The Mercury’s Rising…and there Ain’t no Disguising

It’s that time of year again…the summer is waning and the new school year is just around the corner. It is sad that the kids’ summer break is almost over already. Ann got the kids all signed up for school…except Matt who has to literally wait until he finishes his summer school classes before he can even register for classes this fall. Abby is all set for her final year’s dance classes. She will have three dances at Dixon this year – including a competition tap duo with Kirsten, a competition small group jazz routine (same group as last year) and then a special duet with her friend and dance mentor, Kuyhlia. It was another hot week up around 90 degrees every day but at least the humidity was lower. We had a little less rain this week as well. Matt again stayed up at his apartment all week and came home on the weekend to work. His class in Muncie is now done so he just has the night class at UI for the next few weeks. Hell, who knows, we might actually see more of him now for a little while before his fall semester kicks in!? Abby enjoyed her final week off of school, focusing this week on soccer and work. Luke just had football this week and he is very excited about it right now. The coaches are optimistic that they will have a good team this year – it reminds me a little of my junior high team with a little bit of buzz around this group of boys and the thought that they might be able to do something special if they all stick together over the next 5 years. Ann continued to fight headaches and her knees this week and I surpassed my walking goal of 15 miles. Hello again and welcome back to the Scheu Family Blog.
Matt was up early and out the door to work at Aspen on Monday morning then drove up to Indy for night school at UI, staying at his campus apartment that night. Abby came home from spending the night at Trevin’s house and had to work at Wings and Rings. Luke lifted at home in AM then had football practice (first with pads) that night. The dogs went to the spa for the day where the groomer did a great job with their hair. Ann & I went back to work on a long day (typical Monday). I walked 3 miles afterward on yet another hot, 90-degree day. It was still super humid but thankfully it would be the last day to endure it. Ann made a delicious dinner of salmon patties, rigatoni and baked sugar snap peas with crumbles – mmm… Ann controlled the remote that night because it was Shark Week…so I began scanning pictures – and I saw some great photos. So far there is a small batch of old Mom & Sandy pictures and then we have photo albums 13, 14 & 15 – which are from 2001, 2002 and just a touch of 2003…should be a great batch! I decided to stick to just 3 albums this time because they are so much bigger. That will leave me with just 3 more to go before we get in to digital pictures (that’s when we made the upgrade to our DSLR camera). Anyhow, Lola & Molly came back from Julie’s all pretty and were very excited about their new cuts. You should’ve seen how happy they were to be home but quickly found the couches and fell fast asleep after such a big day for them. As promised, here are a few pix from Gigi’s bday party last weekend.

Waybac.1989.awfcf02 gbso17.01 gbso17.02 gbso17.03 gbso17.04 gbso17.05 gbso17.06 gbso17.07 gbso17.08 gbso17.09 gbso17.10 gbso17.11 gbso17.12

It was noticeably cooler on Tuesday. Abby drove up to U Indy to spend the day with Matt. He met up with her when he got home from school in Muncie and they ended up going downtown to the Circle Center Mall and ate at Dick’s Last Resort. Matt stayed up at school and Bu ended up over at Trevin’s until late. Luke had football practice where I joined him on the junior high field in order to learn some of the defensive terminology so that I can be more effective with my role of being the “eye in the sky” with Bryan. After work, I again walked 3 miles and Ann enjoyed another night of Shark Week which allowed me to scan pictures and watch movies on the laptop.
The humidity made a brief return on Wednesday but quickly dissipated after a little rain. Matt enjoyed the day off. Abby had a sweaty soccer practice where she “nearly died” then had dance class at Dixon with Mary. Luke had football practice that night and I walked three miles after work. Ann worked in the Greensburg office. Between Ann’s knees and the blister I’ve developed on the bottom of my foot from my new shoes, we look like Weebles wobbling around the house tonight! Today was Gigi’s official birthday so the gals went to the casino. Her birthday present finally came in today and so we ran it over to her while picking up Luke from practice. It was more Shark Week that night so I retreated to the family room again for more scanning and watching movies on the laptop – and staying up way too late. Here are some random pictures from this week’s adventures.

