To Tell You something I know Nothing about…Next Thursday, which is Good Friday…

We’ve enjoyed another great week, here at the Scheu Abode. We got to see all the kids and spend time with the family this Easter – something we couldn’t do last year because of the Coronavirus. So, we did it up and were thankful for getting at least one more year with everyone together. We make sure not to take these things for granted any longer. Matt had one more week of teaching in Zionsville before he began Spring Break this weekend. He is looking forward to getting away for a little bit with Ms. Taylor. We were thrilled that Abby spent her Spring Break with us at home. We did all the things she enjoys – shopping, spa time, friends, frisbee and porch time! But the one thing she enjoyed more than the others? Seeing all three of her dogs and trying to love on them as much as she could one more time. Luke had a busy week of school, work, weightlifting and friends. Unfortunately, the baseball season began without him this year. I had a couple parents text me, asking about Luke. We missed being out in the cold with our baseball parent friends and don’t really like all the free time we have now. Is this what it will be like in another year? I’m not sure what I’ll do with myself…maybe I’ll finally clean out that darned garage… Ann and I passed around some sort of bug that causes an excessive amount of sinus drip and with it, a steady cough and sore throat. Of course, it could be seasonal allergies as the weather was MUCH nicer this week. April looks good on us. With all the sunshine and warmer weather, that’s meant more time on the frisbee golf courses for me. I got in 54 holes this week. That and a couple days of exercise meant that I got in about 10 miles of walking, which is still short of my goal. I didn’t make it to any workouts this week either. I hope to increase both of those numbers. We did manage to get the band of merry men together for cards finally, which was good for my soul. Molly’s health continues to degrade. We try to keep her outside as often as possible. It has come an everyday thing to do laundry each morning and each evening, as we keep her blankets clean. We have to clean her and diaper her every time she comes back inside. How much longer we do this is hard to say. I’m ready now, but I won’t do anything without everyone being on board. It was good to talk to Dad B, who celebrated another birthday this week. He is doing well and is recovering nicely from his most recent procedures. He’s been down this road with pets, so it was good to hear his advice on the issue. And as the temps continued to rise this week, so did the gas prices. It is now right at $3 a gallon. I felt bad not mowing this week. I believe the entire world mowed this week except us. Even Luke mowed this week. Granted, it was at Coach Harris’ house, but that’s got to be a first for us… Hello again and welcome back to the Scheu Family Blog.

It was back to work and school for the boys on Monday morning. The girls, those lucky dogs, had the day off. Abby continued to enjoy her Spring Break while Ann took the day off to make it a Girls Day Out. They slept in then went up north to meet up with Taylor in Carmel, where they had lunch at Divvy’s and went shopping. Later, they met up with Matthew and had dinner inside Sun King Brewery at La Margarita before heading home. Luke had a good day of school, including Advanced PE where he works out with Coach Jackson. After school, he worked out with the football team then went to the YMCA to workout yet again. Meanwhile, I had a fast morning of work, addressing maintenance issues since Victor was off that week. I went out to lunch with Justin & Justin at Qdoba where I had a low-carb meal then began my monthly EOC rounds that afternoon. Justin & I walked two and a half miles around the Airport Authority property after work. I stopped at the park on my way home since it was sunny and sixty and I played a couple rounds of disc golf. That gave me over four and a half miles of exercise total for the day. It was a much better effort as I threw a par 54. I met with Jimmy at the house that night. He dropped off an order of shirts for me to take in to work in the morning. I enjoyed some quiet time with the dogs, watching the NASCAR races at Bristol (they were rained out yesterday). They had put several tons of dirt on the track and was really cool to watch them sideways around the turns in that dirt… Then Luke called saying he had locked himself out of the Hot Rod Lincoln. So, I drove out to the Y and got him taken care of. He picked up Brayden and went through Burger King drive thru for a quick dinner. He farted around and was late bringing home dinner. By the time he got home, it was nearly dark and the girls had returned home. I enjoyed hearing all about everyone’s day. That night, Luke & Brayden ran around for a while, Abby went out to Megan’s house and Ann & I watched American Idol and some more March Madness games until bedtime. Here are random pictures from our recent adventures.

