…Will give you Three, It’s a Magic Number

What a busy week it was around here for us. Our landscape changed quite a bit as all the trees, bushes and flowers began to bloom. All the pinks, purples, yellows…and especially all the different greens were beautiful…and made it worthwhile to put up with the seasonal allergy side effects. We had the house open all week and even broke out the big fan. Matt came home for the weekend. Abby worked quite a bit, studied until late each night and prepped for Prom. Luke saw action on three sports teams, which took a toll on us all – especially him. Ann’s knees flared up again (that sure didn’t last long) and I continued to walk as often as I could and wherever I could, which is becoming increasingly more difficult. Hello again and welcome back to the Scheu Family Blog. As promised last week, here are dance pictures from last week. I do have to say that we are very disappointed with the pictures and video from Platoon. The flash drive they sold us was corrupted. I know stuff happens, but when we tried to call to get it rectified – we found they were on vacation for the week. So we’ll try and contact them again next week. The tap pictures and video are fine but there are a few issues. But it’s the jazz pictures and video that are really messed up. We are missing about 200 pictures, the ones we do have are compressed and very low quality and the video is missing several pieces, causing it to be unplayable. I did the best I could with them (including re-encoding the video to at least make it watchable but it’s still rough). We hope to have replacements very soon and will post them here when available.

assz17.95 assz17.01 assz17.02 assz17.03 assz17.04 assz17.05 assz17.06 assz17.07 assz17.08 assz17.09 assz17.10 assz17.11 assz17.12 assz17.13 assz17.14 assz17.15 assz17.16 assz17.17 assz17.18 assz17.19 assz17.20 assz17.21 assz17.22 assz17.23 assz17.24 assz17.25 assz17.26 assz17.27 assz17.28 assz17.29 assz17.30 assz17.31 assz17.32 assz17.33 assz17.34 assz17.35 assz17.36 assz17.37 assz17.38 assz17.39 assz17.40 assz17.41 assz17.42 assz17.43 assz17.44 assz17.45 assz17.46 assz17.47 assz17.48 assz17.49 assz17.50 assz17.51 assz17.52 assz17.53 assz17.54 assz17.55 assz17.56 assz17.57 assz17.58 assz17.59 assz16.60 assz17.61 assz17.62 assz17.63 assz17.64 assz17.65 assz17.66 assz17.67 assz17.68 assz17.69 assz17.70 assz17.71 assz17.72 assz17.73 assz17.74 assz17.75 assz17.76 assz17.77 assz17.78 assz17.79 assz17.80 assz17.81 assz17.82 assz17.83 assz17.84 assz17.85 assz17.86 assz17.87 assz17.88 assz17.89 assz17.90 assz17.91 assz17.92 assz17.93 assz17.94 assz17.95 assz17.96 assz17.97 assz17.98 assz17.99 assz17.100 assz17.101 assz17.102 assz17.103 assz17.104 assz17.105 assz17.106 assz17.107 assz17.108 assz17.109 assz17.110 assz17.111 assz17.112 assz17.113 assz17.114 assz17.115 assz17.116 assz17.117 assz17.118 assz17.119 assz17.120 assz17.121 assz17.122 assz17.123 assz17.124 assz17.125 assz17.126 assz17.127 assz17.128 assz17.129 assz17.130 assz17.131 assz17.132 assz17.133 assz17.134 assz17.135 assz17.136 assz17.137 assz17.138 assz17.139 assz17.140 assz17.141 assz17.142 assz17.143 assz17.144 assz17.145 assz17.146 assz17.147 assz17.148 assz17.149 assz17.150 assz17.151 assz17.152 assz17.153 assz17.154 assz17.155 assz17.156 assz17.157 assz17.158 assz17.159 assz17.160 assz17.161 assz17.162 assz17.163 assz17.164 assz17.165 assz17.166 assz17.167 assz17.168 assz17.169 assz17.170 assz17.171 assz17.172 assz17.173 assz17.174 assz17.175 assz17.176 assz17.177 assz17.178 assz17.179 assz17.180 assz17.181 assz17.182 assz17.183 assz17.184 assz17.185 assz17.186 assz17.187 assz17.188 assz17.189 assz17.190 assz17.191 assz17.192 assz17.193 assz17.194 assz17.195 assz17.196 assz17.197 assz17.198 assz17.199 assz17.200 assz17.201 assz17.202 assz17.203 assz17.204 assz17.205 assz17.206 assz17.207 assz17.208 assz17.209 assz17.210 assz17.211 assz17.212 assz17.213 assz17.214 assz17.215 assz17.216 assz17.217 assz17.218 assz17.219 assz17.220 assz17.221 assz17.222 assz17.223 assz17.224 assz17.225 assz17.226 assz17.227 assz17.228

