Freeze this Moment a Little Bit Longer…Make each Sensation a Little Bit Stronger

I know I’ve said this on here many times through the years, but this is my favorite time of the year. The weather is cooler, it’s the start of the holiday season and, of course, it’s football season. What has made it so very special these past dozen years or so has been that we’ve had our kids’ football seasons as a part of that as well. This week was very special for us as we got to see Luke at the top of his game and had Matt and Abby there to experience it with us. I paused a moment during the 3rd quarter to look around and really take it all in…because very shortly, it will be all gone. I well-up every time I even think about this and know that this is truly the end of an era – the golden area – for us. With Luke talking about sitting out his final wrestling and baseball seasons, it is especially depressing…but I digress… Matt had a fast week of meetings and studying again, up in Carmel. It was a special time for him to come see Luke play in an away game. Abby had a busy, drama-filled week again at Franklin. She continued to work at her internship and spend time with her sorority sisters, planning homecoming events. It was great to see her and her friend Will this weekend at Luke’s game as well. She’s our good luck charm, I swear we always win when she comes to the games! Luke had a good week of school and football practices. He worked at Hibbett’s and played one of his best games of all-time this week. His defense was just outstanding. He was virtually unstoppable. Ann had a fast week at work and got to spend a little time with her friends this week. She continued to help plan a special night for the football seniors the night before their final home game this coming season. I had a good week at work, despite our staffing shortage. I had a good week, health-wise, with one of my best lab results in a couple years. I again exceeded my weekly walking goal, logging about 18 miles. I enjoyed playing 45 rounds of frisbee golf, including the best round of my life! Overall, we had a great week but we know that next week will be a tough one. I’m already dreading the pre-game stuff but look forward to watching Luke play one last game on Shriver Field…if we could just freeze this moment a little bit longer… Hello again and welcome back to the Scheu Family Blog.

It was back to work and school on Monday morning. We had a foggy commute into work. Ann and I both had fast days at work. I was busy from the time I walked in the door until the time I left and I forgot to even clock in that morning. Vic, the Justins and I went to lunch at McCallister’s and even then, work was still calling for us to return. Luke had a fast day of school and then went on to football practice. He went to the YMCA to work out shortly after, so I got out of work late that evening and only managed about two and a half miles of walking. It was overcast and cooler but the humidity still kicked my butt. I went to the park that night and played a quick round of frisbee golf. It was not my best game. I shot a 25, sure, but I also took a few Mulligans…LOL. Ann made cheesy Fireworks popcorn for dinner and I had a couple more dips of that Carriage on the Square ice cream…it was a small taste of paradise! We watched a few more series premieres of some of our favorite shows like Big Sky, SWAT and SVU before I called it an early night and went on to bed. I wasn’t feeling my best and slept like a rock that night. Here are pictures from Luke’s Homecoming football game last weekend vs. Batesville.

lp21.10.02 lfbb21.01 lfbb21.02 lfbb21.03 lfbb21.04 lfbb21.05 lfbb21.06 lfbb21.07 lfbb21.08 lfbb21.09 lfbb21.10 lfbb21.11 lfbb21.12 lfbb21.13 lfbb21.14 lfbb21.15 lfbb21.16 lfbb21.17 lfbb21.18 lfbb21.19 lfbb21.20 lfbb21.21 lfbb21.22 lfbb21.23 lfbb21.24 lfbb21.25 lfbb21.26 lfbb21.27 lfbb21.28 lfbb21.29 lfbb21.30 lfbb21.31 lfbb21.32 lfbb21.33 lfbb21.34 lfbb21.35 lfbb21.36 lfbb21.37 lfbb21.38 lfbb21.39 lfbb21.40 lfbb21.41 lfbb21.42 lfbb21.43 lfbb21.44 lfbb21.45 lfbb21.46 lfbb21.47 lfbb21.48 lfbb21.49 lfbb21.50 lfbb21.51 lfbb21.52 lfbb21.53 lfbb21.54 lfbb21.55 lfbb21.56 lfbb21.57 lfbb21.58 lfbb21.59 lfbb21.60 lfbb21.61 lfbb21.62 lfbb21.63 lfbb21.64 lfbb21.65 lfbb21.66 lfbb21.67 lfbb21.68 lfbb21.69 lfbb21.70 lfbb21.71 lfbb21.72 lfbb21.73 lfbb21.74 lfbb21.75 lfbb21.76 lfbb21.77 lfbb21.78 lfbb21.79 lfbb21.80 lfbb21.81 lfbb21.82 lfbb21.83 lfbb21.84 lfbb21.85 lfbb21.86 lfbb21.87 lfbb21.88 lfbb21.89 lfbb21.90 lfbb21.91 lfbb21.92 lfbb21.93 lfbb21.94 lfbb21.95 lfbb21.96 lfbb21.97 lfbb21.98 lfbb21.99 lfbb21.100 lfbb21.101 lfbb21.102 lfbb21.103 lfbb21.104 lfbb21.105 lfbb21.106 lfbb21.107 lfbb21.108 lfbb21.109 lfbb21.110 lfbb21.111 lfbb21.112 lfbb21.113 lfbb21.114 lfbb21.115 lfbb21.116 lfbb21.117 lfbb21.118 lfbb21.119 lfbb21.120 lfbb21.121 lfbb21.122 lfbb21.123 lfbb21.124 lfbb21.125 lfbb21.126 lfbb21.127 lfbb21.128 lfbb21.129 lfbb21.130 lfbb21.131 lfbb21.132 lfbb21.133 lfbb21.134 lfbb21.135 lfbb21.136 lfbb21.137 lfbb21.138 lfbb21.139 lfbb21.140 lfbb21.141 lfbb21.142 lfbb21.143 lfbb21.144 lfbb21.145 lfbb21.146 lfbb21.147 lfbb21.148 lfbb21.149 lfbb21.150 lfbb21.151 lfbb21.152 lfbb21.153 lfbb21.154 lfbb21.155 lfbb21.156 lfbb21.157

