I’ve got to Admit (He)’s Getting Better…

We had an amazing week, here at the Scheu abode. It was one of the busiest weeks we’ve had in a few years. Matt had a full week of teaching class in Zionsville. We went up to see him at his first wrestling meet and got to see his classroom, where all the magic happens – LOL. Abby continued to enjoy her break from school by splitting her time between work and Garrett this week. Luke was a two-sport athlete again this week, splitting time between football workouts and wrestling practices and meets. He had his final regular season meet and participated in the conference tourney this weekend, continuing to improve with every match he wrestles. Even the coaches said something to us after his successful showing this weekend. It only confirmed what Ann & I have been saying all season. He also had a big dance this week as well, which was nearly as much fun for his proud mama. Ann had a good week, enjoying having another female in the house and doing girlie stuff with Abs. I had a great week, spending time with friends, watching a lot of wrestling and eating lots of good food. Although I may have overindulged in the food department, I did get in about ten miles of walking this week – despite being so busy. The end result was the loss of a couple pounds this week and I’ll take it! Molly went back to the doctor and got more treatment for her ears as well as another round of medicine for her cancer. We have been looking for a new partner for Ms. Lola and believe we may have found it. Overall it was a fun week, filled with lots of family time – something we have always cherished. Hello again and welcome to the latest installment of the Scheu Family Blog.

We were up early on Monday morning for work and school. Luke left at the same time we did while Abs slept in a few minutes before heading over to Columbus for a haircut with Jami. That evening, she worked at BWR until late. Luke had a good day at school then went to wrestling practice. That evening, he went to Kam’s house until curfew. After Jami finished with her, Abs went out to lunch with Ann. I had a quick day of doing reports then walked three miles outside on a chilly afternoon. We went to the store to get supplies for the week when we got back to town then Ann made sausage dip for me to take to card night. I met up with the guys at the Sunken Boat Bar that evening to watch the college football championship game, play some poker, eat a ton of keto-friendly food and enjoy some spirits. It was a hell of a game through three quarters but LSU pulled away at the end and won easily to be crowned national champions. As for the card games; yours truly had some great hands and ended up winning the night! Here are pictures from Luke’s wrestling meet vs. Franklin County last week.

lp20.01.03 lwfc20.01 lwfc20.02 lwfc20.03 lwfc20.04 lwfc20.05 lwfc20.06 lwfc20.07 lwfc20.08 lwfc20.09 lwfc20.10 lwfc20.11 lwfc20.12 lwfc20.13 lwfc20.14 lwfc20.15 lwfc20.16 lwfc20.17 lwfc20.18 lwfc20.19 lwfc20.20 lwfc20.21 lwfc20.22 lwfc20.23 lwfc20.24 lwfc20.25 lwfc20.26 lwfc20.27 lwfc20.28 lwfc20.29 lwfc20.30 lwfc20.31 lwfc20.32 lwfc20.33 lwfc20.34 lwfc20.35 lwfc20.36 lwfc20.37 lwfc20.38 lwfc20.39 lwfc20.40

Luke was up early and out the door for football practice before school. Afterward, he helped set up the high school gym for senior night at the final regular season meet of the year. Abby enjoyed sleeping in with the dogs before getting up to work a double shift at Wings & Rings. It was super foggy on our way into work but it cleared up pretty quickly. Ann & I had fast days at work, leaving early to get her to a dentist appointment. She received a good checkup then we came home to get cleaned-up before heading out to the high school to watch Luke and the Pirates face-off with rival Batesville. It was Senior Night and they recognized the three seniors on the team – two wrestlers and a manager. Among the wrestlers was E-Lowe, the son of our good friends Alan & Kristy. The team wrestled very well and the meet went right down to the last match. Luke came out very aggressive again and nearly pinned his opponent a couple times. However, the Bulldog was very strong and it was a close match. It actually went the distance with Luke pulling out a narrow victory, 5-3! That brings his record to 8-12 on the year. In the end, the team lost again, 32-40 but if a couple matches went a little bit different, we would’ve won it. Afterward we talked with the coaches and players and congratulated Luke on his first decision victory. Up until now, he had either won by pin, won by forfeit or lost by pin. He was thoroughly exhausted afterward, as you might expect. We invited him out for a victory dinner afterward. Instead, he opted for us to give him $ so he could go out with his buddies. We went over to BWR to see Abby and see if she could join us. Although she wasn’t able to sit down and eat with us, she did spend a lot of time at our table, as we were sitting right next to her area. Randall waited on us and it was good to catch up with him. We came home through fog so thick that it was like pea soup. Thankfully, everyone made it home safely. That evening, we watched a couple DVR’d shows and talked to the kids, who came home only a few minutes after we did. Poor Bu dropped her phone getting out of Tonya that night and absolutely destroyed it. We’ll have to look at getting it replaced tomorrow, unfortunately. Molly was digging at her ear again and when we looked at it, it was wet, so Ann is gonna try and get her into the vet tomorrow and Abs will run her in on her day off…