hwp21.04.01 sis21.04.01 sis21.04.02 sis21.04.03 sis21.04.04 sis21.04.05 sis21.04.06 sis21.04.07 sis21.04.08 sis21.04.09 sis21.04.10 sis21.04.11 sis21.04.12 sis21.04.13 sis21.04.14 sis21.04.15 sis21.04.16 sis21.04.17 sis21.04.18 sis21.04.19 sis21.04.20 sis21.04.21 sis21.04.22 sis21.04.23 sis21.04.24 sis21.04.25 sis21.04.26 sis21.04.27 sis21.04.28 sis21.04.29 sis21.04.30 sis21.04.31 sis21.04.32 sis21.04.33 sis21.04.34 sis21.04.35 sis21.04.36 sis21.04.37 sis21.04.38 sis21.04.39 sis21.04.40 sis21.04.41 sis21.04.42 sis21.04.43 sis21.04.44 sis21.04.45 sis21.04.46

On Tuesday, it was more of the same for the girls as they enjoyed another day off while the Luke & I returned to work and school. I had another fast day. With Vic out, maintenance duties fell to me again. After having a full moon on Sunday and Monday, that day was much calmer in the back of the facility. We had another new hire orientation class, early that day. After my monthly generator test and third vendor of the morning, I grabbed a quick lunch and got on to day two of my monthly EOC rounds. I got outside on a gorgeous afternoon to walk more than 5K around the airport grounds. I was hoping to play a quick round of frisbee golf as I came back through town, but it was waaay too windy so I went on home. I was pulling in just as Luke was getting home. He had a good day of school and football workouts, though he was admittedly sore from leg day. Lexi from J&A Auto called and said the van was ready. Turns out it was only a radiator hose, so that was great news! Luke took me out to pick it up Barney and then we went to ElRep for a celebratory dinner. I was supposed to work out with Bryan that night at the Sunken Boat Gym, but after a couple margaritas it was clear that I wasn’t going to make it that evening. Instead, we came home and watched Gonzaga win and Michigan lose in the final Elite Eight games of the Big Dance. Well, I watched about half of each game and slept through the rest of it. Meanwhile, the girls got up and made iced coffee for breakfast then napped that morning on their second day off. Later, Abby ran Ann out to her Prom / After-Prom meeting at the high school. Afterwards, they went up to Indy for facials with Kenzie Smith (Nat & Mike’s girl) and then had dinner at the Ale Emporium. Ann said the facial and back massages were enough to make her want to come every day! I didn’t even talk with them for more than a couple minutes when they got home that night, as I was napping while trying to watch basketball. When I woke back up again, they were in bed and I was alone with a really smelly dog. So, I got Molls cleaned-up and then was wide awake. I decided to just stay up and watch the stretch run of the Michigan / UCLA game. The Wolverines had several chances to win but missed shots and had too many turnovers to win the big game. Still, they had one last chance to win it at the end but missed the last shot. That really tightened things up with my bracket. I am still leading in Matt’s league, but now it’s really tight where before I was way out in front. If the ‘Zags can win out, I will win. But if Baylor wins out, Matt should win. That goes for both of our leagues…

Ann wasn’t too thrilled to go back to “school” (that’ what she called it – LOL) and was considering just taking off the whole week off for her Spring Break. 😊 She was glad she went in though, as they had a big pitch-in lunch that helped her day go by in a flash. My day was equally fast. I did some maintenance and IT work when I walked in that morning. Then, after catching up all my paperwork, I went out for lunch with the two Justins to Snappy Tomato. I called Dad B and wished him a happy birthday. It was his 72nd trip around the sun. He said he was feeling well after his heart procedure last week, taking things slow while still trying to heal from his recent back surgery. He is enjoying the warmer Florida weather for a few weeks before they head back up to the Jersey Shore for yet more old-folk procedures ~ LOL! He said they were going to go out for dinner with Dave & MaryJane to the Lobster Haus. It’s a place they recently discovered in the next town over that’s a Mom ‘n’ Pop Hole-in-the-Wall. The front door is in a back alley…talk about off the beaten path! But he said the folks are really nice and the food is great. Mmm…lobster does sound good… After lunch, I finished up my EOC rounds and left work early. Ann & I drove to Shelbyville where Luke met with the same oral surgeon that did Matt & Abby’s wisdom teeth. Now it’s Luke’s turn! His ear turned out really good and you can’t even tell he had anything done to it. Matt texted us several times that morning, saying he had just gotten out of his doctor appointment and has set a date for his next knee surgery. He set it for the first week of June, so he would be done with school and on summer break. That bad part is that his apartment is on the second floor. ☹ Abby had a good day of hanging out with the dogs. Judging by the leashes in the living room, I would venture to guess that she took the dogs on a walk again (I put them away yesterday too). I think she and Delilah went on an adventure to Dunkin. She had all kinds of stuff in the hallway when I got home…and sound asleep! She had rearranged her room and had a few things she needed to find a home for yet… Ann rode home with Luke so I didn’t have to sit in the car and wait (stupid COVID rules!). But it was all good. It allowed me blare 93.9 – The X – on the radio at a level Ann wouldn’t like on my way home. I think it may be my new favorite radio station. I just wish it came in better down here… That evening, Abby, Ann & I skewered meats and threw shish kabobs and a basket of veggies, potatoes and fruit on the grill. I had to hose off the porch so we could use it due to all the Molly doo-doos. Abs & I enjoyed a little bit of porch time while monitoring the grill with a cocktail on a chilly evening while Ann jumped under the blankets to warm up for a bit. We had a grand meal that was delicious and keto at the same time! Luke decided not to join us that evening. Instead, he went out on a date with Ms. Sarah again. We watched some American Idol, who whittled down to their Top 24. Ann went on to bed while I tried to watch a show or two…and wound-up napping on the couch instead – LOL. We have lots of social media pictures to share:

