Won’t go to School Again…I’m a Hooligan…

It was another busy week, here at the Scheu abode. Matt worked in Zionsville, took his last final (hopefully, that is his final day of school as well!) and spent his first week in his new apartment in Greenwood. Abby finished her penultimate week of her freshman year at Franklin, taking finals and making plans for the summer. She only has three days left of school. Luke worked hard to bring up his math grade, played in a couple baseball games and helped me around the house. He only has nine days left of school. This school year has gone so fast! Ann continued physical therapy and took another step towards driving again. I fell well short of my exercise goal with only five and a half miles of walking this week but still managed to lose a couple pounds, thanks to a tip from Bryan. We enjoyed either seeing or talking with all the grandparents this week, with one obvious omission. It was a time of reflection as we talked about and planned for this year’s Mother’s Day. It is this time of year that always brings memories of Mom flooding back. This was the start of the season when we historically spent the most time with Mom in her later years – as this was the typical start of Week 19. We were doing fine, weather-wise until the back half of the week when the bottom fell out and we actually saw some frost! Welcome to the month of May in Indiana… Hello again and welcome to the latest installment of the Scheu Family Blog.

It was back to school for Luke on Monday morning, but Ann & I took the day off to recuperate and spend the day with Dad & Lynn. We met them uptown at Stories for breakfast then came home to relax and chat. Dad & I ran to the store and then I borrowed the Hot Rod Lincoln from Gma and we drove Dad & Lynn over to St. Leon to watch Luke & the JV Pirates face the East Central Trojan baseball team. Luke started in right field and batted twice, going 0-1 with a walk and a strikeout. He did well on the base paths, being aggressive going from first to third on a short single and scoring a run. However, he took a play off on a ball that was hit into right-centerfield and was pulled from the game and benched. As for the game itself, we were tied when Luke came out of the game but by the end, we had lost by ten-run-rule again. We stopped at LaRosa’s in Batesville for dinner. When we got home, we said good-bye to Dad & Lynn and returned the Lincoln before calling it a night. Here are pictures from Matt’s recognition ceremony last week.

lp19.05.02 mrc19.00 mrc19.01 mrc19.02 mrc19.03 mrc19.04 mrc19.05 mrc19.06 mrc19.07 mrc19.08 mrc19.09 mrc19.10 mrc19.11 mrc19.12 mrc19.13 mrc19.14 mrc19.15 mrc19.16 mrc19.17 mrc19.18 mrc19.19 mrc19.20 mrc19.21 mrc19.22 mrc19.23 mrc19.24 mrc19.25 mrc19.26 mrc19.27 mrc19.28 mrc19.29 mrc19.30 mrc19.31 mrc19.38 mrc19.39 mrc19.40 mrc19.41 mrc19.42 mrc19.43 mrc19.44 mrc19.45 mrc19.46 mrc19.47 mrc19.48 mrc19.50 mrc19.49 mrc19.51 mrc19.52 mrc19.53 mrc19.54 mrc19.55 mrc19.56 mrc19.57 mrc19.58

Dad & Lynn were up early on Tuesday and headed out to Missouri. Luke had a fast day at school then had another game that evening. Ann & I returned to work. I tried drive Black Betty but she was dead, so we hopped in Barney and rode into town. It was a very hectic day for both of us – so much so that Ann cancelled her physical therapy appointment and I didn’t get time to exercise. We left early to vote in the primary elections before heading on to Brookville to watch Luke & the JV Pirate baseball team face Franklin County in a make-up game. We were supposed to be in Shelbyville that night but that game is likely now cancelled and won’t be made up. Luke did not start and did not play in the game. In fact, he was the only one to not play that evening. I hope he understood whatever message the coaches were trying to send him. Although the boys came out sluggish that night, they hung tough and blew the game wide open in the 4th and put it away in the 5th inning, winning by twenty runs – 24-4 – in five innings. Their record now stands at 8-7 on the year. We stopped at Dairy Cottage where we enjoyed burgers and chili dogs, onion rings and ice cream and a malt. We came home and I threw the Pacifica on the battery charger for a few hours and she was just fine. Turns out I accidentally left he back hatch open and ran down the battery. We watched a show or two on the DVR and called it a day… Here are pictures of Matt’s college graduation ceremony last weekend.

