I’m Just Sitting Here Watching the Wheels Go ‘Round and ‘Round…

Abby really needs something to do with her time…. She is completely bored after school with no fall sport as of yet and doesn’t know what to do with herself most of the time. She jokingly said her sport is now “eating.” The kids enjoyed their first full week of school and are starting to do a better job of waking up each morning as we slowly get back in to our normal routine. Matt continued receiving physical therapy on his shoulder and back and began job shadowing at the hospital – how cool is that!? And Luke is all-in with football season now that baseball is finished.
On Monday, Matt had football practice after school. Luke had football as well. Luke was surprised to see Matt and his varsity teammates show up at practice with the coaching staff. Luke and the other linemen ran through offensive drills with Coach Jackson. We stayed late afterwards and practiced field goals and kick-offs. …And boy do we have a long way to go…
On Tuesday it was more of the same. Matt had his job shadowing at the hospital. He and Luke had practice after school again and the varsity boys and coaches were again at Luke’s practice. This time they ran over defensive drills with Coach Jackson, who did a really good job with the kids. We thought our practice might get rained out but it was sunny and very hot by the time practice rolled around. It might have rained a little overnight, but that only made the humidity that much worse. Luke worked on kicking after practice until it started to get dark.
It was very foggy on Wednesday morning. It was overcast most of the day like yesterday and humid as hell. The rain held off long enough for me to get the lawn mowed and trimmed at home. We have let the grass grow out a little and it has really made a difference. The grass is greener than it has been in August in a long, long time. It was so humid that when I came in, I was dripping sweat on the floor. After my shower and dinner, I was asleep early on the couch. Matt is so happy to finally be healthy. He is hopeful that he will see a lot of time on both sides of the ball this year.
It was all about football again on Thursday as Matt had practice and Luke & I did as well. We did not have time for kicking after practice this time. I dropped Luke off for shower/dinner and picked up Matt. We took the truck over to Memaw & Gigi’s house to help them move out a bunch of old stuff from their basement and took it over to the station for the WTRE yard sale. Mom & Sandy were over there pricing items through the night, despite it raining like buckets for an hour. We have some new Facebook pictures this week, including Aunt June and her great, great grand daughter; Barney, Steph and Nick with the grandkids; the new Purdue graduate, Ryan with Haley; Lindsay & Jack; Katie & Jake; Nate & Steph’s girls and Courtney & Cassie back down at the beach again. Also included are pictures of Abby, all dressed up for school, though the little stinker wouldn’t stand still long enough for a good photo.

bwg13.105 add13.1 add13.2 add13.3 fbp13.8.29 fbp13.8.30 fbp13.8.31 fbp13.8.32 fbp13.8.33 fbp13.8.34 fbp13.8.35 fbp13.8.36 fbp13.8.37 fbp13.8.38 fbp13.8.39 fbp13.8.40

Matt had football practice after school on Friday and then went to China Buffet for dinner with the team. Luke, Abby & I mowed at Gma’s house. It was still very warm and muggy. We ran by Taco Bell before heading home. Ann went scrapbooking until late so the kids and I watched movies. It rained later that evening and remained very humid.
Saturday was another hot one! Luke and Matt both participated in the Greensburg Blue / White Day football game festivities. Ann took Abby to South Decatur where they watched Bu’s “friend” Baker play football then came back to watch Luke and Matt. Matt went to the high school early and stayed all day. He and the other varsity seniors signed autographs for the younger kids (all the kids in the program had games that day – from Kindergarten through varsity). I’m not sure who thought it was cooler – the high school boys or the little kids! He and the same boys posed for senior signs that will be displayed at the football field this year. It is all happening so fast… Luke was up first, playing for the blue team. Luke was thrilled to be playing on the varsity field! He and the 4th graders were paired up with the 3rd graders. As you might imagine, we completely out-classed and dominated them to the point that we were pulling our starters before we even finished the 3rd play of the first series. First up, we played defense for 20 minutes. I am leading the defense on the field, by calling the plays and positioning players for the first time this year. It was so hot out there on that field. They hadn’t mowed in a few weeks, which made it even warmer out there. Luke started for me at right defensive end. We ended up letting them score twice. We called a huddle and told them to hit once and then stand there. Honestly, we didn’t get much out of it, defensively. We took a short break and started running our offense. Luke was really hoping to run the ball but was only able to play tackle. He was not real enthused, but troopered on anyhow. Bryan ran the offense and kept his starters in a little longer. He and I also refereed the game when we weren’t coaching on the field.