smp21.04.01 smp21.04.02 smp21.04.03 smp21.04.04 smp21.04.05 smp21.04.06 smp21.04.07 smp21.04.08 smp21.04.09 smp21.04.10 smp21.04.11 smp21.04.12 smp21.04.13 smp21.04.14 smp21.04.15 smp21.04.16 smp21.04.17 smp21.04.18 smp21.04.19 smp21.04.20 smp21.04.21 smp21.04.22 smp21.04.23 smp21.04.24 smp21.04.25 smp21.04.26 smp21.04.27 smp21.04.28 smp21.04.29 smp21.04.30 smp21.04.31 smp21.04.32 smp21.04.33 smp21.04.34 smp21.04.35 smp21.04.36 smp21.04.37

Ann & I had a cold drive into Columbus on Thursday. She forgot to text me to start the car, so we got in it and it was still quite frosty. We had fast mornings then Abby drove over to Columbus for her doctor appointment (foot) and to get some more Molly diapers (we can’t buy them fast enough to keep up with the demand!). She came over early so we could go to lunch. Abs came by my work first to pickup Justin & I then we got Ann and went to Five Guys for a scrumptious lunch. Justin wound up buying us a round of milkshakes that I really should’ve passed on but just couldn’t resist the peanut butter and bacon. However, the milky part really did a number on my sinuses. I woke up with an excessive amount of mucus this morning and battled sinus drip all day. Even with a Claritin and ibuprofen, I couldn’t clear it up. After lunch, things just went downhill. I finished up my monthly stuff with video surveillance rounds and inventory, put together a package of stuff for me to work on from home tomorrow and headed out to go walking. I got changed and started going before realizing that it was REALLY cold outside. Hell: it was snowing at lunch!! By the time I got back to the car, I felt like crap so I called Ann and we left town early to come back home. I was supposed to go workout with Bryan and the gang but instead I started a round of antibiotics and took a nap. When I woke up, I felt a little better so I packed up supplies for a couple cocktails, a log of deer sausage and a block of cheese and headed over to Shawn’s house for a night of cards with the boys. Bryan, Shawn, Alan, Mark and I had a good time and I walked out with an extra $15, which always makes for a good night! Shawn’s smoked chicken wings were really good but Bryan’s keto pizza was amazing. I wanted to eat more but it was so filling… I was glad I had Black Betty with me to drive home that night since it was so flipping cold. Those heated seats made the ride much easier. When I got home, Ann was in bed but Abby was up, spending time with Molly. Poor Miss Molly was lying there just crying. We know the end is near but are having trouble making the final choice…