mcg19.01 mcg19.02 mcg19.03 mcg19.04 mcg19.05 mcg19.06 mcg19.07 mcg19.08 mcg19.09 mcg19.10 mcg19.11 mcg19.12 mcg19.13 mcg19.14 mcg19.15 mcg19.16 mcg19.17 mcg19.18 mcg19.19 mcg19.20 mcg19.21 mcg19.22 mcg19.23 mcg19.24 mcg19.25 mcg19.26 mcg19.27 mcg19.28 mcg19.29 mcg19.30 mcg19.31 mcg19.32 mcg19.33 mcg19.34 mcg19.35 mcg19.36 mcg19.37 mcg19.38 mcg19.39 mcg19.40 mcg19.41 mcg19.42 mcg19.43 mcg19.44 mcg19.45 mcg19.46 mcg19.47 mcg19.48 mcg19.49 mcg19.50 mrc19.32 mrc19.33 mrc19.34 mrc19.35 mrc19.36 mrc19.37 mcg19.51 mcg19.52 mcg19.53 mcg19.54 mcg19.55 mcg19.56 mcg19.57 mcg19.58 mcg19.59 mcg19.60 mcg19.61 mcg19.62 mcg19.63 mcg19.64 mcg19.65 mcg19.66 mcg19.67 mcg19.68 mcg19.69 mcg19.70 mcg19.71 mcg19.72 mcg19.73 mcg19.74 mcg19.75 mcg19.76 mcg19.77 mcg19.78 mcg19.79 mcg19.80 mcg19.81 mcg19.82 mcg19.83 mcg19.84 mcg19.85 mcg19.86 mcg19.87 mcg19.88 mcg19.89 mcg19.90 mcg19.91 mcg19.92 mcg19.93 mcg19.94 mcg19.95 mcg19.96 mcg19.97 mcg19.98 mcg19.99 mcg19.100 mcg19.101 mcg19.102 mcg19.103 mcg19.104 mcg19.105 mcg19.106 mcg19.107 mcg19.108 mcg19.109 mcg19.110 mcg19.111 mcg19.112 mcg19.113

Wednesday was just a perfect day – sunny and 80! Luke had a good day at school then went to baseball practice. Ann & I drove into work in Black Betty, which ran really well that day. We had a long day at work. I took Justin out for lunch at China Buffet while Ann had an office pitch-in at her office. I walked almost 5K on an absolutely gorgeous afternoon. They really should’ve moved tomorrow’s game vs. EC to that evening because they’re calling for rain tomorrow. Instead, Ann went out to dinner with her scrapping buddies at Pizza King and had a good time. I dropped her off on our way back from work and then picked up her linens from her downtown office before coming home to help Abby with a homework project. She is writing a philosophy paper on sexism and she wants to put a spin on it and make it into an online movie review. So we talked for a bit and I think she is happy with our collaboration. I think her “review??? of She’s the Man is very well put together – sort of like her… See for yourself at her new website here: http://scheumann.us/Abbys_Movie_Reviews.htm. Here are pictures of Luke’s baseball game vs. Franklin County last week.

lbfc19.01 lbfc19.02 lbfc19.03 lbfc19.04 lbfc19.05 lbfc19.06 lbfc19.07 lbfc19.08 lbfc19.09 lbfc19.10 lbfc19.11 lbfc19.12 lbfc19.13 lbfc19.14 lbfc19.15 lbfc19.16 lbfc19.17 lbfc19.18 lbfc19.19 lbfc19.20 lbfc19.21 lbfc19.22 lbfc19.23 lbfc19.24 lbfc19.25 lbfc19.26 lbfc19.27

We got off to a rainy start on Thursday. We had a long day at work before running Ann to physical therapy. It sprinkled while I walked a couple miles at the cemetery. Luke went to school but his JV baseball game vs. East Central got cancelled. There was no practice for the junior varsity squad so he went driving with his friend Brett. Their fun was cut short when they accidentally put diesel fuel in his gas-powered car. They called me at work in a panic. I told him to not start the car and that he would have to get the fuel removed, so he’d have to call his father. Man, I’m glad I didn’t get that call! When we got home that night, I worked on Abby’s website project until late and checked in some of my new Hot Wheels. Here are pictures of Gracie at Prom Walk-ins at the elementary school last weekend.