We had another foggy ride into work on Tuesday. I was busy again that day. Ann said she started her day being cussed-out by a disgruntled patient but that it got better as the day progressed. Justin & I went to Arni’s for lunch. There was a sign on the door that said they were closing the dining room at 3 pm due to being short-staffed. I know when we were sitting there eating, there was only one gal working – doing it all. Granted, there were three guys in the kitchen, but this one gal was doing everything else. There were about a dozen people waiting to be seated for about 10 or 15 minutes, but the server was so busy that she never made it over there to seat them. Instead, one-by-one, they all left and went back to their cars. I was late getting out of work again that afternoon and only managed a little over two miles of walking before picking up Ms. Ann. I dropped her off and returned to the links for more disc golf. I continued to struggle. This time, no Mulligans and wound up one-over with a 28. I was again not feeling good that day. Yesterday, my face hurt – all kidding aside – and today my scalp hurt. How weird is that? I think I may have the start of a sinus infection as I’ve had a headache for a couple days, my ear hurts and my throat is scratchy. It was a find-your-own dinner night. Luke came home for a moment after school, football practice and the girls’ volleyball game to shower before heading over to Columbus for dinner with his buddies, including Oakley. That night, we heard a weird sound coming from the street. There was a crew sealing the asphalt streets in the neighborhood. It was pitch dark and after 8 pm when they were doing this. Luke’s car was parked on the street because there was no notice / head’s up given to us that this was even occurring. I just hope there’s not too much crap sprayed on his car… We chilled with the dogs and watched the two-hour special of Law & Order Organized Crime and then 9-1-1 before turning on the first episode of the second part of American Horror Story: Double Feature, which deals with aliens. It was pretty creepy and a little cheesy all at the same time. Here are pictures from Matt’s recent professional photo shoot for work.

mwp21.01 mwp21.02 mwp21.03 mwp21.04 mwp21.05 mwp21.06 mwp21.07 mwp21.08 mwp21.09 mwp21.10 mwp21.11 mwp21.12 mwp21.13 mwp21.14 mwp21.15 mwp21.16 mwp21.17 mwp21.18 mwp21.19 mwp21.20 mwp21.21 mwp21.22 mwp21.23 mwp21.24 mwp21.25 mwp21.26 mwp21.27 mwp21.28