sis17.07.85 sis17.07.86 sis17.07.87 sis17.07.88 sis17.07.89 sis17.07.90 sis17.07.91 sis17.07.92 sis17.07.93 sis17.07.94 sis17.07.95 sis17.07.96 sis17.07.97 sis17.07.98 sis17.07.99 sis17.07.100 sis17.07.101 sis17.07.102 sis17.07.103 sis17.07.104 sis17.07.105 sis17.07.106 sis17.07.107 sis17.07.108 sis17.07.109 sis17.07.110 sis17.07.111 sis17.07.112 sis17.07.113 sis17.07.114 sis17.07.115 sis17.07.116 sis17.07.117 sis17.07.118 sis17.07.119 sis17.07.120 sis17.07.121 sis17.07.122 sis17.07.123 sis17.07.124

Thursday was another warm day around 90. Abby missed soccer practice due to another nasty headache after taking Luke to ElRep for lunch. Luke had football practice that night and Ann worked late again. Matt finished up his class at Muncie and now just has one class the rest of the summer…and doesn’t have to drive to Muncie any longer. Justin & I walked three miles after work. We ended up getting takeout from Dairy Point for dinner that evening after the kids bugged me incessantly. Once again, Ann enjoyed Shark Week and I finished up scanning our new pictures for our Waybac segment. We ended up with nearly 1700 new pictures scanned in which only span about a year and a half – from May, 2001 to January, 2003. We also have some special pictures sprinkled in of really old ones from Mom & Sandy that I can’t wait to start sharing this week. There are a handful of pictures that Sandy said I could archive but not share, which I will honor – LOL.
Ann took Friday off to go shopping with Abby and then went scrapbooking until late in Burney. I had a long day of monthly rounds then walked another 3 miles in 90-degree heat to meet and slightly exceed my goal of 15 miles this week. Matt returned from school but had to work all day before going out with friends until late, so we really didn’t see much of him. Abby had to go in to work late in the day then hung out at Trevin’s where she fell asleep. Luke had a rare day off from football for some reason so he lifted here at the house, rearranged his room and played with his shoes all day. With everyone else out doing their thing, Luke & I went to Wendy’s for a quiet dinner then came home and watched the new King Kong movie.

smp17.07.154 smp17.07.155 smp17.07.156 smp17.07.157 smp17.07.158 smp17.07.159 smp17.07.160 smp17.07.161 smp17.07.162 smp17.07.163 smp17.07.164 smp17.07.165 smp17.07.166 smp17.07.167 smp17.07.168 smp17.07.169 smp17.07.170 smp17.07.171 smp17.07.172 smp17.07.173 smp17.07.174 smp17.07.175 smp17.07.176 smp17.07.177 smp17.07.178 smp17.07.179 smp17.07.180 smp17.07.181 smp17.07.182 smp17.07.183 smp17.07.184 smp17.07.185 smp17.07.186 smp17.07.187 smp17.07.188 smp17.07.189 smp17.07.190 smp17.07.191 smp17.07.192 smp17.07.193 smp17.07.194 smp17.07.195 smp17.07.196 smp17.07.197 smp17.07.198 smp17.07.199 smp17.07.200 smp17.07.201 smp17.07.202 smp17.07.203 smp17.07.204 smp17.07.205 smp17.07.206 smp17.07.207 smp17.07.208 smp17.07.209 smp17.07.210 smp17.07.211

Ann got up fairly early and was off again to Burney to scrapbook on Saturday. Matt & Bu both had to work. Meanwhile, Luke & I got up and did our normal weekend routine – worked in the yard, mowing & trimming then had lunch at Taco Bell before going HW hunting / junking and then practiced driving in Betty White. We also picked up Tonya and got her oil changed while Abs was at work then came home and cooled down inside and took a nap. Matt got off work and went for a 5-mile run through town. Ann, Luke & I went to watch Abby play soccer at the annual alumni scrimmage. Bu played midfield wing, getting a pair of shots on goal but came up short to the Alums, 2-3. Abby took Luke & Luke H out to BWR for dinner and Luke spent the night with us. Later, Abby went out with Trevin until late and Ann made popcorn for dinner as we watched Wonder Woman & Battlestar Galactica on ME TV.

asag17.01 asag17.02 asag17.03 asag17.04 asag17.05 asag17.06 asag17.07 asag17.08 asag17.09 asag17.10 asag17.11 asag17.12 asag17.13 asag17.14 asag17.15 asag17.16 asag17.17 asag17.18 asag17.19 asag17.20 asag17.21 asag17.22 asag17.23 asag17.24 asag17.25 asag17.26 asag17.27 asag17.28 asag17.29 asag17.30 asag17.31 asag17.32 asag17.33 asag17.34 asag17.35 asag17.36 asag17.37 asag17.38 asag17.39 asag17.40

