyard. I had borrowed a wheelbarrow from work. I wound up greasing the axle because it was loud. The cool thing is that it had two tires up front…but the unfortunate thing was that one was flat. I grabbed my ball pump and tried to air the tire up, but that was a just an exercise in futility that just wound up pissing me off. I was starting to sweat and overheat at that point, so I dropped it all and came inside to cool off with the pooches. I sat in front of the A/C at the desk and scanned a bunch of stuff in from graduation. I tried to find my new shovel to get started digging before Luke got home, but it was nowhere to be found. I know Luke broke it last year and I got it replaced, but that’s the last time I saw it. When I asked him about it, he drew a blank. ☹ I put on the new Elton John release (Madman Across the Water Deluxe Edition). It sounds great and the new (well, old stuff like demos, live – from that era and outtakes) stuff is really cool. It was already one of my favorites from him, but this takes it to another level. While waiting for Luke to come home, I ended up napping with the dogs for a little while. Luke woke me up when he got home. He called Coach Harris and found our shovel. We hopped in the truck and went over to his house where we talked with him for about 20 minutes, discussing the state of the world. When we got back home, Luke packed us a cooler while I set up out back and we started working on planting the new shrubs along the western boundary of our backyard. We decided to dig one and see how it went. With Luke & I working together, we had it done in, like, 5 minutes. Piece of cake! So, we did the next one and the next one and so on. Before we knew it, we were a sweaty mess and finished with the whole project. In fact, we even managed to fill all the holes around the yard (we may have missed one, because you know our dogs had about 30 of them!) with the excess dirt. Mom has a couple bags of soil that we may use to finish up. Abby joined us once she got home. It was like something from my dreams. A day that I had only hoped would come about previously was actually coming to fruition. My adult children wanted to spend time with me at my (our) house. How cool is that? It’s something that I can remember experiencing myself – on the other side – with my folks. But it came a little later in life for me. It only lasted a few hours that evening, but it was one of the fondest times in all my life. I can’t express how truly cool that moment was for me. The only thing that could’ve made it any better was to have Matt & Ann with us that evening…. We got cleaned-up afterward and then Abby treated us to dinner and drinks at El Reparo that night! What a day!! The kids were excited to see several of the school employees out there and spent several minutes catching up with them. I had to prompt them to return to the table because their food was getting cold – LOL. When we got back to the house, we decided to enjoy a little porch time and watch the slideshow from Luke’s graduation party. I couldn’t find it on my computer, despite searching my laptop for about 20 minutes. Thankfully, I saved it on an external hard drive. When I came in to retrieve it, Ann had returned from Burney. We caught up on our days for a while and then she went on to bed after I returned to the porch. Brayden came over for a while to sit, chat and watch the slideshow with us. I forgot how long I made that presentation (over two hours!) and so we eventually moved indoors and projected it on the big screen, watching it until we fell asleep on the couch. Here are pictures of recent additions to my Hot Wheels collection.

hwc22.06.35 hwc22.06.36 hwc22.06.37 hwc22.06.38 hwc22.06.39 hwc22.06.40 hwc22.06.41 hwc22.06.42 hwc22.06.43 hwc22.06.44 hwc22.06.45 hwc22.06.46 hwc22.06.47 hwc22.06.48 hwc22.06.49