Wednesday was another overcast day. It sprinkled on and off all day. We went in a little late as Ann had a dentist appointment (no cavities!) before work. While I waited, I ran through Dunkin for a morning pick-me-up for us as we headed into work. It was another long day that seemed to drag on, as I wasn’t feeling the greatest still… I did a couple IT projects and caught up some regulatory paperwork from the stuff I performed last Tuesday. The guys and I went to lunch to celebrate Justin passing another college class that morning – way to go, bud! That meant it was his choice, so he chose a place we hadn’t been before called Chop Sticks. Can you guess what their cuisine was? 😊 It was good food but the shop itself needed some cleaning as the tables were sticky – gross. By the time I got out of work, it was sprinkling. I walked in a light rain, which actually helped to keep me cool, so I was good with it. When we got back to town, I ran out to the park to try and get in another round of frisbee golf. As I teed off, it started to rain harder and continued to come down pretty good the whole time. I got soaked and it was really hard to control my disc. I wound up throwing it in the brush a couple times and once in the pond. It was in a sticker bush on the edge of the water on 6. I went back to get the grabber nabber from the car, only to find that it was still in the van. So, I hacked my way through the brush and got it out of the pond and continued on my way. It was not my finest game by a long shot. In fact, I tied what I think is my worst score of the year – a 29…yikes… I ran Annie out to Pizza King, to enjoy a girls’ night out with her scrapbook friends. Meanwhile, I came home and tried to watch the Talladega cup race from Sunday but instead fast-forwarded through four hours of rain delay and didn’t get to see even one green-flag lap. So, I turned on The Walking Dead and TWD: World Beyond. Luke had school and then went on to football practice. He had to turn in his Josten’s graduation stuff to get his cap, gown and announcement ordered – this is all going way too fast for me! He went to work for a while afterward and called me for some advice on tax stuff. Ann came home baring gifts for Luke & I – pizza – yum! Here are pictures of recent additions to my Hot Wheels collection.

hwc21.10.13 hwc21.10.14 hwc21.10.15 hwc21.10.16 hwc21.10.17 hwc21.10.18 hwc21.10.19 hwc21.10.20 hwc21.10.21 hwc21.10.22 hwc21.10.23 hwc21.10.24

Thursday was a great day! After getting my blood drawn at Ann’s office and going on to work, Ann texting me later that morning and said that we had won the Mega Millions! Well…we won $10 on it; but that’s still a winner! Then Justin took me out for lunch that afternoon for pizza buffet at Snappy Tomato. Later, Rick texted the group about cards that night and said that I had won the You-Pick- ‘Em football card from last week. That evening, Ann made us Spicy Italian Crazy bread to take to Poker Night while I went to the park and tried to redeem myself after yesterday’s epic fail on the disc golf course. Oh baby…did I ever make up for it. Man, what a difference a day makes! I birdied the front 4 holes. After missing a putt for par on 5, I parred 6, birdied 7, parred 8 and then birdied 9 for a new personal best of 22! That’s 2 strokes better than my previous best…and 7 strokes lower than last night! Ann and I both had good days at work. I completed a couple projects and a handful of smaller things that had been hanging out there, so I felt pretty good about my production. After going to bed early last night and getting nearly 8 hours of sleep, I finally felt a little better that day… I headed over to the Bewley Bar B&B that night to meet up with our band of merry men. We didn’t have everyone there that night due to harvest and sports. Still, with Ann’s crazy bread, Rick’s stuffed peppers and Bryan’s loaded nachos, we had plenty of good food. Mark and the new guy Scott gave us enough to have a good group of poker players. The football game was a good one, which made the night fly past us. And with the Bewley Bar well-stocked, we all left happy that evening. 😊 Even though I lost a few bucks, I did walk away with a jar of spicy pickles and a bunch of new stogies to try! Here are random pictures from our recent adventures.

sis21.10.73 sis21.10.74 sis21.10.75 sis21.10.76 sis21.10.77 sis21.10.78 sis21.10.79 sis21.10.80 sis21.10.81 sis21.10.82 sis21.10.83 sis21.10.84 sis21.10.85 sis21.10.86 sis21.10.87 sis21.10.88 sis21.10.89 sis21.10.90 sis21.10.91 sis21.10.92 sis21.10.93 sis21.10.94 sis21.10.95 sis21.10.96 sis21.10.97 sis21.10.98 sis21.10.99 sis21.10.100 sis21.10.101 sis21.10.102 sis21.10.103 sis21.10.104 sis21.10.105 sis21.10.106 sis21.10.107 sis21.10.108 sis21.10.109 sis21.10.110 sis21.10.111 sis21.10.112 sis21.10.113 sis21.10.114 sis21.10.115 sis21.10.116 sis21.10.117 sis21.10.118 sis21.10.119 sis21.10.120 sis21.10.121 sis21.10.122 sis21.10.123 sis21.10.124 sis21.10.125 sis21.10.126 sis21.10.127 sis21.10.128 sis21.10.129 sis21.10.130 sis21.10.131 sis21.10.132 sis21.10.133 sis21.10.134 sis21.10.135 sis21.10.136 sis21.10.137 sis21.10.138 sis21.10.139 sis21.10.140 sis21.10.141 sis21.10.142 sis21.10.143 sis21.10.144 sis21.10.145 sis21.10.146 sis21.10.147 sis21.10.148