gsp19.01 gsp19.02 gsp19.03 gsp19.04 gsp19.05 gsp19.06 gsp19.07 gsp19.08 gsp19.09 gsp19.10 gsp19.11 gsp19.12 gsp19.13

We had a cool start to our Friday. Luke had school then went on to baseball practice that evening. Ann & I worked a half day then went to the BMV to get new licenses. Ann’s had lapsed and I wanted to get the newer type that allows you to fly next year. We still need to get Ann’s birth certificate for her to get that one, but at least now she can legally drive again! ???? We stopped for salads, loaded tots and a couple brews at 450 N Brewery for a private Mother’s Day meal then came home and took naps. Luke drove me to the store for supplies and we ended up surprising Ann with Mother’s Day flowers for the living room. We didn’t feel like doing much that evening, so we just got takeout and watched a couple shows on the big screen as the temps dipped down near freezing overnight! Here are picture of our latest additions to my Hot Wheels collection.

hw19.05.12 hw19.05.13 hw19.05.14 hw19.05.15 hw19.05.16 hw19.05.17 hw19.05.18 hw19.05.19 hw19.05.20

We were up early for Luke’s baseball game on Saturday morning. We made the trip over to Milan on a sunny but cool morning. Luke did not start this JV game again, for whatever reason. He eventually did get to play one inning in right field and got to bat once as well. He struck-out and looked bad doing it. The boys lost 5-13. Their record is now 8-8. It was good to catch up with Bryan & Angie. We need to get together with those two very soon. Ann & I stopped in Batesville for lunch afterward and ended up at Steak & Shake. They were extremely short-handed and we spent a little longer in there than we anticipated. Luke said he needed picked up (of course he did since we stopped…he never does!). Thankfully, Mom & Sandy were free to run over and get him real quick before they went to the casino. We shopped at Kroger’s (wish we had one) to get food for tomorrow. Luke got started early on the lawn before Ann & I got home and was just finishing as we got home. I joined him in time to finish the trimming and blew the grass off the walks, drive & patio. We loaded up old Betty White and Luke drove us over to Mom & Sandy’s house to mow & trim. We ran into Taco Bell for an early dinner then did some Hot Wheels hunting downtown at the thrift shop. By the time we got home, it was raining steadily and continued to rain the rest of the evening. I opened-up the house’s crawl spaces for the summer but the weather made me second-guess that decision. We took naps and watched the IndyCar Grand Prix at IMS. It had a great ending in the rain. Luke went out to the woods for a little while then played Fortnight until he fell asleep out in the family room, where he slept with the dogs all night. I started picking up the house a little, late that night and decided to do a load of dishes. I was hand washing one of Ann’s new knives and I accidentally sliced into my finger, nearly lopping off the tip of my right ring finger. It took me an hour to get the damn thing to stop bleeding, but it eventually did. Thank goodness I’m off the blood thinners now! I ended up sleeping with the finder wrapped in three layers of gauze and tape. It looked like something in a cartoon when I was done! LOL! Here are random pictures from our recent adventures.

sis19.05.49 sis19.05.50 sis19.05.51 sis19.05.52 sis19.05.53 sis19.05.54 sis19.05.55 sis19.05.56 sis19.05.57 sis19.05.58 sis19.05.59 sis19.05.60 sis19.05.61 sis19.05.62 sis19.05.63 sis19.05.64 sis19.05.65 sis19.05.66 sis19.05.67 sis19.05.68 sis19.05.69 sis19.05.70 sis19.05.71 sis19.05.72 sis19.05.73 sis19.05.74 sis19.05.75 sis19.05.76 sis19.05.77 sis19.05.78 sis19.05.79 sis19.05.80 sis19.05.81 sis19.05.82 sis19.05.83 sis19.05.84 sis19.05.85 sis19.05.86 sis19.05.87 sis19.05.88 sis19.05.89 sis19.05.90 sis19.05.91 sis19.05.92 sis19.05.93 sis19.05.94 sis19.05.95 sis19.05.96 sis19.05.97

