I’ve Been too Long; I’m Glad to be Back…Yes, I’m let Loose…

After a wonderful staycation, it was back to work and school for the Scheu fam. Matt returned to teaching at Z-West Middle School. He also ramped up his wrestling practices and is getting ready to start his regular season meets next week. He loves coaching and we can’t wait to go up and watch him. He also worked at his part time job, here in town this week and stopped by to spend a little time with us as well. Abby continued to stay at home, taking J-Term off this year from school at FC. She worked several hours at Wings & Rings, working in a few different capacities for the company. She had Garrett down for the weekend and saw Megan a couple times as well. Luke was a two-sport athlete again this week, attending football practices as well as wrestling practices. He also had his second home wrestling meet of the year. He was thrilled that Gma & Gigi showed up for it! Ann had a good week, recovering well from that fall at Christmas on her new knees. She did go see her orthopedic doctor as well, who inspected her knees as well. She got to spend some time with her friends and gave me a hard time this week, but otherwise took it easy. I got back on my diet and lost about 9 pounds this week. It was actually more but I gained some back at the end of the week. I did better with my exercise routine as well. Although I fell short of my weekly goal, I did get in about eleven miles of walking. We got a ton of precipitation this week. I think we may have even broken some records. Could there be something to this global warming? Makes you wonder… Hello; and welcome to latest entry of the Scheu Family Blog.

Ann & I returned to work on Monday morning for a whole day. It was the first time in a couple weeks. We both had fast days, thankfully. I got a lot done as Justin was home with a sick kiddo. After work, I walked about a 4K outside on a lovely afternoon. Luke went back to school as well. He said he had an easy day and then went on to wrestling practice, which wasn’t so easy. Afterward he came home and laid low, going to bed early. Abby worked a double at BWR. She ended up coming home early and said they were dead. She went to her room and fell asleep early as well. Following suit, I fell asleep on the couch before all of them and then stayed up to binge watch several episodes of Treadstone while editing pictures for this week’s blog. Here are pictures from Luke’s wrestling tourney a couple weekends ago.

lp20.01.01 lwtsc19.01 lwtsc19.02 lwtsc19.03 lwtsc19.04 lwtsc19.05 lwtsc19.06 lwtsc19.07 lwtsc19.08 lwtsc19.09 lwtsc19.10 lwtsc19.11 lwtsc19.12 lwtsc19.13 lwtsc19.14 lwtsc19.15 lwtsc19.16 lwtsc19.17 lwtsc19.18 lwtsc19.19 lwtsc19.20 lwtsc19.21 lwtsc19.22 lwtsc19.23 lwtsc19.24 lwtsc19.25 lwtsc19.26 lwtsc19.27 lwtsc19.28 lwtsc19.29 lwtsc19.30 lwtsc19.31 lwtsc19.32 lwtsc19.33 lwtsc19.34 lwtsc19.35 lwtsc19.36 lwtsc19.37 lwtsc19.38 lwtsc19.39 lwtsc19.40 lwtsc19.41 lwtsc19.42 lwtsc19.43 lwtsc19.44 lwtsc19.45 lwtsc19.46 lwtsc19.47 lwtsc19.48 lwtsc19.49 lwtsc19.50 lwtsc19.51 lwtsc19.52 lwtsc19.53 lwtsc19.54 lwtsc19.55 lwtsc19.56 lwtsc19.57 lwtsc19.58 lwtsc19.59 lwtsc19.60 lwtsc19.61 lwtsc19.62 lwtsc19.63 lwtsc19.64 lwtsc19.65 lwtsc19.66 lwtsc19.67 lwtsc19.68 lwtsc19.69 lwtsc19.70

Ann & I went back to work on another chilly morning on Tuesday and another fast day ensued. I ran Annie to her one-year follow-up visit with her knee doc. He said that she looked great and doesn’t need to see her till 2021! After work, I walked 3 ½ miles around the airport property. I walked right past Bryan, who was at the airport waiting for Drew to get done with his flying lesson (how cool is that?!). Abby enjoyed the day off with her dogs. She was asleep by the time we got home and slept right up till the time we went to bed. Luke was up early and out the door for football practice that morning and then went on to school. Afterward, he had a rigorous workout at wrestling practice where they received their new uniforms. The program is moving away from singlets and now have shorts and tee shirts. That evening I did my bowel prep and enjoyed the ensuing toilet time with lots of games on my phone. LOL. I went to bed early after binge-watching the rest of season 1 of Treadstone. Here are pictures from Dayla’s surprise party last weekend as well as Matt’s school pictures.

dsp20.01 dsp20.02 dsp20.03 dsp20.04 dsp20.05 dsp20.06 dsp20.07 dsp20.08 dsp20.09 dsp20.10 dsp20.11 dsp20.12 dsp20.13 dsp20.14 msp20.01 msp20.02 msp20.03

