I wanna Get on the Good Foot

What a week, what a week… It was more of the same for us, just a lot more of it – sports, doctors and always on the run. Luke had a couple track meets but had to make some changes due to his foot injury and also started pitching from the new mound distance at baseball practice. Abby did her thing – dance, school and work. Even Matt came home to work this weekend and added a new “family” member. Ann had great news at the doctor and worked harder than ever to pull everything together for After Prom. And I again struggled to find time for exercising but had no trouble eating. Hello again and welcome back to the Scheu Family Blog. Before we get into the new stuff (as promised last week), we have the rest of the competition pictures from Star Systems a few weekends ago.

ltbb17.21 adpj17.01 adpj17.02 adpj17.03 adpj17.04 adpj17.05 adpj17.06 adpj17.07 adpj17.08 adpj17.09 adpj17.10 adpj17.11 adpj17.12 adpj17.13 adpj17.14 adpj17.15 adpj17.16 adpj17.17 adpj17.18 adpj17.19 adpj17.20 adpj17.21 adpj17.22 adpj17.23 adpj17.24 adpj17.25 adpj17.26 adpj17.27 adpj17.28 adpj17.29 adpj17.30 adpj17.31 adpj17.32 adpj17.33 adpj17.34 adpj17.35 adpj17.36 adpj17.37 adpj17.38 adpj17.39 adpj17.40 adpj17.41 adpj17.42 adpj17.43 adpj17.44 adpj17.45 adpj17.46 adpj17.47 adpj17.48 adpj17.49 adpj17.50 adpj17.51 adpj17.52 adpj17.53 adpj17.54 adpj17.55 adpj17.56 adpj17.57 adpj17.58 adpj17.59 adpj17.60 adpj17.61 adpj17.62 adpj17.63 adpj17.64 adpj17.65 adpj17.66 adpj17.67 adpj17.68 adpj17.69 adpj17.70 adpj17.71 adpj17.72 adpj17.73 adpj17.74 adpj17.75 adpj17.76 adpj17.77 adpj17.78 adpj17.79 adpj17.80 adpj17.81 adpj17.82 adpj17.83 adpj17.84 adpj17.85 adpj17.86 adpj17.87 adpj17.88 adpj17.89 adpj17.90 adpj17.91 adpj17.92 adpj17.93 adpj17.94 adpj17.95 adpj17.96 adpj17.97 adpj17.98 adpj17.99 adpj17.100 adpj17.101 adpj17.102 adpj17.103 adpj17.104 adpj17.105 adpj17.106 adpj17.107 adpj17.108 adpj17.109 adpj17.110 adpj17.111 adpj17.112 adpj17.113 adpj17.114 adpj17.115 adpj17.116 adpj17.117 adpj17.118 adpj17.119 adpj17.120 adpj17.121 adpj17.122 adpj17.123 adpj17.124 adpj17.125 adpj17.126 adpj17.127 adpj17.128 adpj17.129 adpj17.130

Monday was a nice day but we all struggled to get up and get going that morning. Abby had technique class at Dixon after school. I walked three miles before we left for Luke’s track meet vs. Shelbyville. It was supposed to be an away meet, but it got changed to a home game at the last minute. Poor Luke’s heel was still hurting badly…so badly in fact that he didn’t even clear opening height. Over at the shot put, he had much better luck, placing third by throwing 33’ 7”. We signed him out after this event and immediately made our way over to baseball practice for a couple hours where his heel continued to give him trouble. In fact, we had to shut him down a couple times. Ann did a little more After Prom stuff that evening and then Abby & Ann went to the store and somehow came back with a Trevin! The kids hung out in the family room, laughing and watching Netflix until late.

ltsv17.01 ltsv17.02 ltsv17.03 ltsv17.04 ltsv17.05 ltsv17.06 ltsv17.07 ltsv17.08 ltsv17.09 ltsv17.10 ltsv17.11 ltsv17.12 ltsv17.13 ltsv17.14 ltsv17.15 ltsv17.16 ltsv17.17 ltsv17.18 ltsv17.19 ltsv17.20 ltsv17.21 ltsv17.22 ltsv17.23 ltsv17.24 ltsv17.25 ltsv17.26 ltsv17.27 ltsv17.28 ltsv17.29

Tuesday was another gorgeous day. Bu went in early for Student Council before school. I ended up only working a couple hours and held a quick photo shoot for our management team. We hadn’t had one in many years and I thought they turned out great. Ann had the day off and the two of us went up to Indy for her thyroid follow-up appointment at the endocrinologist. It went very well and now she won’t have to come back until next year! She also had labs drawn and those would come back very good as well. This was awesome news! To celebrate, we went back to our roots – to our favorite pub we would frequent when we were dating all those years ago – Shallo’s. We enjoyed their chips and brews a little too much and couldn’t finish our food, taking home four boxes. Luke attended track practice but his heel continued to hurt (Ann made him a doctor appointment today). After school, Abby worked at Wings & Rings. Once we got home, we dropped off Black Betty at Five Points for an alignment and I went for a walk at the park for an hour while Luke went out to the woods to work on his fort / air soft base. Ann made popcorn for dinner as we watched the series finale of Bates Motel. Bu & Trevin came over after work and watched Netflix in the family room until late.