Delilah was up early on Friday, whining and barking – wanting to go out and chase rabbits. Ann & I ran through Dunkin and I went to the grocery store to do some quick Hot Wheels hunting and hit the jackpot, coming away with not only a regular “F” Treasure Hunt but also the coveted super as well! 😊 I worked from home all morning. I only paused a few minutes when I picked Annie back up and brought her home. She napped as I worked on my monthly reports. Afterward, I gassed up the car, ran to the bank and played a quick round of frisbee golf. It was a windy afternoon, making the conditions quite challenging. I finished with a 28. That’s a far cry from my 22 yesterday, but that’s the fun part of this sport…it’s different every day. We packed up and went over to see Mom & Sandy, where we swapped cars for the night and hit the road. That night, we travelled to Milan for Luke’s final regular season away game of his high school football career. Meanwhile, Matt drove down from Carmel and picked up Abby & Will in Franklin – joining us near the end of the 1st quarter. Luke played extremely aggressive and had numerous big tackles and blocks. Monte (Oakley’s dad) said they were “slobber-knockers!” We had so much fun with Matt & Abby with us. It’s always so much more fun with the kids there to root him and the team on. The fans were all great and quite boisterous. We were all crammed together in those small visitors stands which really built the intensity. You could feel it all around you and hear all the comments. It was Senior Night for the Indians and the atmosphere was pretty cool with the band walking in with the team in the middle of the stands. The drums were so loud you could feel it. Milan jumped out to a two-touchdown lead after we turned over the ball on consecutive plays – the first was a fumble on a handoff and then on the ensuing drive, Sam threw an INT on a screen pass. Despite the hole the boys dug themselves into, they came right back and by halftime, they had a TD lead. In fact, they could’ve had another score but got picked off in the endzone. In the second half, the Pirates pulled away and sealed the deal with a late score to win easily 41-15. We stayed afterward and talked with Luke, who was fired up, to say the least! He got cleaned-up and went out to Oakley’s house for the night. We met Matt, Abby & Will in Batesville for dinner at the only place that was still open after 10 pm on a Friday night (I shit you not, there was nothing else open between Milan and Greensburg). We had a nice dinner and talk at Ison’s Family Pizza. We said our good-byes and went our separate ways. The kids all made it back safely and I went on to bed once we got home. Ann stayed up with the dogs…by which I mean she slept in her chair with the dogs until the wee hours of the morning. We have lots of social media pictures to share this week.

I’m glad I went to bed early last night because Delilah was up before the sunrise, barking and whining to go out on Saturday morning. I wanted to get an early start anyhow so that I could gas up and return the Ford to Sandy and get to working out in the yard. However, I sat down to edit some pictures and fell asleep for a couple hours on the couch with DJ and Lola. When Ann got up, she woke me up and I got the car back and talked with Mom, who was up cleaning her garage. I came back and mowed the backyard as the new neighbors started moving in (we think?). They have two big, fluffy dogs which our dogs loved barking at for over an hour while I mowed. Afterward, I loaded up the yard tools and returned to Mom & Sandy’s house to mow & trim. I visited with her afterward for a few minutes then came home to mow the front and then trimmed everywhere for the first time in a few weeks. I got cleaned up, grabbed some leftovers and we got caught up on our DVR’d shows for several hours that evening while I edited the 900 football pictures from the Batesville game. Luke came home for a little bit after working at Hibbett’s for a couple hours. He picked up groceries for us at Walmart that Ann ordered online earlier that evening. Luke wound up staying the night out at Oakley’s house.

smp21.10.54 smp21.10.55 smp21.10.56 smp21.10.57 smp21.10.58 smp21.10.59 smp21.10.60 smp21.10.61 smp21.10.62 smp21.10.63 smp21.10.64 smp21.10.65 smp21.10.66 smp21.10.67 smp21.10.68 smp21.10.69 smp21.10.70 smp21.10.71 smp21.10.72 smp21.10.73 smp21.10.74 smp21.10.75 smp21.10.76 smp21.10.77 smp21.10.78 smp21.10.79 smp21.10.80 smp21.10.81 smp21.10.82 smp21.10.83 smp21.10.84 smp21.10.85 smp21.10.86 smp21.10.87 smp21.10.88 smp21.10.89 smp21.10.90 smp21.10.91 smp21.10.117 smp21.10.118 smp21.10.92 smp21.10.93 smp21.10.94 smp21.10.95 smp21.10.96 smp21.10.99 smp21.10.97 smp21.10.98 smp21.10.100 smp21.10.101 smp21.10.102 smp21.10.103 smp21.10.104 smp21.10.105 smp21.10.106 smp21.10.107 smp21.10.108 smp21.10.109 smp21.10.110 smp21.10.116 smp21.10.115 smp21.10.111 smp21.10.112 smp21.10.113 smp21.10.114 smp21.10.119 smp21.10.120 smp21.10.121 smp21.10.122 smp21.10.124 smp21.10.126 smp21.10.127 smp21.10.125 smp21.10.123 smp21.10.128 smp21.10.129 smp21.10.130 smp21.10.131 smp21.10.132 smp21.10.133 smp21.10.134 smp21.10.135 smp21.10.136 smp21.10.137