We had a dense fog warning for our morning commute on Wednesday morning. Luke got up early and headed into football practice before school again. He attended wrestling practice after a long day of classes then came home for the evening. Abby enjoyed sleeping in with the dogs on her day off from work. She got up and drove to Columbus to pick me up and we ran to lunch with Justin & Vic then went on to Verizon to find her a new phone. She found one and we got a good deal on a trade-in so we were happy with the outcome. The kids were thrilled to hear that we had made a deal to get them Apple music and an unlimited data plan they had been begging us for some time. Bu dropped me off at work and I finished up my quarterly reports before walking three miles out in the windy and damp afternoon. Abs ran Molly to the vet where she got treatment for her goopy ears as well as more of her cancer meds. For being a good girl, she took Mols to McDonald’s for her first cheeseburger (another item off her bucket list) and then they went to Rural King where she got to see the rabbits and chickens as well as pick out a new bag of treats! We came home and Ann made her delicious chicken enchiladas and cheesy broccoli. Abs got her new phone set up with all her old apps and Luke downloaded a new version of Fortnight on his PS4 that night. I edited pictures and this week’s video for the blog while we watched a couple DVR’d shows and napped. Here are random pictures from our recent adventures.

sis20.01.21 sis20.01.22 sis20.01.23 sis20.01.24 sis20.01.25 sis20.01.26 sis20.01.27 sis20.01.28 sis20.01.29 sis20.01.30 sis20.01.31 sis20.01.32 sis20.01.33 sis20.01.34 sis20.01.35 sis20.01.36 sis20.01.37 sis20.01.38 sis20.01.39 sis20.01.40 sis20.01.41 sis20.01.42 sis20.01.43 sis20.01.44 sis20.01.45 sis20.01.46

Thursday was a noticeably colder day. Abby enjoyed sleeping in then went to work at BWR that evening. Luke had school and wrestling. Ann & I drove Barney into work that morning, in preparation of driving it up to Indy that evening. Ann & I had long days at work. I walked a little under three miles outside on a chilly afternoon with a frigid wind out of the north. I picked up Ann along with a fridge and supplies for the Greensburg office that afternoon and headed up to watch Matt’s coaching debut at his school, Z-West. We thought the meet started at 6, but it actually began at 530, so we were a little late getting all the way up to Zionsville / Whitestown area (northside of Indy). Matt had his team ready for their season opener, despite it being his first meet as a coach. Ann & I both marveled at how comfortable and genuinely happy he looked. His team did great and won huge – 99 to 30! We jokingly said he should retire now and end his career with a perfect record! I told him I will expect him to score 100 points at every meet this year! 😊 We sat with Taylor, who was also in attendance that evening. Afterward, he showed us his classroom and then we went to dinner at Flamme Burger. It was delicious – I had The Goliath and parm fries – yum!! We said our good-byes and drove back to the ‘Burg. We dropped off all the stuff for her office uptown before coming home. Luke was up playing Fortnight when we finally got home late that night. We watched a couple DVR’d shows before calling it a night ourselves.