We enjoyed sleeping in on a cool, rainy Sunday morning. It pretty much rained on and off all day. I got up and started cleaning up the house to let Annie sleep in on Mother’s Day. Once she got up, we started in with our weekly household chores. Ms. Lynn texted Ann & I and said she loved the flowers we got her. Barb & Dad called as well, to thank us for the flowers as well. Abby came home from college to help Ann cook. She made a big lunch for Mom & Sandy and invited Dee, Jamie & Gracie over as well. She made spaghetti, spasagna, garlic bread and seven-layer salad. Matt also came home from his apartment in Greenwood. He said he was getting along well but was ready to sleep on a bed! We watched a movie called Hereditary then after our family went home, the kids and I crammed into Betty White and drove to Expressions to get Ann flowers for the front yard, as has become tradition. They were kind enough to stay open for us, even as we got there as they were closing. We tried to make a quick pass through all their greenhouses and came out with lots of pretty flowers. We stopped at Harvest to get ice cream from the vendor who parks his truck in the parking lot. When we came home, the kids planted the flowers around her light pole and then posed for our annual picture. It wasn’t long before we were saying goodbye to Matt & Abby, who had to head back to their lives. It will only be three short days before we see Abby and move her home. We will see Matt next weekend to help him move in his bedroom set. I watched the NASCAR race and worked on the blog while Ann finished reading another book. Later, we helped Luke with his math homework and then watched the new episode of Game of Thrones, which was epic. We have lots of social media pictures to share this week.

smp19.05.54 smp19.05.55 smp19.05.56 smp19.05.57 smp19.05.58 smp19.05.59 smp19.05.60 smp19.05.61 smp19.05.62 smp19.05.63 smp19.05.64 smp19.05.65 smp19.05.66 smp19.05.67 smp19.05.68 smp19.05.69 smp19.05.70 smp19.05.71 smp19.05.72 smp19.05.73 smp19.05.74 smp19.05.75 smp19.05.76 smp19.05.77 smp19.05.78 smp19.05.79 smp19.05.80 smp19.05.81 smp19.05.82 smp19.05.83 smp19.05.84 smp19.05.85 smp19.05.86 smp19.05.87 smp19.05.88 smp19.05.89 smp19.05.90 smp19.05.91 smp19.05.92 smp19.05.93 smp19.05.94 smp19.05.95 smp19.05.96 smp19.05.97 smp19.05.98 smp19.05.99 smp19.05.100

Next up is our Waybac section which continues to feature our photo album #17 which holds all our pictures from our vacation at Orlando’s Walt Disney World in June 2004. We lead off this week in Epcot at the Sea Base aquarium; then we move to the Magic Kingdom for the nighttime Main St. USA Spectromagic Parade; next we see various different attractions at the MGM Studios park; and finally, we have various photo ops around Magic Kingdom’s lovely flora, a character meal with Pooh & Friends at the Crystal Palace and then posing outside the Spaceship Earth attraction in Epcot.

Waybac.2004.06.wdw464 Waybac.2004.06.wdw465 Waybac.2004.06.wdw466 Waybac.2004.06.wdw467 Waybac.2004.06.wdw468 Waybac.2004.06.wdw469 Waybac.2004.06.wdw470 Waybac.2004.06.wdw471 Waybac.2004.06.wdw472 Waybac.2004.06.wdw473 Waybac.2004.06.wdw474 Waybac.2004.06.wdw475 Waybac.2004.06.wdw476 Waybac.2004.06.wdw477 Waybac.2004.06.wdw478 Waybac.2004.06.wdw479 lp19.05.02

Next up is our video section, which includes one very long home movie this week as well as several from around the internet.

And that does it for this week’s episode of the Scheu Family Blog. Thanks for keeping up with us this time out and we’ll catch up with you again next time. Until then, have a good one. Happy Mother’s Day, Mom…we miss ya.
Later, Scheu

Comments are closed.