As has become the norm nowadays, the dogs were up much too early on Sunday morning. I got up with them which allowed me to get a jump start on writing out this week’s html code for the blog. Once Ann got up that morning, I slowly got around to our weekly household chores like laundry and dishes. I received a text from Sandy about mid-morning, saying the Ford wouldn’t start. I went over and hooked it up to the battery charger for a few minutes and it fired right up. I saw that they have their Christmas tree up already! Gigi ran the car for about a half hour and seemed to hold the charge. She drove it to Walmart and it started when she came back out, so hopefully it’s good for now. We looked at pulling it out and having it checked, but there’s no way I could get that thing out since it is located up, under the dash area. You have to take a bunch of stuff off and there’s now way I was going to attempt that process… I enjoyed watching football for about 13 hours that day as they started early with a game in England at 930. RedZone was great for the early games as most of them were close. I flipped over and watched the Cowboys game in the late afternoon. Luke got off work a little early and took a nap instead of trimming the bushes. When he got up, he met up with his teammates at The Wests to watch the Sectional draw. We wound up drawing Charlestown again. Last year, we not only travelled over an hour but then had a three-hour rain / storm delay and wound up getting home really late on Saturday morning. We shut them out last year, so they will be out for blood this year. We will need to have the boys prepared for a dogfight. If we can get past that hungry team, we will likely face Lawrenceburg in the second round, which will be a challenge, for sure. He & Brayden came over afterward. Coach Mary was here, dropping off Grayson’s senior sheet for this coming week. It’s hard to believe it’s Senior Week / Senior Night this week already. I’m not ready for this ride to end… ☹ The boys drove over to Columbus to eat dinner at Red Lobster (la-tee-dah!). Ann & I are facing each other this week in the fantasy football league. She has been ahead all weekend. I pulled ahead briefly when the Cowboys won and Dak & Cee Dee had good games…but then the Bills played on SNF and she had Josh Allen, so it was just a matter of time before she took bragging rights at the Scheu abode. She made cheesy Fireworks popcorn as we settled in to watch what promised to be the game of the week – the Chiefs vs. the Bills. It was a great way to wind down a relaxing weekend that I think we both needed before we gear up for what’s to come next week…

Next up is our Waybac section, which features the next batch of 2006 pictures from Dee’s digital camera. We lead off in March, where we see Abby & Grace on a daytrip to Chicago; in May, we see the fam at our house for a Memorial Day party; in July we have the County Fair, Grace’s birthday and the Indy car show; September has Abby & Keith’s birthday parties; in October, we see Grace trick-or-treating with Gma; in November we have Thanxmas Day activities; and then in December we have the Owens Christmas Eve party and a spa day for Abby & Gracie.

Waybac.2006.03.ct04 Waybac.2006.03.ct05 Waybac.2006.03.ct06 Waybac.2006.05.md03 Waybac.2006.05.md04 Waybac.2006.07.dcf02 Waybac.2006.07.dcf03 Waybac.2006.07.gbd04 Waybac.2006.07.ics04 Waybac.2006.09.abd02 Waybac.2006.09.kbd02 Waybac.2006.10.hd02 Waybac.2006.11.td03 Waybac.2006.11.td04 Waybac.2006.12.ce04 Waybac.2006.12.ce05 Waybac.2006.12.ce06 Waybac.2006.12.sd05 Waybac.2006.12.sd06 Waybac.2006.12.sd07 lp21.10.02

And finally, we wrap up with our video segment, which features one new home movie this week as well as several from around the internet.

And that does it for this week’s entry of the Scheu Family Blog. Thanks for keeping up with us this time out and we’ll catch up with you again next time. Until then, have a good one and stay safe out there. We miss ya, Mom.
Later, Scheu

Leave a Reply