We had a hard frost overnight and the windshields were icy on Friday morning. It was Good Friday and although he had the day off from school, Luke had to take Betty White to go work construction that morning. Without a heater, defrosting is a challenge, so we he had to get a can of windshield defroster in order to see out the window to drive. He froze his butt off but he managed. He worked for Harris, came home to clean up and then went to work at Hibbett’s until late. He wound up running around with Sarah for a while and stayed the night with Kam. Meanwhile, Abby slept in while I took Ann to Dunkin for breakfast and then went on to work downtown. I came home, delivered the Dunkin goods to the kids and began working from home. Abby & I picked up Ann around noon and went to lunch at Wings & Rings, where we saw Ms. Kristen. She made us a few cocktails, including Abby’s favorite drink at school (Killer Kool-Aid). We came home and while Abs took a long nap and the dogs went outside on a bright, sunny day, Ann & I went to work at home. She sat in on meetings for a couple hours then took a nap. I worked all afternoon, finally finishing up around 7 pm that night. Its crazy how much stuff I get done when I don’t have constant interruptions! Abby and Ann woke up and had tentative plans to go out for dinner to meet up with old friends from FC. However, Ann had a headache and wound up staying home. So, it was just Bu and I that evening. We went to the St. Paul Tavern where we sat with her old roommate (last year), Madeleine, and her parents Jeanne (Ann’s Tri-Delt sorority sister at FC) and Curt (an SAE that ran around in our circles back at FC and even played softball with us). It was fun visiting with them as we enjoyed a couple beers and dinner. I had their fish dinner that was completely over the top. There was so much food that I gave way three pieces and still had half of it left to take home! It was karaoke night and it was packed. After Madeline and Andrew (another one of Abby’s friends from FC) sang, we watched a couple more acts, the kids had a couple shots and then we said our goodbyes and went on home. We tried to watch the new King Kong vs. Godzilla on HBO Max. But as usual, I watched maybe three minutes and promptly fell asleep on the couch…damn I’m old… Here are pictures of the latest additions to my Hot Wheels collection.

hwc21.04.01 hwc21.04.02 hwc21.04.03 hwc21.04.04 hwc21.04.05 hwc21.04.06 hwc21.04.07 hwc21.04.08 hwc21.04.09 hwc21.04.10

I had a chance to sleep in on Saturday morning but instead my body wanted me up at 6:30 for some reason, so I got the dogs up and put them out and let everyone else sleep in. Eventually, I got up and started doing some chores. I checked fluids in all the vehicles then Abby & I went to the bank, post office, Dunkin and then went to Mom & Sandy’s house. We had breakfast with the ladies and then I fixed the window in their garage and went on to Walmart. Meanwhile, Ann & Luke got up and went to get him a tux for prom. They drove to the back neighborhood to pickup Sarah. They had left the dogs outside and much to their surprise, when they came around the corner – there was Delilah – on the OUTSIDE of the fence! She had been so good… They got her into the car, back in the house and into her pin before going on to the store to get Luke’s tux. When they finished up, Ann called me. I was in the Walmart parking lot and she wanted a laundry list of supplies to make food for tomorrow’s Easter dinner. Instead of me screwing it up and getting something wrong, I just drove home to get her and then we went shopping together. Meanwhile, Abby stayed at Mom & Sandy’s house and then went shopping with Gigi for a couple hours in Rushville. They stopped at Troyers on the way home to pick up food for tomorrow’s big Easter lunch. After she got home and ate some lunch, we went to Batesville to play some Frisbee golf at the park and, of course, to visit their huge liquor store! It was a gorgeous day in the 60s with lots of sunshine. 😊 The wind was really strong, but we managed. Our numbers were a little higher than normal, but hey – it’s the first round of the year, right? I had a 58 (4-over par) while Abs threw a 66. The best part? We walked a little over two miles for some much-needed exercise! We picked up some booze at the liquor store, including ingredients for the Killer Kool-Aid drinks that night. We also picked up a couple new cigars as well as a 151-proof rum. We stopped at Rural King for dog food and firewood for tonight. When we got home, Ann was cooking stuff for Easter. Abby baked our leftovers from yesterday as we waited for Gary to come over to stay the night with us. Luke worked at Hibbett’s that day then went to Sarah’s house for a while before bringing her over to the Scheu abode to meet us. We watched the Zags / UCLA bball game on the big screen while Abby made us a few rounds of Killer Kool-Aids. The game was very close and went into OT. In the extra period, it was again very close and Gonzaga threw up a prayer at the buzzer. As time expired, the ball went through the hoop for an exciting win! That makes it come down to one game for Matt and I as well as the national championship. We moved outside after the game and enjoyed some porch time with the fire pit and a few rounds of cocktails. Once the fire died down, we got cold and moved back inside to watch a movie. We put on the Kong / Godzilla movie but we decided instead to put on Hellraiser. Seems appropriate for Easter, right? We enjoyed a couple rum and cokes win the new bottle of 151. It was the perfect night cap. I think we finally called it a night at about 430 that morning…