cbcmt17.01 cbcmt17.02 cbcmt17.03 cbcmt17.04 cbcmt17.05

Abby worked at DDS after school on Wednesday then stayed for jazz class that night. She was filling in for Kuyhlia, who is trying out for the Bengal’s cheerleader squad! Luke had track practice after school then went on to baseball practice where he pitched pretty well. We have a handful of good pitchers this year. In fact, we are pretty happy with the way the team is developing. We get one more week of practice before games start. Luke’s heel was really hurting him that night. He toughed it out at baseball but he ended up having to drop high jump. So now one of the fastest kids in school will focus strictly on throwing as he picked up discus to go along with shot put (just like his big brother did). Ann facilitated her After Prom meeting and I’m not sure she ever made it over to do her dance mom thang. After practice, Bryan & I had a coaches meeting back at the Sunken Boat Bar. It was a very warm day, but I had no problem walking 2.5 miles after work in the near-90 degree heat. Thankfully there was a nice breeze which made it pleasant. We left early so we could pickup the Pacifica. Unfortunately, it needs more work than its worth so the plan is just replace the two rear tires each year as they wear out…or maybe its time to look at a new car. We are hoping to see it hit 300k miles this year… Here are some random pictures from this week.

sis17.04.192 sis17.04.193 sis17.04.194 sis17.04.195 sis17.04.196 sis17.04.198 sis17.04.199 sis17.04.200 sis17.04.201 sis17.04.202 sis17.04.203 sis17.04.204 sis17.04.205 sis17.04.206 sis17.04.207 sis17.04.208 sis17.04.209 sis17.04.210 sis17.04.211 sis17.04.212 sis17.04.213 sis17.04.214 sis17.04.215 sis17.04.216 sis17.04.217 sis17.04.218 sis17.04.219 sis17.04.220 sis17.04.221 sis17.04.222 sis17.04.223 sis17.04.224 sis17.04.225 sis17.04.226 sis17.04.227 sis17.04.228 sis17.04.229 sis17.04.230

We had a rainy start on Thursday that brought with it cooler temps. Ann & I had long days at work but thankfully we got out early. Unfortunately that meant I had not time to walk as we were off to see Luke and the GJHS track team travel to face their nemesis, the Batesville Bulldogs. We got there early enough to get a good spot to catch all the action…only to get busted by Batesville’s “Track Nazi” and had to move. Luke’s first go at discus was great. He scored a PR of 84’ which was good enough for 2nd place! But the best was yet to come as we moved over to shot put afterwards. There, he hit another PR of 35’, 11” and earned his first blue ribbon of the season! Way to go, Dukey! That evening, Ann & Abby did some After Prom stuff then went on to tap class at the dance studio.

ltbb17.01 ltbb17.02 ltbb17.03 ltbb17.04 ltbb17.05 ltbb17.06 ltbb17.07 ltbb17.08 ltbb17.09 ltbb17.10 ltbb17.11 ltbb17.12 ltbb17.13 ltbb17.14 ltbb17.15 ltbb17.16 ltbb17.17 ltbb17.18 ltbb17.19 ltbb17.20 ltbb17.21 ltbb17.22 ltbb17.23 ltbb17.24 ltbb17.25 ltbb17.26 ltbb17.27 ltbb17.28 ltbb17.29 ltbb17.30 ltbb17.31 ltbb17.32 ltbb17.33 ltbb17.34 ltbb17.35 ltbb17.36 ltbb17.37 ltbb17.38 ltbb17.39 ltbb17.40 ltbb17.41 ltbb17.42 ltbb17.43 ltbb17.44 ltbb17.45 ltbb17.46 ltbb17.47 ltbb17.48

Luke had the day off on Friday to go to his doctor appointment in Columbus. It turns out he has plantar fasciitis and will need to do ice massages after sports and stretch real good before any physical activities. We were a little worried that we might have to shut him down for the season, so this was good news. Abby had technique class at Dixon Dance after school then she, Ann & Brittney went shopping in Greenwood till late. Meanwhile it was a long day for me, including a good checkup with Dr M who started me on some meds to get rid of this darn cold. Unfortunately by the time I got done running errands, it was raining so I didn’t get a chance to exercise again that night. Luke & I stayed home through a nasty storm which included a tornado warning with the sirens and nickel and quarter-sized hail. Thankfully, we were safe and there was no noticeable damage to the house or vehicles. Even better – the new season of Ancient Aliens premiered that night!
It rained and stormed all night and all Saturday morning, causing the Greensburg Invitational (Luke’s 8-way track meet) to be cancelled. There was no baseball practice that morning…and no basketball tournament this weekend either – so Luke had a nice, 3-day weekend to rest his ailing foot. It finally stopped raining at some point after lunch and it dried up enough for me to get out and mow & trim the yard. Luke bailed on me again, taking his friend Laryssa to the movies. Meanwhile, Ann got up and went scrapbooking in Burney for several hours. Abby bummed around the house before going in to work at BWR that afternoon until late. Matt came home briefly in the morning and then went to work at Aspen Place. He informed him that he and his roommates adopted a kitten from the pound. That was very sweet but should also be interesting… When he got home we went out to dinner at Wings & Rings. Thankfully we went late enough that Abs was just finishing her shift when she sat us and was able join us for a nice dinner. The family was whole again and all was right in the world, even it was briefly. I have to admit it was cool to have a beer with my boy. Abby went out with Trevin and their friends until late. We have lots of new social media pictures to share this week.