I was up much earlier than I wanted to be on Saturday morning. After only a handful of hours, I found myself wide awake and ready to start the day. It was sunny and the temps had dropped 40 degrees as we started out day in the 50s. 😊 I shut off the air and opened up the house. It was a lovely morning. I sat outside on the porch when I let the dogs out that morning before coming inside to pick-up the house and put stuff away. I made myself breakfast and watched a few episodes of Picard on Paramount +. The kids were up momentarily to get a quick bite to eat, a drink of water and then both returned to their bedrooms to nap and rest up from yesterday’s work. Ann returned to Burney with Shawna for day two of their scrapping weekend. Later that morning, I returned to the backyard to seed the holes we filled last night, applied straw and then watered them and the shrubs real good. It’s starting to look better back there… Abby joined me outdoors and played with Delilah for a while. We sat on the porch for a while. The sun was hot, but it felt great in the shade with a strong, cool breeze. We got cleaned up and went to Walmart to exchange our propane tank and then stopped at the park to play a quick round of disc golf. She hadn’t played in about six months and it showed. She was a little rusty at the beginning, nearly throwing her very first toss into the pond. She eventually figured it out and by the 9th hole, she was doing much better. She ended with a 31 while I had a 22. I got in a quick nap, back at the house, before picking Ann and all her scrapping supplies at the Burney church. After she got it all put away and we changed clothes, we began the second half of the day – attending parties! First, we went down to the new Tree City Lube to see the Messers and celebrate Drew. He is now the proprietor of that business. We had fun talking with that fantastic family and other friends who were in attendance and pledged our “fleet” of Scheu family vehicles to Drew. TCL is now the official oil changing business for our household. 😊 We sincerely hope that he does well and the business flourishes. We had a beer and sampled the food but couldn’t stay…it was on to the next party. We went out behind the Sunken Boat Bar to see Brayden and his family, who were celebrating at Brayden’s grandma’s house. It is really cool set up and we enjoyed celebrating Brayden, the boy next door for a little while. We chatted, had another beer and sampled more food before it was time to move on again. Our next stop took us back home to see the Dances. We love the Dances. They’ve been a part of our family for two decades and we have many wonderful memories with them as the children grew up. They had a good turnout in their backyard, keeping it simple. We saw lots of people there and enjoyed catching up with everyone. I don’t think we ever made it inside to have any drinks or food (not that we needed either by that point), but instead came home to change before heading out to our final destination – the after-party party. We went back out to the Sunken Boat Bar, but stayed on the east side, like normal as we hung out with Bryan & Angie and all our friends. We ate, drank, danced, sang and talked until we just couldn’t do it any longer. Luke wound up going to two more parties that evening and stayed the night at a friend’s house, somewhere out in the country. I think he may have even slept in old Betty White. I’m sure she enjoyed that…LOL.

I was hoping to sleep in on Sunday morning, but I was so stopped up that I couldn’t breather properly in my mask – just like yesterday. Instead, I rolled over a couple times and had some weird dreams that I can only partially remember. I did a couple chores and then took my laptop out to the back porch with the dogs and we enjoyed a quite morning, listening to two of my all-time favorite albums – Led Zeppelin III and Presence. It was another lovely morning in the upper 50s. I opened up the house again, to enjoy the cool breeze and the bright, sunny day. It was Father’s Day, so I called both of my papas to catch up with them for a bit. It was nice to check in with them; I wish I could see more of them or at least see them on a regular basis. The girls eventually joined me outside for a bit and then Luke came home and joined us as well. A little later, I got started on our weekly household chores while Ann & the kids went grocery shopping. While they were gone, I watched the NASCAR truck race on the dirt in St. Louis and Matt came home for the day. Later, we threw steaks on the grill and Ann made baby potatoes, cheesy broccoli and sugar snap peas. It was so good. We cleaned up the kitchen and then Ann napped while the kids and I drove to Batesville to play 18 holes of frisbee golf. It was pretty cool and the kids all got along – for the most part. I wound up throwing a 44 (10-under), followed by Abby (53), Luke (55) and Matt (56). We hit the ice cream stand before we left the park then stopped by our favorite liquor store and picked up a couple stogies, a handle of Disaronno and a couple six-packs of new sour ales for Abs. We woke up Ann when we got back home and had some pie (the joke was that it was birthday pie because Luke mistakenly wished me a happy birthday before he went to bed last night instead of a happy Father’s Day. The pie was really good but afterwards we said our goodbyes with Matt and then Luke went to the Y to work out for the first time in over a week. Ann made cheesy Fireworks popcorn for dinner that night and we watched a few things on TV like the final episode of The Staircase on HBO Max, the latest episode of Obi-Wan Kenobi on Disney+ and then tried to watch the new series of Stranger Things on Netflix, but too many people were on it already. Instead, we flipped on Paramount+ and started binge-watching an older Stephen King series called The Stand. It was a relaxing way to wind down the weekend and great way to wrap up an awesome week, here at the Scheu abode…