bwg13.1 bwg13.2 bwg13.3 bwg13.4 bwg13.5 bwg13.6 bwg13.7 bwg13.8 bwg13.9 bwg13.10 bwg13.11 bwg13.12 bwg13.13 bwg13.14 bwg13.15 bwg13.16 bwg13.17 bwg13.18 bwg13.19 bwg13.20 bwg13.21 bwg13.22 bwg13.23 bwg13.24 bwg13.25 bwg13.26 bwg13.27 bwg13.28 bwg13.29 bwg13.30 bwg13.31 bwg13.32 bwg13.33 bwg13.34 bwg13.35 bwg13.36 bwg13.37 bwg13.38 bwg13.39 bwg13.40 bwg13.41 bwg13.42 bwg13.43

Luke & I went to Wendy’s for lunch and Ann picked up Abby’s friend Megan. Ann went scrapbooking. Luke & I took Abby & Megan out to their friend Kyra’s house, where they attend her annual Back-to-School slumber party. After dropping them off, we picked up Luke’s good friend, Drew, and got ice cream cones at Dairy Point. The boys went for a bike ride and later we all went back out to the football field for Matt’s final Blue/White game of his high school career (all going way too fast!!). Mom & Gigi were again in attendance for this game, as they were for Luke’s earlier game. Thank you to Gigi for all the great pictures. Between her and Ann, we got lots of good ones to share this week. Matt played on the white team again this year. He started at tackle on the offense but did not on the defensive side. I was surprised that he didn’t get the start but he still played considerable time on the defensive side of the ball. He and the varsity only played in the 1st and 3rd quarters, but the best news was that our starting QB did NOT get hurt during the game!! It was the first time in three years. So we split after the 3rd quarter, ready to get out of the heat for the day.

bwg13.44 bwg13.45 bwg13.46 bwg13.47 bwg13.48 bwg13.49 bwg13.50 bwg13.51 bwg13.52 bwg13.53 bwg13.54 bwg13.55 bwg13.56 bwg13.57 bwg13.58 bwg13.59 bwg13.60 bwg13.61 bwg13.62 bwg13.63 bwg13.64 bwg13.65 bwg13.66 bwg13.67 bwg13.68 bwg13.69 bwg13.70 bwg13.71 bwg13.72 bwg13.73 bwg13.74 bwg13.75 bwg13.76 bwg13.77 bwg13.78 bwg13.79 bwg13.80 bwg13.81 bwg13.82 bwg13.83 bwg13.84 bwg13.85 bwg13.86 bwg13.87 bwg13.88 bwg13.89 bwg13.90 bwg13.91 bwg13.92 bwg13.93 bwg13.94 bwg13.95 bwg13.96 bwg13.97 bwg13.98 bwg13.99 bwg13.100 bwg13.101 bwg13.102 bwg13.103 bwg13.104 bwg13.105

Ann & I took Luke & Drew out to Buffalo Wings & Rings for dinner. We thought we would meet Matt for dinner but he was just arriving with his buddies as we were leaving. We came back and watched racing, built Hot Wheels tracks and watched movies until the wee hours of the morning.
Sunday was more of the same. Matt & Drew went bike riding, built Hot Wheels tracks and then we ran Drew home, picked up Megan and started our weekly chores around the house. Ann & Bu took Megan back up to Indy while Luke & I watched the NASCAR race. When Jeff wrecked out early and Tony Stewart wasn’t racing this week (be broke his leg in 2 places at a sprint car race earlier in the week), we began to lose interest. So when Luke went to Alex’s house to play for the day and Ann & Bu came home, we all took naps for a couple hours…until Luke came home early and woke us all up. We got our chores done, watched movies and visited with Phyllis & Dick, who made a house call to deliver some tomatoes from their garden for Ann to make salsa for Abby – yum! After all, eating is her sport now! :0) Luke submitted a couple computer works and posed for a couple pictures with his buddy, Lola. When Gigi loaned me her camera card to snag pix of Matt & Luke from football, I found a few other nuggets – including us hanging out in the back of the Silverado during the Fair Parade and then Gma and Abby doing a puzzle with Keith.