smp17.04.249 smp17.04.250 smp17.04.251 smp17.04.252 smp17.04.253 smp17.04.254 smp17.04.255 smp17.04.256 smp17.04.257 smp17.04.258 smp17.04.259 smp17.04.260 smp17.04.261 smp17.04.262 smp17.04.263 smp17.04.264 smp17.04.265 smp17.04.266 smp17.04.267 smp17.04.268 smp17.04.269 smp17.04.270 smp17.04.271 smp17.04.272 smp17.04.273 smp17.04.274 smp17.04.275 smp17.04.276 smp17.04.277

We enjoyed sleeping in on Sunday morning before eventually getting up and doing our weekly household chores. Matt was able to spend a couple hours with us before going to have lunch with Gma & Gigi and heading back up to school to study for finals, which begin next week. Good luck, little buddy! We forced Luke to stay off his feet as much as we could for the 3rd and final day (which he didn’t like). Abby worked the first shift at BWR and got home at a decent time. She had Trevin and his friend over for dinner. They hung out in the family room for awhile before going fishing after it stopped raining. We got caught up on our DVR shows and took it easy all day, trying to stay cool in front of the fans on a really humid day. After having Ann’s jalapeño popper dip with our dinner, we had some ice cream later that put the perfect cap on a relaxing weekend.
Next up is our Waybac section which has another batch of pix from our second set of 6 photo albums of our young family at the turn of the century in our Main St home. We lead off this week down in FLA in May 1999 – first at the Wilderness Lodge at WDW in Orlando for Breakfast with Pooh with Mom & Dad and then at the Sand Pebble at the Gulf of Mexico in Treasure Island on Week 19 with Mom, Dad and Mike & Laura; then Matt heads to North Vernon to see the Jeff Gordon championship car and back at the Main St home – both in June 1999; then Matt’s fourth birthday party on Main St in March 2000; next we head out to the new YMCA t-ball field in June 2000; then we have Mom & Sandy pulling Matt & Abby in the 4th of July parade downtown in July 2000; next we have Abby’s first birthday party on Main St in September 2000; then Santa visited WTRE in December 2000; next we have our Christmas party on Main St in December 2000; and finally we have one of Ann’s 29th birthdays :0) (I forget how many years we celebrated that one) on Main St in January 2001.

Waybac.1999.05.bwp31 Waybac.1999.05.bwp32 Waybac.1999.05.bwp33 Waybac.1999.05.bwp34 Waybac.1999.05.mdmsp05 Waybac.1999.05.mlspv05 Waybac.1999.05.mlspv06 Waybac.1999.05.mlspv07 Waybac.1999.05.mlspv08 Waybac.1999.05.mlspv09 Waybac.1999.06.mjgc11 Waybac.1999.06.moms11 Waybac.1999.06.moms12 Waybac.2000.03.mbdpoms27 Waybac.2000.03.mbdpoms28 Waybac.2000.03.mbdpoms29 Waybac.2000.03.mbdpoms30 Waybac.2000.06.mytb31 Waybac.2000.06.mytb32 Waybac.2000.06.mytb33 Waybac.2000.06.mytb34 Waybac.2000.06.mytb35 Waybac.2000.07.fojp31 Waybac.2000.07.fojp32 Waybac.2000.07.fojp33 Waybac.2000.07.fojp34 Waybac.2000.07.fojp35 Waybac.2000.09.afbdpoms31 Waybac.2000.09.afbdpoms32 Waybac.2000.09.afbdpoms33 Waybac.2000.09.afbdpoms34 Waybac.2000.12.cats31 Waybac.2000.12.cats32 Waybac.2000.12.cats33 Waybac.2000.12.cats34 Waybac.2000.12.cpoms31 Waybac.2000.12.cpoms32 Waybac.2000.12.cpoms33 Waybac.2000.12.cpoms34 Waybac.2001.01.abdpoms31 Waybac.2001.01.abdpoms32 Waybac.2001.01.abdpoms33 Waybac.2001.01.abdpoms34

Next up is our video segment, which includes one new family movie this week as well as several from around the internet.

And that does it for this week’s episode of the Scheu Family Blog. Thanks for keeping up with us this time out and we’ll catch up with you again next time. Until then, have a good one. We miss ya, Mom.
Later, Scheu

Leave a Reply