I got up at 230 to take the rest of my bowel prep serum and stayed up after that… Luke got up and went to school on his own on Wednesday morning after the girls and I drove to Columbus for my old man procedure at CRH. During my colonoscopy, they found 4 polyps but they came back good, which means I will repeat this wonderful procedure in three years. The doctor and nurses were wonderful and everything went smoothly. Before I knew it, we were headed home. Thanks to Bu for being our designate driver. Abby picked up lunch for us at BWR and I got out my new Bluetooth turntable and hooked it up to our soundbar. It sounds great! We took it easy that afternoon, watching our DVR’d shows and napping. That afternoon, Mom, Sandy & Pixie came over to visit and brought Annie her birthday gifts and me some more olive dip! 😊 Ann went out with her scrapbooking friends for dinner at The Breach downtown that evening. Luke had a good day at school then went to wrestling practice. Here are pictures of some of the newest additions to my Hot Wheels collection.

hwc20.01.11 hwc20.01.12 hwc20.01.13 hwc20.01.14 hwc20.01.15 hwc20.01.16 hwc20.01.17 hwc20.01.18 hwc20.01.19 hwc20.01.20

Luke was up early for coffee and breakfast on Thursday morning…wait, what the… But, it’s true! I didn’t have to wake him up or anything. It was surreal… However, when I went to start the cars that morning, his was dead again. We think he has a bad battery, so we’ll have to get that checked out this weekend. In the meantime, he’s stuck with old Barney for a couple days – much to his chagrin. Ann & I had good days at work. I went out for lunch with Justin & Vic to China Buffet. I was happy to have lunch on the house as it was my 10th visit (pay for the first 9 and get the next one free! 😊). Later, I ran Justin out to get his wife’s car from the shop and got started walking a little late, getting in only about two and a half miles outdoors around the airport property on a warm but blustery 55-degree afternoon. Luke helped setup the Fieldhouse after school that evening, in preparation for the next home wrestling meet vs. Franklin Co. We left Columbus a little early to get changed and get Ginny’s mail for her before we met Mom & Sandy at the game and enjoyed the good turnout for the meet. The boys were in good form, winning 4 of their 9 matches. Among the victors was the 195-weight class, occupied by our favorite Pirate wrestler! Luke came out aggressive and pinned his opponent in the 1st period!! Unfortunately, we gave up way too many forfeits and the team came up a little short despite looking much improved from our last meet. The Wildcats topped the Pirate grapplers, 45-30. Luke’s record stands at 7-12 on the year. Chuck Abrell was there taking pictures, so I am looking forward to going out to his website to get pix of Luke ordered…along with the football ones that I neglected to order back in November. Between him, Gigi, Sophia (coach’s wife) and Ann, we should have some decent pictures of Lukey’s big win tonight! Afterwards, we celebrated by going out to dinner at Wings & Rings to see Abs, who was waiting tables out there (we made sure to be seated in her section). We brought Mom & Sandy as well and made a night of it. We had a good time with the girls and the food was great as always. We came home and relaxed, watching a couple of DVR’d shows on the big screen before calling it a day. Here are random pictures from our recent adventures.

sis20.01.01 sis20.01.02 sis20.01.03 sis20.01.04 sis20.01.05 sis20.01.06 sis20.01.07 sis20.01.08 sis20.01.09 sis20.01.10 sis20.01.11 sis20.01.12 sis20.01.13 sis20.01.14 sis20.01.15 sis20.01.16 sis20.01.17 sis20.01.18 sis20.01.19 sis20.01.20

Luke was up early again on Friday morning. After his morning coffee, he went on to football practice before school. After a long day of classes, he went to wrestling practice. That evening, he got his hair cut and he looks great! Ann slept in a little and had Abby take her to work at the Greensburg office. They went for coffee at Dunkin’ Donuts on the way. She picked up Ann afterward and went to lunch at El Rep. Abs worked at Wings again that evening and then had Megan and Garrett over that night. Megan went out on a date but Gary stayed the night with us. Meanwhile, I went in to work that morning. I focused my time on trying to fill the open positions in our dietary department. Justin & I ended our day by going IUPUC, the Learning Center, Ivy Tech and the dorms next door to hang fliers to try and drum up interest for employment in our kitchen. I walked about 2 ½ miles at the mall because it rained all day then came home. I jumped Luke’s car and took it to Auto Zone where they checked and then replaced the battery in the Hot Rod Lincoln. I ran to Walmart afterward and then Ann made quiche and hash browns for dinner. We watched a bunch of DVR’d shows on the big screen that evening. Luke ran around with his buddies and was going to have Grayson spend the night, but it didn’t work out for whatever reason. He ended up coming home and stayed up late, playing on his PS4. He fell asleep out in the family room and slept there all night on the couch. I was saddened to hear of the passing of Neil Peart that night. Apparently, he had been fighting brain cancer for three years and passed away on Tuesday. He was by far the greatest drummer I have ever seen play live. There will never be another… We have lots of leftover social media pictures from last week to share.