We grudgingly got back to work and school on Monday morning. It was a gorgeous day – nearly 80! We were all worn out from the weekend. Abby had technique class at Dixon after school. Luke had his first track meet of the year in Brookville vs. Franklin County Middle School. Ann & I left work early to make the 90 minute trek, causing me to miss my workout that afternoon. Luke hurt his heel/ankle a couple weeks ago so he has not been participating in any running events, despite being one of the fastest kids on the team. So for this meet he only participated in a pair of field events. He earned 3rd place in both high jump (4’ 6”) and shot put (33’ 3”). The boys lost but the girls won the meet. He didn’t get home until after 9 that evening.

ltfc17.01 ltfc17.02 ltfc17.03 ltfc17.04 ltfc17.05 ltfc17.06 ltfc17.07 ltfc17.08 ltfc17.09 ltfc17.10 ltfc17.11 ltfc17.12 ltfc17.13 ltfc17.14 ltfc17.15 ltfc17.16 ltfc17.17 ltfc17.18 ltfc17.19 ltfc17.20 ltfc17.21 ltfc17.22 ltfc17.23 ltfc17.24 ltfc17.25 ltfc17.26 ltfc17.27 ltfc17.28 ltfc17.29 ltfc17.30 ltfc17.31 ltfc17.32 ltfc17.33 ltfc17.34 ltfc17.35 ltfc17.36 ltfc17.37 ltfc17.38 ltfc17.39 ltfc17.40 ltfc17.41 ltfc17.42 ltfc17.43 ltfc17.44 ltfc17.45 ltfc17.46 ltfc17.47 ltfc17.48 ltfc17.49 ltfc17.50 ltfc17.51 ltfc17.52 ltfc17.53 ltfc17.54 ltfc17.55 ltfc17.56 ltfc17.57

It rained all night overnight, which meant we slept great! We didn’t want to get out of bed. It was a wet start to work/school on Tuesday but it dried out nicely and I got to walk about 4 miles in the 70 degree weather. Abby was in early for Student Council with her castle project then worked at BWR until late. Luke had track practice then baseball workouts with Drew, Bryan & I at the ball diamonds. Ann was not feeling well and wasn’t up for making dinner. So Luke & I took her out to see Bu on wing night at Wings & Rings. Luke’s heal/ankle was hurting pretty badly that evening. We found some stretches for him online in order to help it feel better.
Luke missed track on Wednesday due to working for WTRE as the Easter Bunny at the YMCA. I walked about 3 miles on another pretty afternoon. Ann held an After Prom meeting after work, as the time is growing short for the big event. Abby helped me take old Betty White in to Acra’s for service that night. Turns out she broke all her engine mounts and also has a bent power steering shaft. Abs was hungry, so we grabbed a quick dinner at Panda Garden. That evening, Abby & Ann went to DDS for jazz class. One of the things that Ann & I have noticed is the loss of the old barns in the country as we go to and from work. We’ve seen several come down in recent years. I thought I would get some shots of some of our favorites as well as several other random pictures from this week.