lal13.1 lal13.2 lap13.8.2 lap13.8.3 ldhwt13.1 ldhwt13.2 ldhwt13.3 gc13.8.1 gc13.8.2 gc13.8.3 gc13.8.4 gc13.8.5 gc13.8.6 gc13.8.7 gc13.8.8 gc13.8.9 gc13.8.10 gc13.8.11 gc13.8.12 gc13.8.13 gc13.8.14 gc13.8.15 gc13.8.16 gc13.8.17 gc13.8.18 gc13.8.19 gc13.8.20 gc13.8.21

Next up is our video section which features one new family video and a few from around the internet.

Next up is our Waybac section, which features a few of Mom…we lead off this week with three pictures of Grandpaw with what I believe are his brewery buddies from back in the 1940s, followed by an article in the paper from up in South Bend with the same group of men from the brewery union, over which he helped preside; then we have an article of him joining the force in October of 1950; then my Great, Great Grandma Leif’s obituary in 1952; Mom in her front yard, circa 1953; then a couple newspaper articles of my Great, Great Grandma Morgan’s obituary in 1954; Grandmaw and Aunt Lou at the beach in August of ’55; Great, Great Grandpa Morgan’s obituary and memorial; Grandpaw in a newspaper picture in ’57; Aunt Marilou helping Grandmaw celebrate her birthday in 1959; Mom playing dress-up in May of ’59; Mom with Aunt Midge also in May of ’59; and finally Mom showing off her clothes and bathing hat on her birthday back in June of 1959; Grandpaw’s newspaper articles in 1959 and 1973; Rob at our birthday party in Kokomo in October of 1981; Christmas at Uncle Keith Morgan’s house with Keith, Ralph and Grandpaw; Rob and Dad on Christmas Eve in 1982, greeting Santa in our living room in LP; Tammy throwing the bouquet at her wedding in June of 1988; Grandpaw’s birthday party at Aunt Lou’s house in July of 1988; Matt playing catcher in June of 2003 on diamond 2; Deanna, Mom, Grace and Abby at Bu’s 5th birthday party in September of 2004; Mom & Dad with our kids in their living room in Rossville in December of 2004; Mom & Dad during Week 19 with Mike & Rose and her brother; George & Sue and Bob & Jackie and finally Dad staying up late with Rob at his house in the mountains of TN in September of 2007.

Waybac.1940s.gbf1 Waybac.1940s.gbf2 Waybac.1940s.gbf3 Waybac.1940s.gin8 Waybac.1950.10.12.gip1 Waybac.1952.amlo1 Waybac.1953.mwd1 Waybac.1953.mwd2 Waybac.1954.ecmo1 Waybac.1954.ecmo2 Waybac.1955.08.datb4 Waybac.1955.08.datb5 Waybac.1956.04.hmo Waybac.1956.04.hmo2 Waybac.1957.gin5 Waybac.1959.05.cmb1 Waybac.1959.05.mwh1 Waybac.1959.05.mwm2 Waybac.1959.06.mwh1 Waybac.1959.12.09.gin1 Waybac.1959.12.09.gin2 Waybac.1959.12.09.gin3 Waybac.1973.10.11.gin1 Waybac.1981.10.25.rbbpk1 Waybac.1982.12.19.caukh2 Waybac.1982.12.24.ceilp5 Waybac.1988.06.18.tabbw9 Waybac.1988.07.18.bpalah1 Waybac.2003.06.mbc1 Waybac.2004.09.afb12 Waybac.2004.09.afb13 Waybac.2004.12.cir8 Waybac.2007.05.17.wn40 Waybac.2007.09.02.madttr4

Well that does it for this week’s edition of the Scheu Family Blog. Thanks for keeping up with us this time out and we’ll catch up with you again next time. Until then, have a good one. We miss ya, Momma…
Later, Scheu

Leave a Reply