We enjoyed sleeping in to almost noon on Sunday morning. I think Matt might’ve even been a little late to work. Luke & Luke went out to the park to meet up with Drew & Skylar. After a few hours, the boys ended up walking back to our house and played Xbox in his room and rode bikes around the neighborhood, ending up back out at the park at one point. Meanwhile, Abby went to go try on dresses at Kuyhlia’s bridal shower where Matt had his graduation party a few years back. Ann left a little while later to join her and they spent the afternoon with the girls. With everyone out of the house, I had a peaceful afternoon of watching racing. Later, Ann “made” dinner by ordering Papa Johns pizza for the boys and us and then I took the four boys out to the Messer’s to spend the night. They enjoyed riding in the back of the truck and I took the long way through the country so they could really enjoy it. :0) Abby did her homework and then went out with Trevin. Matt came home from Aspen and did his homework and spent some time with us before running out to be with his friends. Ann & I had a quiet night of her reading and me working with tech support to get the blog page back due to a database error. We watched TV and wound down with the dogs, chilling in the A/C. It was a nice way to wind down the weekend and relax before we do it all again tomorrow.
Next up is our Waybac segment which features our first round of new scans. The product of this week’s labor is four sets – a random batch from Mom & Sandy’s archives, and then the next three photo albums of our young family, featuring a span of about a year and half from May, 2001 to January, 2003. We lead off with an old yearbook from 1955 which feature both Maryann and Dean from their high school years; then we fast forward to the mid-eighties for the Fourth of July parade downtown in Greensburg and features a young Indiana politician named Dan Quayle – roughly July, 1984; Mo & Poppy with a young Chris in about 1984; Dean at Riverfront Stadium for Reds batting practice in approximately 1984; Ann & Stacy in approximately 1989 and again with their FC friends in about 1991; pictures from Matt’s camera in May 2001 of him playing with toys and at the Indy Zoo; then Matt with teachers and friends at the park for preschool graduation in June 2001; our first 4th of July party at the Ryle house in 2001; the Scheu family Christmas party at the Parkside Deli in December, 2001; Christmas Eve at the Main St home (now Gma & Gigi’s) in December, 2001; Cookies with Santa in Columbus in December, 2001; Megan’s baptism in LaPorte in May, 2002; 4th of July parade in 2002; the Fair Parade in July, 2002 and finally Matt playing baseball in July, 2002.

Waybac.1955.madoyb1 Waybac.1955.madoyb2 Waybac.1955.madoyb3 Waybac.1955.madoyb4 Waybac.1955.madoyb5 Waybac.1955.madoyb6 Waybac.1984.fojp1 Waybac.1984.fojp2 Waybac.1984.fojp3 Waybac.1984.fojp4 Waybac.1984.mapwcb Waybac.1984.rfs1 Waybac.1989.awfcf02 Waybac.1991.awfcf01 Waybac.2001.05.iz1 Waybac.2001.05.iz2 Waybac.2001.05.mpoms1 Waybac.2001.05.mpoms2 Waybac.2001.06.mgps01 Waybac.2001.06.mgps02 Waybac.2001.06.mgps03 Waybac.2001.06.mgps04 Waybac.2001.07.foj1 Waybac.2001.07.foj2 Waybac.2001.07.foj3 Waybac.2001.07.foj4 Waybac.2001.12.capsd1 Waybac.2001.12.capsd2 Waybac.2001.12.capsd3 Waybac.2001.12.capsd4 Waybac.2001.12.ceoms1 Waybac.2001.12.ceoms2 Waybac.2001.12.coms3 Waybac.2001.12.coms4 Waybac.2001.12.cord1 Waybac.2001.12.cws1 Waybac.2001.12.cws2 Waybac.2001.12.cws3 Waybac.2002.05.mbilp1 Waybac.2002.05.mbilp2 Waybac.2002.05.mbilp3 Waybac.2002.05.mbilp4 Waybac.2002.05.mbilp5 Waybac.2002.07.fojp1 Waybac.2002.07.fojp2 Waybac.2002.07.fojp3 Waybac.2002.07.fp1 Waybac.2002.07.fp2 Waybac.2002.07.fp3 Waybac.2002.07.fp4 Waybac.2002.07.mmbb1

Next we end up with our video section which features four new home movies this week as well as several from around the internet.

And that does it for this week’s episode of the Scheu Family Blog. As always, thanks for keeping up with us this time out and we’ll catch up with you again next time. Until then, have a good one. We miss ya Mom.
Later, Scheu

Leave a Reply