Ann let me sleep in on Easter Sunday morning and dealt with the dogs. When I finally drug my butt out of bed, it was already the late morning. I slowly got up and began doing weekly household chores. I felt bad that Ann had cleaned up our mess from last night, which was very nice. I did a few loads of laundry, re-loaded the dishwasher and got cleaned-up. Gale and Gary were dragging as well that morning and after we got the car loaded, found ourselves waiting on them in the car. We still made it to lunch before Matt & Taylor! Luke came home from staying the night at Oakley’s house last night, got cleaned-up and went into work all day at Hibbett’s. Who in the world goes sporting goods shopping on Easter??? So, we missed him; however, there was a good turnout this year: Mom & Sandy, Ann & I, Matt & Taylor, Abby & Garrett, Dee, Jamie & Grace, “Grandpa” Joe, Keith’s friend Ronnie and his son Max and Becky (Kenny’s widow). It was a huge spread with a Troyer’s meat & cheese tray, their cheese bread and a couple packs of slider buns, Mom’s homemade mac & cheese, pasta salad and olive dip, Jamie’s baked beans, a big veggie tray, Abby’s ranch dip homemade popper dip, Ann’s homemade cheesy potatoes, brussels sprouts casserole and apple salad. Then there was the dessert table: Mom’s homemade key lime pie, sugar cookies and chocolate brownies – yum! Afterward, we moved outside for the annual Easter egg hunt around Grandma & Gigi’s yard. They had about 150 eggs altogether and it was a gorgeous day – in the 70s. I completely went off the diet reservation with my lunch so it was no wonder that when we came inside, I took a nap while watching the Reds game on TV while everyone else played several games of BINGO. We said our goodbyes and came home. Matt & Taylor got their Easter “baskets” and talked for a while before heading back to Carmel. Abby decided to stay and spend one more night with her Molly. She spent several hours outdoors with her beloved doggie, sunbathing together in the backyard. Mary and her dog came over for a playdate. Luke stopped at Gma & Gigi’s house after work to find his eggs in the yard, grab some grub and visit with the gals for a bit. He came home to get cleaned-up and get his “basket” which included a Taco Bell gift card. So, he decided he needed to check and see if it worked – LOL. Ann & I took it easy, flopping on the couch and recliner while catching up on our DVR’d shows like SVU, the new Law & Order with Stabler, Hawaii Five-O, Blue Bloods and The Equalizer while I worked on the blog. Once she fell asleep, I turned on the season finale of The Walking Dead. It was a relaxing way to wind down the weekend and put a cap on yet another fast week.

Next up is our Waybac segment, which continues to feature pix from Deanna’s digital camera in 2004. We lead off with in May – the Dixon Dance Revue; June – Luke’s birthday; July – 4th of July, the Fair Parade and Decatur Co. Fair and Grace’s birthday; August – Minnie & Charlie; October – Halloween; November – Thanksgiving; and December – Christmas Eve.

Waybac.2004.05.ddr37 Waybac.2004.06.lbd49 Waybac.2004.06.lbd50 Waybac.2004.07.foj191 Waybac.2004.07.foj192 Waybac.2004.07.foj193 Waybac.2004.07.foj194 Waybac.2004.07.foj195 Waybac.2004.07.fp87 Waybac.2004.07.fp88 Waybac.2004.07.fp89 Waybac.2004.07.fp90 Waybac.2004.07.fp91 Waybac.2004.07.gbd79 Waybac.2004.07.gbd80 Waybac.2004.08.mmc86 Waybac.2004.08.mmc87 Waybac.2004.08.mmc88 Waybac.2004.10.tot11 Waybac.2004.10.tot12 Waybac.2004.11.td38 Waybac.2004.11.td39 Waybac.2004.12.ce45 Waybac.2004.12.ce46 hwp21.04.01

And we wrap up with our video segment, which features one new family movie this week as well as several from around the internet.

And that does it for this week’s episode of the Scheu Family Blog. Thanks for keeping up with us this time out and we’ll catch up with you next time. Until then, have a good one and stay safe out there. We miss ya, Mom.
Later, Scheu

Leave a Reply