sis17.04.87 sis17.04.88 sis17.04.89 sis17.04.90 sis17.04.91 sis17.04.92 sis17.04.93 sis17.04.94 sis17.04.95 sis17.04.96 sis17.04.97 sis17.04.98 sis17.04.99 sis17.04.100 sis17.04.101 sis17.04.102 sis17.04.103 sis17.04.104 sis17.04.105 sis17.04.106 sis17.04.107 sis17.04.108 sis17.04.109 sis17.04.110 sis17.04.111 sis17.04.112 sis17.04.113 sis17.04.114 sis17.04.115 sis17.04.116 sis17.04.117 sis17.04.118 sis17.04.119 sis17.04.120 sis17.04.121 sis17.04.122 sis17.04.123 sis17.04.124 sis17.04.125 sis17.04.126 sis17.04.127 sis17.04.128 sis17.04.129 sis17.04.130

Thursday was another nice day. I walked 3 miles after work. Ann & I left early again for Luke’s next track meet. He had his home opener that night vs. Waldron. He again only participated in the two field events again. He again earned 3rd in high jump with a personal best (PB) of 4’ 8” but placed 2nd in the shot put with a PB of 35’ 9”. Even thought we left early, they ended up starting early and we missed the entire high jump competition. We saw Pat & Shawna at the shot put event. Pat had a conference with Luke after his 2nd throw and gave him some sort of feedback/pointers. Luke listened and came back with his best throw of his career! He left the meet early to walk next door to the Fieldhouse for AAU basketball practice. Thank you to Coach Spears for his understanding and willingness to work with us. Later, Abby & Ann headed to tap class at Dixon Dance. I left the meet and went to Bryan’s house for a coaches meeting (baseball draft is now set for Monday evening), a couple cold ones and picked up chemicals for the yard.

ltw17.01 ltw17.02 ltw17.03 ltw17.04 ltw17.05 ltw17.06 ltw17.07 ltw17.08 ltw17.09 ltw17.10 ltw17.11 ltw17.12 ltw17.13 ltw17.14 ltw17.15 ltw17.16 ltw17.17 ltw17.18 ltw17.19

I had the day off on Friday. It allowed me to work in the yard most of the day. I got out my new Husqvarna mower and got in my exercise. After trimming real good, I sprayed the yard with Strike Three that Bryan hooked me up with – thanks again, buddy. Luke had the night off from track practice due to it being Good Friday. Abby was in early that morning for Honor Society before classes and then went on to the dance studio for technique class that afternoon. She somehow connived Gigi into letting her drive the Crossfire to school. She still had it when she got home that afternoon (and still does as I write this!). She & Ann drove it to Shelbyville to get her Prom dress fitted and finally got to bring it home. Keith & Rosie were home for the holiday weekend, along with Ms. Megan. Once the girls got home, we all met up at Wings & Rings for dinner. I had a few brews, so Bu drove me home in the Crossfire. We took the long way, filling up the tank and cruising around town with the top down, looking at dream home. It was really cool. We have some social media pictures to share this week: Matt & Luke; Abby with friends; various family and friends; on the heels of Don Rickles dying last week, John Geils (namesake of the J. Geils Band) passed away earlier this week; and other various pictures.

smp17.04.177 smp17.04.178 smp17.04.179 smp17.04.180 smp17.04.181 smp17.04.182 smp17.04.183 smp17.04.184 smp17.04.185 smp17.04.186 smp17.04.187 smp17.04.188 smp17.04.189 smp17.04.190 smp17.04.191 smp17.04.192 smp17.04.193 smp17.04.194 smp17.04.195 smp17.04.196 smp17.04.197 smp17.04.198 smp17.04.199 smp17.04.200 smp17.04.201 smp17.04.202 smp17.04.176 smp17.04.203 smp17.04.204 smp17.04.205 smp17.04.206 smp17.04.207