Next up is our Waybac segment. In addition to the regular pictures we’ve been featuring – the 2007 pix from Dee’s camera – we have a small batch of pix from ’78 with Mom, that I mentioned last week. We lead off with those 1978 pictures, starting on Shortridge for our first family photo, followed by pix downtown at the courthouse for the wedding, out at the 40 & 8 for the reception and on the honeymoon cruise for a dress-up party…all in June. Then in November we see us at Grandmaw & Grandpaw’s house on Elmwood in November (as I remember, we flew home to spend Thanksgiving with them because Mom was really homesick) and Mom & I putting up the Xmas tree in California. It was our first Christmas in shorts! 😊 Next, we fast-forward on to 2006, with pictures of Luke with Gma & Gigi’s dogs in Dec; then on to 2007: Sandy on the mayoral campaign trail in Mar; in Cincy for an opening day Reds game in a really cool suite in April (it snowed!); Memorial Day weekend fun at our house in May; summer vacation fun at our house in June; in July: Tree City car show, Eiteljorg museum, a bunch from the 4th of July (can you tell that was historically our favorite holiday around here?), Fair Week activities, Grace’s birthday at Build a Bear, Keith & Rosie’s visit home with Megan, and Sandy’s birthday party out at the station; Muffin moved in with Sandy in Aug; Labor Day weekend fun in our backyard in Sep; the Van Halen concert in Oct (an apt set of pictures, seeing as Sammy & Dave played at Deer Creek again this week as part of their newest band called The Circle); Mom O’s birthday in Nov and of course it wouldn’t be complete without a couple pictures from the annual Owen’s Christmas Eve party…

Waybac.1978.06.pom0 Waybac.1978.06.pom1 Waybac.1978.06.pom2 Waybac.1978.06.pom3 Waybac.1978.06.pom4 Waybac.1978.11.pom5 Waybac.1978.12.pom6 Waybac.2006.12.gad04 Waybac.2006.12.gad05 Waybac.2006.12.gad06 Waybac.2006.12.gad07 Waybac.2007.03.sfm03 Waybac.2007.03.sfm04 Waybac.2007.03.sfm05 Waybac.2007.03.sfm06 Waybac.2007.04.rg01 Waybac.2007.05.mdw03 Waybac.2007.05.mdw04 Waybac.2007.06.sv01 Waybac.2007.06.sv02 Waybac.2007.07.cs02 Waybac.2007.07.em02 Waybac.2007.07.foj12 Waybac.2007.07.foj13 Waybac.2007.07.foj14 Waybac.2007.07.foj15 Waybac.2007.07.foj16 Waybac.2007.07.foj17 Waybac.2007.07.foj18 Waybac.2007.07.foj19 Waybac.2007.07.foj20 Waybac.2007.07.fw01 Waybac.2007.07.gbd03 Waybac.2007.07.gbd04 Waybac.2007.07.karv01 Waybac.2007.07.karv02 Waybac.2007.07.sbd03 Waybac.2007.08.mb02 Waybac.2007.09.ldw01 Waybac.2007.10.vhc04 Waybac.2007.10.vhc05 Waybac.2007.11.mab02 Waybac.2007.12.ce04 Waybac.2007.12.ce05

Next up is our video segment, which features one new home movie this week as well as several from around the internet.

And that does it for this week’s edition of the Scheu Family Blog. Thanks for keeping up with us this week and we’ll catch up with you again next time. Until then, have a good one and stay safe out there. Happy Father’s Day to all the guys out there!! We miss ya, Mom.
Later, Scheu

Leave a Reply