I was up early and out the door on Friday morning. Luke went into school then had wrestling practice that afternoon. I had a fast day at work then Justin & I worked hard that morning – moving a ton of shit out of an upstairs office. We must’ve gone up and down those stairs (22 of them!) a dozen times…and by noon, we were spent. We hung on for another hour or so and then decided to call it a day and go for a beer and lunch at 450 North. Thx J!! Ann & Abby got up a little later then went for coffee at Dunkin’. After Bu dropped Ann off at the Greensburg office downtown, she went out for breakfast with her friend Kristen. When Abs came home afterwards, she found a mess in the living room. Molly had dropped a deuce in the living room and Roomba drove through it – gross!! She cleaned up the floor and put the Roomba outside for me to clean up (thx Bu). Since she had to do some dirty work, Ann took her to lunch at ElRep when she picked her up. Abs worked at BWR that evening. I came home and Ann & I took naps while watching an SVU marathon on a cold afternoon. Luke got us up when he came home and got all dressed up for his big Winter Formal that evening. Mom & Sandy came over to get pictures of our young colt and gave him the keys to the Ford Escape for the evening while they drove home in the Hot Rod Lincoln. Next, we followed Luke over to the Acra’s house, in one of the additions behind us. There were tons of kids and parents over there, making it nearly impossible to get back to their place at the end of the cul-de-sac. We were over there for an hour or so and got lots of pictures of Luke and all his friends. We came home and swapped vehicles to get Barney all gassed up and ready for the morning. We ran a couple of errands and then came home and napped while watching some DVR’d shows on the big screen. Luke and his date Emily had a great time out at the high school at the big dance. They had planned to go out to Oakley’s house afterwards but the weather didn’t cooperate as it started sleeting and put a layer of ice over everything. Instead, they ended up out at Wings & Rings, where Abby was working. Luke & Abby got home about the same time and were all geared-up. I had already gone to bed, so the kids stayed up and talked to Ann for a while that evening. Gary came over a few hours before they got home and retreated back to Abby’s room. I actually forgot he was even here for a while – LOL. We have lots of social media pictures to share this week.

smp20.01.27 smp20.01.28 smp20.01.29 smp20.01.30 smp20.01.31 smp20.01.32 smp20.01.33 smp20.01.34 smp20.01.35 smp20.01.36 smp20.01.37 smp20.01.38 smp20.01.39 smp20.01.40 smp20.10.41 smp20.01.42 smp20.01.43 smp20.01.44 smp20.01.45 smp20.01.46 smp20.01.47 smp20.01.48 smp20.01.49 smp20.01.50 smp20.01.51 smp20.01.52 smp20.01.53 smp20.01.54 smp20.01.55 smp20.01.56 smp20.01.57 smp20.01.58 smp20.01.59 smp20.01.60 smp20.01.61 smp20.01.62 smp20.01.63 smp20.01.64 smp20.01.65 smp20.01.66 smp20.01.67 smp20.01.68 smp20.01.69 smp20.01.70 smp20.01.72 smp20.01.73

We were up early on Saturday morning for Luke’s big wrestling tournament. Abby, Gary, Ann & I loaded up Barney and headed down to Aurora to see Luke and the Pirates wrestle in the annual EIAC tourney. Luke was seeded 4th for the day – which were impressed with! We got down to South Dearborn High School in plenty of time to get Ann up the stairs and get all our stuff set up for the day. She did pretty good getting all the way up there, considering the bleachers were huge with no railing. Luke wrestled 195 and opened up against the guy from Batesville that he faced earlier this week. He again could not pin him but ended up winning a decision, 5-1 to move on to the second round. Next, he faced an undefeated senior from EC and was pinned in the first round. That dropped him to the loser’s bracket or wrestle-back rounds. In the third round, he faced a boy from the host South Dearborn and pinned him to move on to the final round. In the last round, he faced a boy from Connersville and pinned him to win 3rd place in the conference!! We were thrilled for him and he was super excited as well! His record now stands at 11-13 this season. It was so cool when Abby & I went down on the floor to get pictures of Luke up on the podium. Like his brother, he struck up conversations with the other boys, mostly the winner from East Central (they won the overall team meet). We signed Luke out and he slept in the back of the van all the way home. We dropped him off at school and he drove the Hot Rod Lincoln home with Bu & Gary in the back. He showered and went out with Kameron & Grayson to Batesville to hang out with some girls that evening. Abs & Gary then went to Walmart to get stuff for jalapeno dip (shock!) and wings. Ann & I had leftovers and watched DVR shows on the big screen. The kids tried to go out with Megan & Heather, but they were headed to a party so they came back and hung out with us for a while. Luke, Kam & Gray came back to the house later and Kam ended up staying the night. Luke was in the paper that day for wrestling (on Senior Night), which was really cool. Ann & I have been looking for a puppy to prepare for the inevitable outcome with Ms. Molly. We feel Lola needs a companion so we’ve been looking for a few months now. Justin texted me about a Sheepadoodle yesterday – something Ann has been interested in for months. Ann made a deal with Matt this morning on our way to the tourney. He had one of his big teacher tests today – I believe it was the Pedagogy one. She said that if he passed, we would get the dog…and of course, he passed! Congrats to Matt; he only has two left now, I think. And true to her word, Ann (& Abby) began talks with a lady in Kentucky about acquiring a 3-month old pup named Delilah. I think we are looking to get her at the end of next week, which gives a few days to prepare for our new baby…not sure we’re ready for this…