We were up early on Saturday morning. Luke & I headed up to Southport for an AAU basketball tourney. Meanwhile, Ann took Abby to the florist to get Prom flowers and then joined me up north. Abby had to go in to work at Wings & Rings all day. In the 1st game, the boys faced the All Indy Kings, winning 60-34. The coaches and parents both did a lot of yelling – at the boys and then at each other after the game. We really thought there was going to be a fight on the court! Immediately afterward, the boys played their 2nd game. This time they faced Team Flemming, which I believe is out of Indy. This was the closest game for them and the boys were actually down by 10 at one point and were down a pair at the half. They came back strong in the second half and won, 57-49. After an hour off, they played their 3rd and final game of the day vs. Indiana Red Storm (out of Waldron). They won big time, 73-37, to win their second tourney of the season. Matt was hoping to make the games, but slept in after a very long day of “celebrating” the annual Spring Ball football event on campus. Although he did not make it to the games, he did meet us just down the road from his apartment at Cheddar’s for a big lunch. While the others went home (Matt & Ann to nap while Luke went to the woods), I did a little HW hunting and found a couple new cars. We hung out for a while at the house but it was so warm that we decided to go to the Y to work out and go swimming. After getting everything ready and getting out there, we found they had been closed for nearly two hours. So we decided to go to Dairy Point for ice cream – the exact opposite of working out (as Matt pointed out)! I dropped the boys off so they could play basketball out on the driveway while I went to the park and walked for 3 miles while Ann went shopping for Easter basket goodies. Ann made popcorn for dinner and we watched Rogue One as well as NBA playoff basketball that night. Abby had Trevin over for a couple hours after he got off work. The Pacers had good news / bad news as they made the playoffs but have to face King James & the Cavs in the first round and lost a heartbreaker by 1 point late that night.

lbtsp17.00 lbtsp17.00a lbtsp17.00b lbtsp17.00c lbtsp17.00d lbtsp17.01 lbtsp17.02 lbtsp17.03 lbtsp17.04 lbtsp17.05 lbtsp17.06 lbtsp17.07 lbtsp17.08 lbtsp17.09 lbtsp17.10 lbtsp17.11 lbtsp17.12 lbtsp17.13 lbtsp17.14 lbtsp17.15 lbtsp17.16 lbtsp17.17 lbtsp17.18 lbtsp17.19 lbtsp17.20 lbtsp17.21 lbtsp17.22 lbtsp17.23 lbtsp17.24 lbtsp17.25 lbtsp17.26 lbtsp17.27 lbtsp17.28 lbtsp17.29 lbtsp17.30 lbtsp17.31 lbtsp17.32 lbtsp17.33 lbtsp17.34 lbtsp17.35 lbtsp17.36 lbtsp17.37 lbtsp17.38 lbtsp17.39 lbtsp17.40 lbtsp17.41 lbtsp17.42 lbtsp17.43 lbtsp17.44 lbtsp17.45 lbtsp17.46 lbtsp17.47 lbtsp17.48 lbtsp17.49 lbtsp17.50 lbtsp17.51 lbtsp17.52 lbtsp17.53 lbtsp17.54