smp19.12.348 smp19.12.349 smp19.12.350 smp19.12.351 smp19.12.352 smp19.12.353 smp19.12.354 smp19.12.355 smp19.12.356 smp19.12.357 smp19.12.358 smp19.12.359 smp19.12.360 smp19.12.361 smp19.12.362 smp19.12.363 smp19.12.364 smp19.12.365 smp19.12.366 smp19.12.367 smp19.12.368 smp19.12.369 smp19.12.370 smp19.12.371 smp19.12.372 smp19.12.373 smp19.12.374 smp19.12.375 smp19.12.376 smp19.12.377 smp19.12.378 smp19.12.379 smp19.12.380 smp19.12.381 smp19.12.382 smp19.12.383 smp19.12.384 smp19.12.385 smp19.12.386

The dogs had me up in the middle of the night but I eventually fell back to sleep. Ann got up early on Saturday morning while I slept in. We watched the new Bone Collector / Lincoln Rhyme series pilot and finished off the quiche from last night. It rained all day again. Matt came home from Indy to visit for a few minutes before heading over to Gma & Gigi’s house and then went in to work at Aspen Place. Luke got up to say hi to Matt and then jumped in the shower. Abby & Gary got up to see Matt before going over to dog-sit for Mom & Sandy for several hours that afternoon. Ann & I took down the Christmas tree and decorations. Luke helped a little, but mostly found ways to avoid us. Afterward, Ann took him shopping in Columbus for dress clothes in preparation for the upcoming Winter Formal. While they were gone, I put away all the Christmas stuff in the garage and grabbed some leftovers, took a nap and turned on the NFL playoffs. By the time Ann & Lukey got home, it was dark. He was proud of his new outfit and obliged me by dressing up for a quick picture. Abs & Gary came back in the early evening and promptly made…wait for it…jalapeno popper dip. I think she’s made it twice a week now for about three weeks. Ann says we need to talk to her about her popper dip problem! LOL!! Later, Luke went out to the bowling alley for a team building event with the wrestling squad. Matt ended up getting out of work a little early and came over to play a game of euchre and catch up with us. The young guns beat the old farts in the first game. He ended up having to leave after that game so he could meet up with Ms. Taylor for dinner. So, we said our good-byes and he made it back up to Indy safely in the rain, flooding and storms. Oak came over later that evening and ended up staying the night with Lucas. After Matt left, Abby & Gary retreated to Bu’s room and we didn’t see them the rest of the evening as he spent the night again. After football and another nap, I watched Ancient Aliens and checked in my new Hot Wheels. We have lots of social media pictures to share this week.

smp20.01.01 smp20.01.02 smp20.01.03 smp20.01.04 smp20.01.05 smp20.01.06 smp20.01.07 smp20.01.08 smp20.01.09 smp20.01.10 smp20.01.11 smp20.01.12 smp20.01.13 smp20.01.14 smp20.01.15 smp29.01.16 smp20.01.17 smp20.01.18 smp20.01.19 smp20.01.20 smp20.01.21 smp20.01.22 smp20.01.23 smp20.01.24 smp20.01.25 smp20.01.26

We enjoyed sleeping in on Sunday morning. I got up and made some eggs and bacon and watched my weekly 1968 Star Trek episode. When Ann got up, we finished taking down the Christmas stuff and did our weekly household chores. Luke, Abby & Gary got up and went to ElRep for lunch. I started watching West World on HBO and then we watched a couple DVR’d shows before turning over to watch the NFL playoff games. Although it finally stopped raining, it was still gloomy and overcast. Gary went home when Abby went to work at BWR. Later, Luke went out to eat with Oakley and then picked up Tyler and went to the Fieldhouse to play basketball. We continued watching football that evening, hoping that the game would be closer than the other three this weekend. I was thrilled to watch Coach Johnson get notified live on TV that he was going to be inducted into the NFL Hall of Fame!! It was a relaxing way to wind down the day and put another week under our belt before we turn around and do it all again tomorrow.

Next up is our Waybac section which features miscellaneous albums and collections from our bedroom closet. We lead off this week with more pictures of our wedding reception and then our honeymoon – both in September 1995; next we have an old Christmas card from Barney & Steph of their kiddos, circa the turn of the century; then we have a few more of Matt & Abby at Christy’s house in 2002; Luke at our family photo shoot in December 2004 and finally Abby in her 2010 junior high school yearbook.

Waybac.1995.09.tawr106 Waybac.1995.09.tawr107 Waybac.1995.09.tawr108 Waybac.1995.09.tawr109 Waybac.1995.09.tawr110 Waybac.1995.09.tawr111 Waybac.1995.09.tawr112 Waybac.1995.09.tawr113 Waybac.1995.09.tah49 Waybac.1995.09.tah50 Waybac.1995.09.tah51 Waybac.1995.09.tah52 Waybac.1995.09.tah53 Waybac.1999.hrncc Waybac.2002.kach25 Waybac.2002.kach26 Waybac.2002.kach27 Waybac.2002.kach28 Waybac.2004.12.sfcp06 Waybac.2004.12.sfcp07 Waybac.2010.ayb1 Waybac.2010.ayb2

And we wrap up with our video section, which includes one new home movie this week as well as several from around the internet.

And that does it for this week’s episode of the Scheu Family Blog. Thanks for keeping up with us this time out and we’ll catch up with you again next time. Until then, have a good one. We miss ya, Mom.
Later, Scheu

Leave a Reply