Because I fell asleep so early last night and ended up going to bed early (Ann says I’ve become my mother), I was up way early on a Sunday morning. It was easily the coldest day of the year with temps in the single digits and wind chills in the negatives! We even got a dusting of snow as well. I watched the UFC fights, taped from last night and was disappointed that the main event only lasted 40 seconds. I got an early jump on writing out the blog while waiting for the others to wake up. Once they did, we got to our weekly household chores. Abby went to work at Wings that morning and Gary went home to New Castle. As we napped on and off throughout the day, we watched a couple DVR’d shows – including new ones we like called Seven Worlds, One Planet on AMC and The Outsider on HBO. Luke & Kam went out for breakfast then came home to share some goodies with Molly before running around until late that night, enjoying his rare day off. They ended up out at BWR with the girls, where they saw Bu. Abby stopped by to eat lunch with us before heading back out to work the evening shift at Wings & Rings. Ann and I took it easy with the dogs, watching the NFL championship games and enjoying the down time as well. The Super Bowl is set – the Chiefs will face San Francisco. It should be a great game, but I’m hoping KC wins it. Abby got off early and came home to eat her dinner and hang out with us for a couple hours. Ann ordered us a Papa John’s pizza we saw in an ad during the night game (extra cheesy alfredo) and it was delicious! We watched a couple DVR’d shows that evening to wrap up the night before calling it a night. It was a nice way to wind down a busy week. Here are pictures of the latest additions to my Hot Wheels collection.

hwc20.01.21 hwc20.01.24 hwc20.01.23 hwc20.01.22 hwc20.01.26 hwc20.01.25 hwc20.01.27 hwc20.01.28 hwc20.01.29 hwc20.01.30 hwc20.01.31 hwc20.10.32 hwc20.01.33 hwc20.01.34

Next up is our Waybac section which continues to feature a few random photo albums from our bedroom closet. We lead off this week with an oldie of Ms. Ann, playing in her yard in Greensburg, circa 1973; next we see Ann & friends at her summer camp, circa 1985; then Ann & Amy at the Main St home, circa 1986; and finally we delve into our wedding album and see some great ones (including a couple with Mom) of our wedding in Greensburg as well as a ton from our reception in Columbus and even few of our honeymoon along the eastern seaboard – all in September 1995.

Waybac.1973.ahbhs1 Waybac.1985.bvs08 Waybac.1986.aafoms07 Waybac.1986.aafoms08 Waybac.1995.09.taw56 Waybac.1995.09.taw57 Waybac.1995.09.taw58 Waybac.1995.09.taw59 Waybac.1995.09.taw60 Waybac.1995.09.taw61 Waybac.1995.09.taw62 Waybac.1995.09.tawr114 Waybac.1995.09.tawr115 Waybac.1995.09.tawr116 Waybac.1995.09.tawr117 Waybac.1995.09.tawr118 Waybac.1995.09.tawr119 Waybac.1995.09.tawr120 Waybac.1995.09.tawr121 Waybac.1995.09.tawr122 Waybac.1995.09.tawr123 Waybac.1995.09.tawr124 Waybac.1995.09.tawr125 Waybac.1995.09.tah54 Waybac.1995.09.tah55 Waybac.1995.09.tah56 Waybac.1995.09.tah57

We wrap up with our video segment which features one new home movie as well as several from around the internet.

And that does it for this week’s episode of the Scheu Family Blog. Thanks for keeping up with us this time out and we’ll catch up with you again next time. Until then, have a good one. We miss you, Mom.
Later, Scheu

Leave a Reply