We enjoyed sleeping in on Sunday morning. It was Easter and the kids got in to their baskets that morning. We got dressed up – not for church that morning, but rather for a big family picture. Mother Nature, on the other hand, had other ideas. We had planned to have nice pictures outside but since it was raining, we decided to have the photo session in our living room instead (like we did for Winter Formal). Thanks to Emily & Kathy for their time as our photographers today! We had a lot of fun and laughed until it hurt at times. There are lots of good pictures that we can’t wait to share on here next week. A little bit later, we headed over to Mom & Sandy’s house for our traditional lunch & egg hunt. It was a huge lunch as always with ham, turkey, roast beef, different cheeses, mac & cheese, deviled eggs, hardboiled Easter eggs, potato salad, “noonles & tadies,” cheesy potatoes (Ann), baked beans (Jamie), olive dip (Ann), dirt pudding, a couple pies, sugar cookies, lots of candy and other goodies that I can’t even remember now! This year Mom & Sandy had the five of us; Dee & Jamie with Gracie; Keith & Rosie with Megan; Cinderella, “Grandpa” Joe and Uncle Dave (who got a couple to-go plates and went home to be with Aunt Linda, who was recovering from hip surgery and couldn’t make it this year). Due to the wet grass and threat of more rain, we didn’t have a hunt outdoors this year. Instead, they dumped the eggs on the floor and it was a free-for-all! The boys went out and played Jamie’s redneck golf (also known as ladder golf or ladder ball)…until Luke broke one of the balls with his rifle arm! We came in and played several games of Gigi’s BINGO and then said our goodbyes and came home to nap and do our weekly household chores the rest of the day. We watched more NBA games until Matt left to head back up to school through the rain in the early evening. Abby had to leave after our family portraits and worked at BWR all day, missing all the festivities. When she got off work that afternoon, she went to Gma & Gigi’s for a late lunch then came home to nap. Later, she picked up Trevin and they hung out over here and even made him watch the Easter Beagle movie with us. :0) She brought back our olive dip – or what was left of it. Sandy had hidden it from me when we left earlier! LOL! The kids went out for dinner and Abby came home late. Luke watched basketball and Ann & I got caught up on our DVR shows and had some popcorn late. It was a relaxing evening that we desperately needed before we start it all again tomorrow…
Next up is our Waybac section which features our 2nd six photo albums of our young family and highlights our adventures while living in the old Main St home. We lead off this week with Abby’s birth in September 1999 in Columbus; then Matt playing YMCA soccer in September 1999; Matt & Abby on Easter morning in April 2000; Week 19 with Mike & Laura visiting us at the Sand Pebble in May 2000; Abby hanging out around the house in August 2000; Matt & I with Rich & Maddie, camping and canoeing at Lake Monroe in August 2000; Matt at the YMCA in December 2000; Matt& Abby seeing Santa in December 2000 in Columbus; Matt’s 5th birthday party in March 2001; and then Mike & Laura join us for a fun day at the Indy Zoo in April 2001.

Waybac.1999.09.ab21 Waybac.1999.09.ab22 Waybac.1999.09.ab23 Waybac.1999.09.ab24 Waybac.1999.09.msp21 Waybac.1999.09.msp22 Waybac.1999.09.msp23 Waybac.1999.09.msp24 Waybac.2000.04.emoms21 Waybac.2000.04.emoms22 Waybac.2000.04.emoms23 Waybac.2000.04.emoms24 Waybac.2000.05.malatsp01 Waybac.2000.05.malatsp02 Waybac.2000.05.malatsp03 Waybac.2000.05.malatsp04 Waybac.2000.05.malatsp05 Waybac.2000.08.aoms01 Waybac.2000.08.aoms02 Waybac.2000.08.aoms03 Waybac.2000.08.aoms04 Waybac.2000.08.fsct24 Waybac.2000.08.fsct25 Waybac.2000.08.fsct26 Waybac.2000.08.fsct27 Waybac.2000.12.caty02 Waybac.2000.12.caty03 Waybac.2000.12.caty04 Waybac.2000.12.caty01 Waybac.2000.12.sctt01 Waybac.2000.12.sctt02 Waybac.2000.12.sctt03 Waybac.2000.12.sctt04 Waybac.2001.03.mbdpoms51 Waybac.2001.03.mbdpoms52 Waybac.2001.03.mbdpoms53 Waybac.2001.03.mbdpoms54 Waybac.2001.04.malatz01 Waybac.2001.04.malatz02 Waybac.2001.04.malatz03 Waybac.2001.04.malatz04

Next up is our video section, which features twelve new family home movies this week as well as several from around the internet.

And that does it for this week’s entry of the Scheu Family Blog. Thanks for keeping up with us this time out and we’ll catch up with you again next time. Until then, have a good one. We miss ya Mom.
Later, Scheu

Leave a Reply